Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thomas

Dear Think-You-Know-It-All Former Goalies,

Got anything else about there being something wrong with Thomas?

Signed,

Former Forward

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Thomas

Dear forward-

People who said Thomas was not playing well were 100% correct.

Thomas in his last few games is playing much, much better.

Are we going to pretend he wasn't playing very well for a stretch there, because he's looking good now?

Hopefully, he's turned a corner.  Looks great right now.  This is just right for playoffs, but as everyone knows, he can be a streaky guy.

Signed,

Former Goalie who knows quiite a bit more about goaltending than you do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My only concern is fatigue because TT has shown he is an elite goalie and will always battle. I don't really care about the wins-losses because I am very confident Boston will win the division, so I would be in favor of giving Turco a good number (depending on how he does, the majority) of the remaining games (and maybe Rask gets back for 1 or 2?).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The last two games Timmy has played like the Timmy we've applauded, but he does need a back-up. Khudobin has had two wins in his return from a wrist injury. He should be well rested, and, since Turco is ineligable for post season, could be the Bruins best bet as Timmy's back-up for now. No news on Tuuka's progress.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I am one of those who said he wasnt seeing the puck well and he was playing like he was before his hip surgery. Its all an opinion and i really hope whatever it was isnt a factor anymore. No TT = short playoff run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Dear forward- People who said Thomas was not playing well were 100% correct . Thomas in his last few games is playing much, much better . Are we going to pretend he wasn't playing very well for a stretch there, because he's looking good now? Hopefully, he's turned a corner.  Looks great right now.  This is just right for playoffs, but as everyone knows, he can be a streaky guy. Signed, Former Goalie who knows quiite a bit more about goaltending than you do.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

There was nothing wrong with him.  He just wasn't playing well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Looks like his hips are feeling better...good ..and I noticed that Khudobin is doing miracles with the P=Bruins since he is back from his wrist injury ...I really believe he desserves a trial with the Bruins instead of Turco ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Thomas wasn't playing well and neither was the team in front of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas wasn't playing well and neither was the team in front of him.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

and that's ^ the bottom line.

I said it on another thread and I'll say it here again, I'm glad Thomas the last few games has shut up KPD, Fluto and Haggs with their " Thomas seems tired " headlines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas wasn't playing well and neither was the team in front of him.

I agree!  The goalies here (weirdos as they are) had suggested that there was something wrong with Thomas because he didn't stop a rocket to the TC from the bottom of the circle.  Some sort of foolishness about one of his knees being bent or whatever.

He's fine.

Good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was at the game last night NAS all my concerns of Mr. Tim Thomas possibly being tired have been dashed, what a show he put on! Kings season ticket holders sitting next to me proclaimed "man is Thomas going to be tough to beat in the playoffs".

Tons and tons of defensive breakdowns by the Bruins defense and TT bailed them out. Nerve racking but wow Tim showed me again and again his recovery skills wicked pissa!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night NAS all my concerns of Mr. Tim Thomas possibly being tired have been dashed, what a show he put on! Kings season ticket holders sitting next to me proclaimed "man is Thomas going to be tough to beat in the playoffs". Tons and tons of defensive breakdowns by the Bruins defense and TT bailed them out. Nerve racking but wow Tim showed me again and again his recovery skills wicked pissa!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What a game to go to, San!  That was one of the most exciting games I've watched since the Tampa series last year.  So much action! The fight, the hits, the goals, the saves...that was a hockey game for the ages!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Almost as good as the Bruins beating the Kings in 91' when Clark Donatelli slammed home the winner in OT. But yeah I had like 6 heart attacks at the end there panic, panic, panic. Big win for the Bs for sure!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

There was something wrong with him, he was off his game, combine that with the fact that there was also something wrong with the way the team was playing in front of him and well, you see what the results were.

