Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Thomas

No, it isn't over the top. Look at their career playoff #s.
    TT .926 and 2.16 18 GP

RL .919 and 2.46 34 GP

Worse, Luongo's stats have gotten worse in each appearence. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8466141
    Better still, Thomas's cap hit is actually lower.

In Response to Re: Thomas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : So now TT is an immediate upgrade on Luongo?That's slightly over the top isn't it?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thomas has has good or better numbers than Luongo.  I dont need to look up the stats right now, Ive posted them on this site MANY time.  Luongo is NOT as good as Thomas.  Look at their ages, how long theyve played, etc., etc., etc., and Thomas is clearly a better goalie over the past few years, and has as good or better than numbers.  Pretty simple.

NAS, I didnt realize this was a discussion about Chara, but he would OBVIOUSLY make them better.  However, Chara is not a goalie last time I checked.  Thomas has been the best, most consistant goalie in the NHL for the past 3 straight seasons.  I dont care about playoff numbers, only 1 team wins it all when its over, so its a moot point.  Thomas was INJURED last year, thats why he was "off" a little, and Rask had a GREAT half season.  It doesnt change the fact that Thomas has been the backbone of the Bruins for the past 3 seasons and he is THE elite goalie in the world right now.  Why its so hard for people to grasp that is beyond me.  He has been setting & breaking records all year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No, it isn't over the top. Look at their career playoff #s. TT .926 and 2.16 18 GP RL .919 and 2.46 34 GP Worse, Luongo's stats have gotten worse in each appearence. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8466141 Better still, Thomas's cap hit is actually lower. In Response to Re: Thomas :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    So you want to compare TT after barely more than half the post-season games as Luongo?16 games less than Luongo(exactly what we need TT  to win for us this year for the cup) is quite a few games.There's a reason the player poll chose Luongo as most difficult goalie to score on(but what do they know?).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas has has good or better numbers than Luongo.  I dont need to look up the stats right now, Ive posted them on this site MANY time.  Luongo is NOT as good as Thomas.  Look at their ages, how long theyve played, etc., etc., etc., and Thomas is clearly a better goalie over the past few years, and has as good or better than numbers.  Pretty simple. NAS, I didnt realize this was a discussion about Chara, but he would OBVIOUSLY make them better.  However, Chara is not a goalie last time I checked.  Thomas has been the best, most consistant goalie in the NHL for the past 3 straight seasons.  I dont care about playoff numbers, only 1 team wins it all when its over, so its a moot point.  Thomas was INJURED last year, thats why he was "off" a little, and Rask had a GREAT half season.  It doesnt change the fact that Thomas has been the backbone of the Bruins for the past 3 seasons and he is THE elite goalie in the world right now.  Why its so hard for people to grasp that is beyond me.  He has been setting & breaking records all year. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    NAS simply made the same point that you did.Put one of Boston's star players on another team and the other team gets immediately better.It's not just TT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, I didnt realize this was a discussion about Chara, but he would OBVIOUSLY make them better. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

I thought it was about hockey.  My mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think with Boston being in the top 3 in the league with shots allowed says a lot. In 08-09 the B's were middle of the pack with that stat & TT won the Vezina. This year they're allowing even more shots & more quality chances than previous seasons. TT isn't the ONLY reason the B's have the record they have, but he's defineately the MAIN reason. It makes me sick when so called fans put down the job the guy has done! Anyone who says that ANY goalie could come in & put up TT's numbers has blinders on!

Up to this point.TT deserves the Vezina, the Hart & I'll bet he gets a lot of votes for the Pearson as well.

Dez right now? TT is better than Bobby Lou! Play-offs & regular season. Why you would even debate that shows your dis-like for TT. Right now TT is better than Marty Brodeur! Right now TT is better than Ryan Miller! Right now there's no other goalie in the NHL I'd take into the play-offs over TT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Thomas:
    [QUOTE]I was a tuukka guy last year, a trade tt guy to clear cap space, Timmy is saving this team.  There is no other reason we are in 1st in the division, this guy has been beyond unreal.  Get this guy some more help infront of him and make a legit cup run!  Get us more offense, TT will continue hiding mistakes or chances taken in the o zone. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Nothing personal understand, but while I am very excited about having Tuuka RASK on the B's, and enjoyed immensely his run last season, the whole Tim THOMAS situation last year, that is the "fans'" posts on this forum had me shaking my head. Maybe because I never had a cell phone and never "texted" in my six plus decades on earth have made it easier for me to be more patient considering the totality of the circumstances.  I recall the chatter when the tv cameras showed TT on the bench looking pretty peeved  and how many fans seemed to enjoy it. Personally I saw it as the look of someone very determined (and frustrated) to return to top form, knowing that a significant injury (hip) was affecting his game. Hey, I would love to see a Stanley Cup return to BOSTON before I cash in my chips. Meanwhile, I see TT as a wholesome individual and a dedicated competitor who despite his flaws, plays ever game  with full appreciation for the opportunity to play in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Luongo has been in the NHL longer, and been seen by more players. He's played on 3 teams in two conferences.

Luongo has played in the playoffs 3 times. In each of those three times he's given up more goals than Thomas had in roughly the same number of games.
    For example, in 08-09 Luongo played 10 games and gave up 26 goals.
    Thomas played 11 games and give up 21.

Even last year, bad hip and all Thomas had a better GAA and Sv% than Luongo.

This year Luongo has played 2 more games and has 1 less win.

So yes, at this point neither has been on a team that's gone beyond the second round. But in none of Thomas's trips to the post season has he been the weak link on his team.

Good goalies have respectable seasons and get you to the playoffs, very good and great goalies will keep you in the playoffs as long as you score a little.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : So you want to compare TT after barely more than half the post-season games as Luongo?16 games less than Luongo(exactly what we need TT  to win for us this year for the cup) is quite a few games.There's a reason the player poll chose Luongo as most difficult goalie to score on(but what do they know?).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]