Thornton: 'People shouldn't overreact, it was a fight, I got dropped'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Re: Thornton: 'People shouldn't overreact, it was a fight, I got dropped'

yeah for a "tough" team, Scottsquatch is their only thrower.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

2 games against Buffalo next week, Thornton will probably play again and get beat down again...

I really don't see the point in him fighting Scott at all. He will obviously lose and it brings absolutely nothing to the hockey game for the Bruins. Hell, I wouldn't even dress him against the Sabres. It's not like they have anyone other than Scott that fights.

I agree with you. I give ST credit but he would get another beat down. Scott is one of the best fighters in the game now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Earth to CJ -- Don't put Thornton in that position again. Don't need another Ground Hog Day. And don't tell Lucic to NOT try to be a hero either. His broken beak vs Orr says it all. Unless they want to bring Laraque back for a buffalo game or two -- let Scott waste valuable ice time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:

Liked this kid before but wow -- "great attitude" is an understatement after seeing that interview. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Thornton can't beat a guy of Scott's stature and reach. I'm worried he'll have a second, more severe concussion if he even tries. Mike Milbury said it best on Felger and Maz today, the B's can't think of fighting Scott; to paraphrase him, they should leave Scott alone and be thankful he's out there eating up minutes that would ordinarily go to a more skilled player.

Yes, he can.  He's had some success against much bigger guys in the past.  He just had a bad night against Scott.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/97925