And I know what your reffering to, my thread after the Pomminville goal, but go back and look I also said that even a goalie on his best day would not stop that shot. I specifically talked about his body language on the play and others before it, even on his saves. looked like his angles were off, he was unusually deep in his net, especially for him and he was less aggressive than we are used to seeing him. All signs of a goalie battling a little bit with his confidence, but I also said he would get it back and it would help if the team in front of him would get their act back together. Myself and Nite talked about this in a different thread.

When a goaltender is not playing well, much like a pitcher or a golfer it usually is a sign that something is wrong, whether it's mechanical, mental something is off. You go back and try to fix it before it snowballs. I'm sure he and Essensa looked at tape and worked on fixing it.

Now what you have here is, the team is starting to play better and he is gettting his form back, his confidence is back and if he gets back to the top of his game (not quite there yet, but it's coming and it shows) I don't care if it's the Rangers, Crosby is back whatever, he is the single most important player in the playoffs. If he is at the top of his game, I don't care what other teams do, he will win them a cup.

I appreciate being called out too. Pretty sure us goalies are still playing too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Just to be clear here, I am a former goaltender, played through college. Not that has anything to do with commentary on Tim Thomas or anyother NHL goaltender. Anybody who has a good knowledge of the game is capable of reasoned commentary on players of any position.

As long as Tim is rested, which is a problem given the injury to Tuukka, I wouldn't be concerned.  But because double T plays such an athletic style (as opposed to a style like Tuukka's) undoubtedly he expends a lot of energy particularly in games like against the Kings (frequently up and down, and a lot of quick lateral movements) so rest is particularly important for Thomas also you have to consider his age. Hopefully either Turco or somebody from Providence can adequately fill in Tim and spell him because if he's worn down heading into the playoffs, well it doesn't bode well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : and that's ^ the bottom line. I said it on another thread and I'll say it here again, I'm glad Thomas the last few games has shut up KPD, Fluto and Haggs with their " Thomas seems tired " headlines.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

It probably is with any club, BsL.  The goalie can only do so much when the team is as off as the Bruins were for so long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night NAS all my concerns of Mr. Tim Thomas possibly being tired have been dashed, what a show he put on! Kings season ticket holders sitting next to me proclaimed "man is Thomas going to be tough to beat in the playoffs". Tons and tons of defensive breakdowns by the Bruins defense and TT bailed them out. Nerve racking but wow Tim showed me again and again his recovery skills wicked pissa!

It's a Bruin double-feature for you, Dawg as you said you'll be watching them tonight vs the Ducks.  Well done, bro.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : I agree!  The goalies here (weirdos as they are) had suggested that there was something wrong with Thomas because he didn't stop a rocket to the TC from the bottom of the circle.  Some sort of foolishness about one of his knees being bent or whatever. He's fine. Good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's no coincidence his play of late has improved much as the Bruins' own.  Might be a similar situation in Buffalo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : Perhaps it's no coincidence his play of late has improved much as the Bruins' own.  Might be a similar situation in Buffalo.

Give the B's two weeks of easy opponents and see where they are in the standings...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm sure it was a nice atmosphere. On NESN they kept on showing young and old sporting the Bruin colors.  Great to see Bruin fans that crave seeing their team out there.  I'm sure they all reserved in advance to see their Stanely Cup Champions
    I hope you're going to the one tonight also ? and I hope Julien keeps TT in nets.
    I gotta catch myself a West coast game .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : Give the B's two weeks of easy opponents and see where they are in the standings...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Are there really any "easy" opponents? I take nothing forgranted.....and I hope the B's don't either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

TT

Lookin Good!

last few minutes of super duper
    WOW!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : Are there really any "easy" opponents? I take nothing forgranted.....and I hope the B's don't either.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are plenty of easy opponents.  No games are guaranteed wins, but when you're playing a team that has 29 wins after 76 games, it's going to be a lot less difficult than playing the teams who are at the top of their conferences.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas : Are there really any "easy" opponents? I take nothing forgranted.....and I hope the B's don't either.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

No game is a given but there are certanly opponents that are easier than others, especially after a bad team has traded away some players at the deadline while already looking ahead to next year. Those are the teams that not only are easier to beat, but you have to beat them.

Sections
Shortcuts