Thornton play of the year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thornton play of the year?

This one's for NAS.

http://www.tsn.ca/showdown/2012/

Thornton's in today's matchup on TSN's play of the year shpwdown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Thornton play of the year?

Thorton's was much better through my black and gold glasses. I still like his better without them. His was a complete shock. Ennis wasn't really that impressive. That happens frequently. He beat a defeneder and put away the shot. Nothing special on his.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't understand at all.  Comparing a shoot out goal to a goal that happened in game?  It doesn't make sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year?:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand at all.  Comparing a shoot out goal to a goal that happened in game?  It doesn't make sense.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Wasn't a shootout - it was a shorthanded penalty shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just noticed that Ennis was a tying goal and I *think* Shawn's might have been a winning goal.

Whatever.

I voted for Shawn, what the heck, he's a million votes behind anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

They were both tying goals. Thornton's was much more difficult. As I've said, Ennis didn't do anything special. He beat a d-man and scored.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year? : Wasn't a shootout - it was a shorthanded penalty shot.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Say what?  I'm too tired to look it up.  Shorthanded penalty shot?  So Thornton was out on a PK?  This cannot be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year? : Say what?  I'm too tired to look it up.  Shorthanded penalty shot?  So Thornton was out on a PK?  This cannot be.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Trust me - it was a Bruins vs. Jets game. I remember it well (and how does Thornton being on the PK make any less sense than CJ tapping him for the Shootout?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If I remember right, he came out of the box after a penalty and got hauled down en route to the net.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]If I remember right, he came out of the box after a penalty and got hauled down en route to the net.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

.......with Ference still in the box. Thus the shorthanded penalty shot goal.

Technically he was on the PK. The puck got in the way of him making it to the bench to be replaced.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Haha Chowdah, however it happened I knew he had just come out of the box. I forgot Ference was still in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Pouliots was nicer, even if it was accidental lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]They were both tying goals. Thornton's was much more difficult. As I've said, Ennis didn't do anything special. He beat a d-man and scored.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

And Thornton...didn't beat a d-man and scored.

LOL

A Goon up for POY.  Yeah!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year? : .......with Ference still in the box. Thus the shorthanded penalty shot goal. Technically he was on the PK. The puck got in the way of him making it to the bench to be replaced.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Thornton cam out of the penalty box.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year? : And Thornton...didn't beat a d-man and scored. LOL A Goon up for POY.  Yeah!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

But he shattered the perceptions of what an enforcer can do. Maybe next year he skate around and avoid the front of the net like a plague the way lucic did in the playoffs.

He's got those magical hands he better not waste them fighting, thats for sure.
    (insert sarcasm smiley)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Not a big fan of Thornton as a hockey player but I have to admit that was a very sweet goal. Can you imagine the grief the goalie took in the locker room on that??? lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton play of the year? : And Thornton...didn't beat a d-man and scored. LOL A Goon up for POY.  Yeah!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Everyone and their mother has beaten a d-man and scored at one point. It's not that impressive to me.

Someone deking on a penalty shot and capitalizing is much more impressive to me. More pressure and less frequent occurence. All eyes on you and you have the cojones to pull that move and put it away? Definitely more impressive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I remember this clearly.  I flew from Vancouver to watch two Bruins games.  This one and the Canadiens (both wins).  Crowd went nuts when he scored.  After the game I cought the souvenir stick he threw in the crowd for being one of the 3 stars, however I gave it to the kid next to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I remember this clearly.  I flew from Vancouver to watch two Bruins games.  This one and the Canadiens (both wins).  Crowd went nuts when he scored.  After the game I cought the souvenir stick he threw in the crowd for being one of the 3 stars, however I gave it to the kid next to me.
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]
    Classy move Rufus. Cheers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I remember this clearly.  I flew from Vancouver to watch two Bruins games.  This one and the Canadiens (both wins).  Crowd went nuts when he scored.  After the game I cought the souvenir stick he threw in the crowd for being one of the 3 stars, however I gave it to the kid next to me.
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]

Rufu = NOT a deebag. Good on you. I bet the kid was thrilled! That's worth way more than the stick, eh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Rufus, you can be honest, you wish you kept it dont you? LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I would have loved to have that stick in my man cave but A. I knew it would mean a lot more to that kid than me as I can still remember how excited I was when a player gave me a broken stick at a Junior A game when I was his age and B. I didn't want to be "that" guy who steals the ball, stick, puck etc. from the kid next to you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would have kept the stick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

He didn't say who the kid was -- perhaps his son or daughter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It was just some random kid sitting next to me.  If I wanted a stick that bad I could have just purchased one of the player used sticks in the gift shop.

Sections
Shortcuts