Thornton Suspension Upheld

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Thornton Suspension Upheld

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Paille comes back he will be on the fourth with Campbell and. Kelly 

the 3rd line is now : Spooner-YETI-Fraser

Have i said : say good bye to ST the turtle ?  Kiss him goodbye ...he is done as a Bruin 

[/QUOTE]

You want Fraser on the third line over Kelly? or Paille?

Good grief... thank the Lord you aren't the coach or GM.

[/QUOTE]

In less than 2 weeks from now you will say....goog grief how the hell Stanley knew that Fraser was going to be so good ....answer : same way that I knew Reilly Smith was going ti be that good ...it is called : talent for detecting future NHL ers......that is something that you dont have  newjerseyfan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

And just where do you put Eriksson when he returns?

Without giving away my age. think in a couple weeks you will hear as Howard Cosell once said "Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier" (Fraser)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to winexpos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

And just where do you put Eriksson when he returns?

Without giving away my age. think in a couple weeks you will hear as Howard Cosell once said "Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier" (Fraser)

Unfortunately for Fraser ...PC will probably ship him to Providence .....unless (and that is a stroong possibility ) he scores 4-5 goals in his next 6-7 games

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

ST will be sitting upstairs eating hotdogs until then....let him swim !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bettman is such a joke and a hypocrite. John Scott 7 games, Thornton 15 for trying to get to the root of a serious league wide problem that Bettman's policies have created.

Unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

A guy throwing a bad check is similar to a slew foot and knockout.  They should have been the same length.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If Orpik could take a punch like McQuaid,Thornton wouldn't be sitting right now,too bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who here didn't know that the Quasi Commissioner would uphold his handpicked VP of disciplinary office Shanny the original turtle had to say, all I'm going to add is that Thornton should exhaust his procedural options and appeal to an independent arbitrator. As for Betteman and his decision, BOOO! You stink! No suspension for Cooke, No suspension for Orpuke, 5 games for Neal and Mr. Thornton unlike the guy who ended a guys career for doing the same thing you did where the league gave him (Bertuzzi), a five game suspension, we are going to suspend you for 15 games for a fraud faking injury, Orpik i hope your Christmas plain *** sucks, and that Santa s**** on your Christmas stinking coward!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Thornton crossed the line. He's learning from it. My guess is that, if they let him play Friday, he would be more at risk to repeat what he did than if he served this whole suspension, and would possibly deter others from committing similar violations.

And let's face it....McQuaid's in there, and Thornton isn't one of the top 14 most talented forwards for the Bruins. They're fine without him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to winexpos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Spooner is up here because of Kelly being injured and Spooner being a center.  Spooner was not coming up to play 4th line RW minutes when he's more suited for center.

When suspension is done I expect Thornton to take back his 4th line RW spot. 1st round bust, Caron with his 1pt and team worst -7 in 19 games can take a seat in the press box.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thornton crossed the line. He's learning from it. My guess is that, if they let him play Friday, he would be more at risk to repeat what he did than if he served this whole suspension, and would possibly deter others from committing similar violations.

And let's face it....McQuaid's in there, and Thornton isn't one of the top 14 most talented forwards for the Bruins. They're fine without him.

[/QUOTE]

Great post congrats !   I hope this suspension will end ST's carrer ...the BRUINS have a much better team without him...and like you said McQuaid is a much better fighter than ST .....the fans that want ST back in the line up have no clue of how much it would hurt the team if ST comes back ....come on guys het over it the turtle is old and slow its simply over for him let him retire in peace please

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Since his suspension, the team is 6-2.  The didn't play the best opponents, but the points count the same.

I haven't heard any complaints about other teams "taking liberties" with the B's players.  And if a player crosses the line, the boys can handle their own problems. 

Keep him off the ice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] If Orpik could take a punch like McQuaid,Thornton wouldn't be sitting right now,too bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think McQuaid asked Santa for a knuckle sandwich but got one after delivering a nice one himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] If Orpik could take a punch like McQuaid,Thornton wouldn't be sitting right now,too bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think McQuaid asked Santa for a knuckle sandwich but got one after delivering a nice one himself.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Adam threw some good ones and took that one solid on the nose punch, didn't go down, one tough dude, Nystrom is very tough also,like his dad. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ST WILL BE GONE AFTER THIS YEAR BUT HE WILL FINISH THE YEAR  AND PLAY AFTER HIS SUSPENSION

HE WILL BE ScratcheD MORE OFTEN THOUGH.  

[/QUOTE]

Thank God !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Turtle, the Lemon and Pandolfo ...all the same s....t

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bettman is such a joke and a hypocrite. John Scott 7 games, Thornton 15 for trying to get to the root of a serious league wide problem that Bettman's policies have created.

Unbelievable.

[/QUOTE]

A guy throwing a bad check is similar to a slew foot and knockout.  They should have been the same length.

[/QUOTE]

Except it wasn't a slew foot.  A flop/dive by a Penguins player with Thornton approaching Orpik to get him to go, is not a "slew foot" move.

The millisecond Orpik was touched, he flopped. It takes more than what Thornton did with his strength to slew foot someone using that leverage up top like that.  Thornton didn't even keep his foot up against Orpik. Orpik dove/flopped. Clearly.  

Obviously he didn't expect Thornton to lose it like that and be punched after hitting the ice, but that was flop 101 via  Penguins turd.

They're not some innocent franchise here. We know their game as do other teams. The Flyers and Capitals have had issues with them, too.

[/QUOTE]

Hand on shoulder, pulling backwards?  Check

Foot behind feet, moving forwards?  Check

Slew foot?  Yes...unless your name is the Rusty Trombone and you don' t know what the action of slew footing entails.  The whole world agrees that it is a slew foot except you.

The idea that a team makes a player dirty is ridiculous.  They may seek players of a certain style, but a clean guy going to a team doesn't instantly turn into a dirty player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I disagree.

The term slew-foot is an exageration.  It's not in the league vernacular.  Slew-footing is a term players use, not referee's.  It's a trip officially, but it's something players see as being much dirtier.

Nobody playing the game professionally would see Thortons actions that way.  The fact he caught him, negates that.  A slew- foot is an ultra dirty trip by player standards.  I don't think it applies here.

I also don't think there's much doubt Thorntons been made a patsy here.  Unfortunate, but time to move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Orpik is a total jerk.  But Thornton punching a guy who is is down is total WWf. If u like that crap  that is your problem Not the hockey I want to watch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Orpik is a total jerk.  But Thornton punching a guy who is is down is total WWf. If u like that crap  that is your problem Not the hockey I want to watch

[/QUOTE]Then don't watch it. All Ii saw was Orpuke trying too instigate another situation with Bergy, then Thornton came over and touched Orpukes left shoulder in an attempt to move him out of the situation, at about the same time as he touches Orpkes shoulder Thorntons right skate hits Orpukes left skate and down goes Orpuke, while he was falling/ flopping, Thornton grabbed the fakers Jersey and was trying to prevent any hard slam against the ice, between the beginning of the play and Thornton's first gloved punch noone knows what was said between the two players, and it is assumed that something had to be said to get Thornton to throw the second punch. In any case if I were Thornton I would appeal to an independent arbitrator because it is the process that has been provided for each member of the NHLPA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

My apoplogies.  I incorrectly stated above that slew-footing was not an NHL infraction.  It is, rule 52-1.

Think the rest of the post applies though, and my interpretation was pretty much exactly as the league sees it.

I do know that it's a more recent rule, but couldn't find out what year it was written in.

Sorry.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts