Thornton: 'People shouldn't overreact, it was a fight, I got dropped'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Thornton: 'People shouldn't overreact, it was a fight, I got dropped'

Thornton has a great attitude ~

http://www.csnne.com/pages/bruinsvideo?PID=uvXM2-DsB_bF0syWVAntM9i_gYx8_F0QefgTuE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Thornton: 'People shouldn't overreact, it was a fight, I got dropped'

Exactly. That's exactly what I thought he would say. He'll go after Scott again. I bet he'll do much better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Good interview. Very candid responses.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Exactly. That's exactly what I thought he would say. He'll go after Scott again. I bet he'll do much better.

Thornton must  not let Scott get a hold of his jersey the way he did last time and get pinned against the boards, should he engage with Scott again. Also a tall guy like Scott, he shouldn't get into a boxing match with (due to Scott's huge reach advantage) ... wrestling might be better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thornton shouldn't hurry back and I don't want to see him try to avenge the loss, Scott is just too tall and all it will be is Thornton hanging trying not to get hurt. That will not stop Shawn becuse he feels he needs to come back sooner to keep his job.

PS. The only time I see Bob Neumeier now is when he does horse racing for NBC. Haven't seen him in a dogs age.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Thornton shouldn't hurry back and I don't want to see him try to avenge the loss, Scott is just too tall and all it will be is Thornton hanging trying not to get hurt. That will not stop Shawn becuse he feels he needs to come back sooner to keep his job.

PS. The only time I see Bob Neumeier now is when he does horse racing for NBC. Haven't seen him in a dogs age.

Sandog, I don't know if you heard, but Neumy has some health issues. He collapsed the day before the 2009 Kentucky Derby and spent some time in a Louisville Hospital.

He isn't doing much of anything except some PR work for Suffolk Downs and some work for WBZ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Thornton can't beat a guy of Scott's stature and reach. I'm worried he'll have a second, more severe concussion if he even tries. Mike Milbury said it best on Felger and Maz today, the B's can't think of fighting Scott; to paraphrase him, they should leave Scott alone and be thankful he's out there eating up minutes that would ordinarily go to a more skilled player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good stuff.  Got to respect this guy.

I don't think anyone needs to fight Scott, but if anyone is going to, it should be Thornton again.

That doesn't mean the Bruins shouldn't hit, pester, or fight every other player on the roster.  Don't let Scott and his 4 minutes on the ice change the way the Bruins play the Sabres.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Shawn Thornton is a very brave man taking on such a GOON as Scott and Shawn is a very good team guy who has nothing to prove to his fans or his team. Like he said he was dropped and the man that he is will do his job when needed, but I hope he is much smarter next time and stays away from that reach.

I don't think the Bruins were intemidated by the Sabres but played a poor defensive  game against them and will beat them in the next game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm much happier having Spooner on the fourth line. (even though he's filling in for Paille)

Thornton is not needed on this team.  There are plenty of tough guys on the Bruins.

---- But NAS, I don't want Lucic fighting goons!  That's bad!

- I fully agree.  Everyone just leaves the goons alone.  When a fight NEEDS to happen, there are enough tough guys to step up.

----- But NAS, Lane MacDermid isn't any better or different.

- I fully agree.  Send him back to the AHL where theatrics are needed to sell tickets.

Let guys like Bourque and Spooner earn their spots on the team.  One takes the third line shift, the other takes the fourth line shift.  Cheap money, good play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm much happier having Spooner on the fourth line. (even though he's filling in for Paille)

Thornton is not needed on this team.  There are plenty of tough guys on the Bruins.

- I fully agree.  Everyone just leaves the goons alone.  When a fight NEEDS to happen, there are enough tough guys to step up.

- I fully agree.  Send him back to the AHL where theatrics are needed to sell tickets.

Let guys like Bourque and Spooner earn their spots on the team.  One takes the third line shift, the other takes the fourth line shift.  Cheap money, good play.

That argument might hold water if Thornton wasn't outpointing Bourque. What does Bourque do well again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

That argument might hold water if Thornton wasn't outpointing Bourque. What does Bourque do well again?

Has a good last name.  That's the only reason he's here.  Not that I'm protecting ST.  There are better options for the 3rd and 4 th lines then we currently have.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

See, I think I would agree with this line of thinking if every single person in the organization didn't disagree.  Every single player, team official, and beat guy rave about how important Thornton is to the team.  How could they all be wrong?  For whatever reason Thornton's teammates seem to feel a lot better with him around.  I trust in Chia's sense for team chemistry or whatever.  

And for the job he has to do, I think he does it well.  If he's smart, he does the same thing against the Sabres as last time -- makes sure that Scott gets him and nobody else, so the rest of the guys can worry about hockey.  And hopefully they play a little harder this time and are grateful that they have skill jobs in this league instead of having to get punched by that ape.

Sorry, but Thornton is the sacrificial lamb here.  The guy has to take the risks of fighting the big guys.  Or he isn't doing his job.  Hope he fares better.  I like him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Has a good last name.  That's the only reason he's here.  Not that I'm protecting ST.  There are better options for the 3rd and 4 th lines then we currently have.  

I'm not sticking up for ST either Shupe but I also wouldn't suggest giving his ice time to Bourque. Neither player brings much in the way of tangible results.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not sticking up for ST either Shupe but I also wouldn't suggest giving his ice time to Bourque. Neither player brings much in the way of tangible results.

Replace both.  

Morrow and Jackman (Calgary).  

See if we can steal robidas while we are in Dallas.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A-Freakin-men!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Robidas.  Good skating, skills, and very physical.

But no way Dallas parts with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LOL! But you're wrong...Know how I know? The Bruins players & management tell you that you are, because he's on the team & you can whine about it all you want NAS. Thornton won't be going anywhere until manangemnet decides to move him under their conditions not YOURS!!! Cheers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What about for mcQ.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Goligoski's getting benched. Can he help on PP? Not sure about his cap hit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What about for mcQ.   

I doubt it.  Robidas is a top pairing D-man there.  They were thin on D already and the let Souray (who stinks ;) ) and Fistric walk.  I think they'd be impossibly thin without Robidas.  He plays a lot of minutes, PP, SH, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Some people here don't like Thornton, oh well seems like players and GM's disagree with them and their logic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

NEVER

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

2 games against Buffalo next week, Thornton will probably play again and get beat down again...

I really don't see the point in him fighting Scott at all. He will obviously lose and it brings absolutely nothing to the hockey game for the Bruins. Hell, I wouldn't even dress him against the Sabres. It's not like they have anyone other than Scott that fights.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

2 games against Buffalo next week, Thornton will probably play again and get beat down again...

I really don't see the point in him fighting Scott at all. He will obviously lose and it brings absolutely nothing to the hockey game for the Bruins. Hell, I wouldn't even dress him against the Sabres. It's not like they have anyone other than Scott that fights.

The only point to playing him would be so Chara and Lucic don't have to worry about fighting him.  If it is a chippy game and the Bruins are getting after the Sabre pests, like Kaleta and Ott, you know Scott will come calling for someone.  I want the Bruins to play tough and be able to fight against the Sabres, because I think the Sabres best players are soft.  But that is why Scott is there, and if he comes after people, it's nice to have Thornton deal with that and serve the 5 minutes instead of anyone else.  If Chara has to sit for 5 minutes or worse, Lucic got knocked out by Scott, we would all be wishing that Thornton was there to take on that task instead.  It's his job.