Thornton and Pouliot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thornton and Pouliot

Reading these boards the past month it would appear that Thornton and Pouliot are the second coming of "Nifty" and Adam Oates. After watching the Canucks debacle, that was ruined by "disgracefull"[ thanks Torts] officiating, Thornton and Pouliot are liabilities that need to be replaced as the season becomes more intense. Pouliot is not even as good as Wheeler was; and Thorny, who gives 200% effort, cannot handle the puck in any zone on the ice. They both try, but they miss too many opportunities to help. Pouliot is not "offsides" as frequently as Wheeler, but he is a close second; plus his passing is rarely on the mark. Thorny, as his friends call him, really has trouble handling anyuck, and his decisions on who to check or disrupt are often meaningless. Yelling and cursing other teams is not exactly an admirable trait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thornton and Pouliot

C'mon Bogie!  Thornton did a great job of yelling at the Canucks.  He also did a great job of following the code and not following through on the fight when the other actor got stage fright.  While Campbell and Horton were doing the dirty work, Thornton played the intimidator role by making angry faces and saying things.

Not including October, he has scored a goal in each month, so he's that much more valuable than other skating clowns who don't get one goal a month. 

Pouliot is fine for the money.  There is no one in Providence to take his spot and I can't think of anyone to trade for in order to replace him.  Thornton could be replaced by half of the Providence squad and possibly 1/3 of the Greenville team.  That won't happen, of course, because he's a really funny guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As the deadline approaches I hope they explore depth for that 3-4th lines and a 7th dman if they can't get the top 2/4 type I really want.  

I think Pouliot is as streaky as Ryder.  Ryder did have some timely goals. 

I think they must add a few spare parts.  Nothing major.  Once April hits Thornton should be ready for the summer.  But CJ is loyal to him and will play him.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think both guys are above average for their role. Pouliot has been an excellent #9-10 forward, Thornton a solid #12. I wouldn't call either one a liability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]I think both guys are above average for their role. Pouliot has been an excellent #9-10 forward, Thornton a solid #12. I wouldn't call either one a liability.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Yup that's their roles and they're good at it. But I also wouldn't go making foolish claims about either ( good or bad ) . They are what they are . Bottom of the depth chart forwards .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Pouliot has been much more consistent than Ryder was last year. He's all over the ice and creating plays all the time. He has a great reach, great hands, really good shot, uses the body, sees the ice fairly well, plays within the system and is motivated on his new team. Thornton has also added some big plays over the last stretch. There were literally no weak links in the last several weeks except maaaybe Horton and he's picking it up now too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

In Response to Thornton and Pouliot:
    [QUOTE]Reading these boards the past month it would appear that Thornton and Pouliot are the second coming of "Nifty" and Adam Oates. After watching the Canucks debacle, that was ruined by "disgracefull"[ thanks Torts] officiating, Thornton and Pouliot are liabilities that need to be replaced as the season becomes more intense. Pouliot is not even as good as Wheeler was; and Thorny, who gives 200% effort, cannot handle the puck in any zone on the ice. They both try, but they miss too many opportunities to help. Pouliot is not "offsides" as frequently as Wheeler, but he is a close second; plus his passing is rarely on the mark. Thorny, as his friends call him, really has trouble handling anyuck, and his decisions on who to check or disrupt are often meaningless. Yelling and cursing other teams is not exactly an admirable trait.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Yeah what a horrible team. They should change EVERYTHING with the year they're having. Pathetic.

**This was all sarcasm** I was making fun of the fact that bogie6 is an idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OK TROLL go for it. On some issue, come up with a contributing comment or just fold your tent. Do you know that printed comments can be libelous??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]OK TROLL go for it. On some issue, come up with a contributing comment or just fold your tent. Do you know that printed comments can be libelous??
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Troll? How about this for a contributing comment...

Pouliot has had two 60 point seasons. Not saying that he is going to be getting 60 points playing third line minutes but he's doing pretty good for one year, $1 million. Say what you want about Thornton I would rather have him than Caron in the lineup every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

My comment was meant to be slanderous so I'm not sure what you're getting at there...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pouliot has been far better than I could even imagine. Great pick-up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot has been far better than I could even imagine. Great pick-up.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    TROLL!!!!! Posting something good about a player on the best team in the league while on the said team's forum. You MUST be a troll.

**Again this was all sarcasm** Intended to show how much of an IDIOT bogie6 is.
    Is that libelous enough for you bogie?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : Troll? How about this for a contributing comment... Pouliot has had two 60 point seasons. Not saying that he is going to be getting 60 points playing third line minutes but he's doing pretty good for one year, $1 million. Say what you want about Thornton I would rather have him than Caron in the lineup every day of the week and twice on Sunday. My comment was meant to be slanderous so I'm not sure what you're getting at there...
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

Before you call someone an idiot ( which bogie is not ) you should get your facts right. Pouliot has never scored more then 30 points in an NHL season.

His two 60 point seasons came as a teenager playing for the OHL's Sudbury Wolves.

I have had more posts questioning bogie's comments then anyone here . He sees things differently then others but I don't rail on him as an idiot. It's just his point of view which I disagree with at times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : Before you call someone an idiot ( which bogie is not ) you should get your facts right. Pouliot has never scored more then 30 points in an NHL season. His two 60 point seasons came as a teenager playing for the OHL's Sudbury Wolves. I have had more posts questioning bogie's comments then anyone here . He sees things differently then others but I don't rail on him as an idiot. It's just his point of view which I disagree with at times.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    That was a mistake on my part. On the NHL app on my phone it doesn't say what team they play for when they give the points. Bogie is still an idiot, plain and simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I said prior to the season Pouliot could surprise and snipe 20.  Having Thornton in the playoffs should only happen in a match up game.  He is the king of the skating clown variety.  But having an upgrade on line three and pushing Pouliot to the Campy/Paille line sure gives us an edge.

Look- Thornton is what he is to me.  Everyone who reads regularly knows I am not a huge fan.  I think this team is tough enough w/o needing him.  If we had a team like Washington I would want a guy like ST.  

I won't say much more about him until the playoffs roll in.  Pouliot is a decent player and has some skill and grit and good wheels.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : That was a mistake on my part. On the NHL app on my phone it doesn't say what team they play for when they give the points. Bogie is still an idiot, plain and simple.
    I disagree. Bogie is a solid poster who's opinion you happen to disagree with. I could understand you calling me an idiot but not Bogie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm also behind Bogie as a solid poster.  Dez is an idiot and I agree with that last poster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm also behind Bogie as a solid poster.  Dez is an idiot and I agree with that last poster.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    See, this makes sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

[QUOTE]I'm also behind Bogie as a solid poster.  Dez is an idiot and I agree with that last poster.
    does this mean you are finally coming out Shupe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Sorry Shupe this looks like a troll coming at ya, but it is not, just messin with ya, my first post under a new name.  Been trying for 2 months to get access to my old account a lot of fun!!!

Formerly
    No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : does this mean you are finally coming out Shupe
    Posted by KMCI[/QUOTE]
    Finally? Sounds like someone's anxiously waiting.Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Shupe this looks like a troll coming at ya, but it is not, just messin with ya, my first post under a new name.  Been trying for 2 months to get access to my old account a lot of fun!!! Formerly No4BobbyOrr-GOAT
    Posted by KMCI[/QUOTE]

No4...yeah...Dez likely reported you.  Just saying.  He is known...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : Troll? How about this for a contributing comment... uliot has had two 60 point seasons.

I would say that's a pretty crappy contributing comment.  His 60 point seasons were in the OHL.  His best NHL season was 30 points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton and Pouliot : No4...yeah...Dez likely reported you.  Just saying.  He is known...

Reporting people does no good.  I've reported Fletcher 100 times.  Nothing!