Thornton, Kessel and now Seguin- keep it rolling!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Thornton, Kessel and now Seguin- keep it rolling!

Kel, I think Marco is challenging you to a duel:

Good luck my friend ( and please quit that nasty smoking habit....it will kill you).

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Camperpete's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ok lets do the math. Thornton has been a bust in SJ. He stinks in the playoffs and will never win a Cup. Kessel is a speedy crafty winger but has no two way game and will probably never win a Cup in Toronto. Seguin had great promise however he was too busy going out partying and posting BS on Twitter. Seguin in the end was all show and no boat. Bruins got a ton of cap space relief and a bunch of solid young players. This allows them to lock up Rask and Bergeron long term who are the core pieces of this Bruins team. Not a flash in the pan player like Seguin. More moves to come at the wing position. Weiss and Clarkson could be Causeway bound.

P.

Jt- they could have gotten more for him- they really got nothing and as Torterlla said he's one of the best players in the game

Kessel- i think this not backchecking stuff is blown out of proportions- in the end when he left Boston he was a plus 23- keep in mind he was traded to a lousy toronto team that is now starting to improve and i agree that if they do not spend they're money wisely(cuz they have lots) they will never win a cup.

[QUOTE]

Boston has a habit of trading their young stars. This comes from the top . If Pc had his way , i doubt he would have done this. Anyhow, just a pure joke and i read some posts that go to great lenghts in justifying this trade. It's a potential destructive trade! One only witnesses this in Boston. all i can say is thank goodness for our cup mainly thx to Gorton for drafting excellent players the Marchands, kessels, lucics, Krejci anfd trading for rask. Good job Gorton ! Pc has done a dismal job drafting players he has however done 2 very good trades in getting Horton, and DS.

Not excited at all with this erixon guy. without Horton and now Seguin(eventhough he did not great in playoffs) we just passed from a chiamponship team to a team that is slightly above average.  

Ok so Tyler liked to party really so what- rember what kane did to the cab driver? i think that was just negative stuff on him to justify the trade

yes, may very well be possible that they did this to free cap space  and they now have 13m but they also would have had 13 or close if they simply bought out PEV . this is my problem why are the Bruins exempt to buyouts and whyb should we as fans accept this. Mtl, TB, Pholly etc all used their buyouts why not Boston .

I said it before this is obviously bcuz of the jacobs - it is not easy being a gm in boston- keep in mind although he said he will put Savard on Ltir - he has not done yet . It is years Sav is on injury list.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Marco, can you at least attempt to format your posts?

I have no idea where your comment begins and the rest ends.  And it's way too tedious to read through all the stuff I read already to find what you said.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Marco...please re-post and put your new comments outside of the quote box. I don't know what you are trying to say.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

JMWalters

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco - when you hit reply go to the bottom of the page and make sure you start typing after the very end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Marco - when you hit reply go to the bottom of the page and make sure you start typing after the very end.

^this...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

MR. WAlters- How many cups did Neely win?- I do not see your point. 

If you insist on giving all the credit to PC then i ask why? Pc inherited a team with strong emerging youngsters - as i said he did make 2 great trades in getting Horton and DS. His drafting and pls do not take my word for it  read around has been subpar.

Credit Chiarelli for trading away the young stars he drafted instead of the young core he inherited.  Some other GMs would have insisted on making it "his" team with "his picks".  He at least has the guts to trade away players if he doesn't think they will work out as well as what he is getting back.  Given how the team has performed, it seems he's made good decisions at that.

Perhaps what we've got going on is an unexpected side effect of always "drafting the best available player".  You hope you can fix things that are wrong with them, but it may not work.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

We know the story with Kessel, the comment that CJ made to him - "the weight room is that way" and then Kessel laughed at him and said 'yah, right' and went out to the parking lot.

Basically Kessel dissed the coach, I get it.

But I would like to know what exactly went on with Seguin.  What we know - missed team meetings and partying/drinking excessively, 3 days in the same clothes in the series v. Toronto.

And the big question is - what else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Basically i hate this trade , Bad hab, - bruins traded Jt and we got nothing in return, You already know how i feel about Kessel and now Seguin is gone who may become a star.

We can't keep trading these stars and keep getting away with it. I also mentioned that Jeff gorton build a strong nucleus the likes of krejci, lucic, marchand, traded for Rask and kessel.

we need to embrace and nurture this talent not dispose of it.

Marco.....your intent is good. However, as drcc (I am starting to feel like his advocate) points out, the core of the team is, in fact, youngsters cultivated through the system (dk, lucic, bergeron, march, etc).

PC deals what he feels he can't retain or those who he thinks do not fit in the Bruins system and tries to add those ready to help out immediatly or down the line.

And the results have been successful so far.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It is certainly frustrating to see a young player sent packing, especially when you were looking forward to see them develop in your favorite jersey.  All you can do is shrug, root for the players that do stay, and see what comes from the return on the trade.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It's clear we will never agree on Kessel but i am not sure how old you are but i do believe you have been a bruin fan for a long time. having said that, Mtl used to own the Bruins i developed a strong eternal hatred for the habs long long time ago, so at the very least i would think that bruin fans would love kess for at least the reason that he was a Habs killer .

Not to play the bona fidas game but I have been a fan since 1979 personally and my father was a living, breathing "gallery god" since immigrating from Wales in 1965. 

What I do know is that with J. Thornton at the helm the team was an elite regular season team that could not get past the first round in the playoffs. Kessel was a rising star that priced himself out of Boston, in favour of Krejci.

The result: 2 SCF appearances in 2011 and 2013 and Krecji leading the league on playoff scoring 2 of three years.

To me, Pc has made hard choices that have paid off.

Trading Seguin is now up to posterity to decide if it was worthy.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

S far as Seguin, he is a kid who will for all intents and purposes mature. Look at Kane and what he did. I just dn.t think we should throw in the towel with seemingly such ease.

I trust PC, brining in Pev & Kelly for the cup in 2011 was a good move.  He got Horton.

He got good value back for Kessel.  He managed to dump Peverly - even if it meant dumping Seguin.

PC is a smart guy and I can't believe he gave up on Seguin this easily - not without Seguin giving him good reason to do so.

Of course I would have liked to see them get more back in return.  Time will tell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

It is certainly frustrating to see a young player sent packing, especially when you were looking forward to see them develop in your favorite jersey.  All you can do is shrug, root for the players that do stay, and see what comes from the return on the trade.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

Yes.  I'm not 55 years old and I thought I would be watching Seguin until I get to retire (maybe).  I  am still in shock over this.  And I'm disappointed in Tyler.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Of course I would have liked to see them get more back in return.  Time will tell.

This is key my friend.....what happens going forward.

If this is, as Shupe assumes, all about merely signing Rask and a backup, this team definitely has some issues going forward.....no doubt about it.