Thornton Suspension Upheld

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Thornton Suspension Upheld

Big suprise.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No surprise - now let's wait as the NHLPA tries to test the arbitration process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Eh, oh well. Thornton being out of the line-up doesn't hurt the team at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he remains out of the line-up when his suspension is over either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

By reducing the amount of games Thornton got, would have sent the wrong message.

At the end of the day this is a liability case and issue  maybe not today or tomorrow, but 10 years from now the NHL could have lawsuits up the wazoo. Bettman (whom i actually like) is a smart guy, and is just trying to stay ahead of the curve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stop complaining Thornton's suspension is the best thing that happened to the BRUINS in 2013 ....PC finally discoverd the talent of Spooner and is about to discover Matt Fraser as well .....we now have a much better team and we dont need Thornton at all at all at all ...kiss him good bye let him retire in peace ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just say than you to Shawn for all the past good years , wish him well and say thank You Gary for that suspension, you couldnt pick a better timing , the BRUINS are now practicaly unbeatble ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

You must enjoy derailing threads, with your stupidity ??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

There was not a hope in hell that Bettman was going to reduce the number of games from the 15 handed down.

Just recently. at the board of governors meeting, Bettman praised Shanahan for what a great job he was doing.  Did you really think just weeks after this praise Bettman would go against him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I beg you pardon sir ??? If the turtle woudl have never been suspended Spooner would still be with Providence....you'll see how much this lucky suspension will pay off in the playoffs......best thing that happened to the BRUINS in 2013 no doubt 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the idiot prevents that from happening Jay. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

By reducing the amount of games Thornton got, would have sent the wrong message.

At the end of the day this is a liability case and issue  maybe not today or tomorrow, but 10 years from now the NHL could have lawsuits up the wazoo. Bettman (whom i actually like) is a smart guy, and is just trying to stay ahead of the curve.

[/QUOTE]

I think you have it bang on. This is more about optics and positioning going forward. He has to be in a postion to explain why he upheld this decision, and reducing it could be looked at by a jury as going soft on flagrant volience. I still think the Instigator Rule serves the same purpose. The NHL can say they put it in place as a deterent. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ignore Button for Stanley. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eh, oh well. Thornton being out of the line-up doesn't hurt the team at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he remains out of the line-up when his suspension is over either.

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.  Julien's loyal to the vets so I expect he'll pencil him in when he's set to return.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.  Julien's loyal to the vets so I expect he'll pencil him in when he's set to return.

[/QUOTE]

I would be very surprised if he isn't back in the line-up at the first opportunity. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Turtkes and Bears dont go along very well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Turtles and Bears dont go along very well ....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Turds and Bears do....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I beg you pardon sir ??? If the turtle woudl have never been suspended Spooner would still be with Providence....you'll see how much this lucky suspension will pay off in the playoffs......best thing that happened to the BRUINS in 2013 no doubt 

Spooner is up here because of Kelly being injured and Spooner being a center.  Spooner was not coming up to play 4th line RW minutes when he's more suited for center.

When suspension is done I expect Thornton to take back his 4th line RW spot. 1st round bust, Caron with his 1pt and team worst -7 in 19 games can take a seat in the press box.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to winexpos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spooner is up here because of Kelly being injured and Spooner being a center.  Spooner was not coming up to play 4th line RW minutes when he's more suited for center.

I expect Thortnton to take back his 4th RW spot and 1st round bust Caron with his 1pt and team worst -7 in 19 games can take a seat in the press box.

[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

When suspension is done I expect Thortnton to take back his 4th line RW spot. 1st round bust, Caron with his 1pt and team worst -7 in 19 games can take a seat in the press box.

[/QUOTE]

Stanley, as GM, you'd be expected to know this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When suspension is done I expect Thortnton to take back his 4th line RW spot. 1st round bust, Caron with his 1pt and team worst -7 in 19 games can take a seat in the press box.

[/QUOTE]

Stanley, as GM, you'd be expected to know this.

[/QUOTE]

Paille comes back he will be on the fourth with Campbell and. Kelly 

the 3rd line is now : Spooner-YETI-Fraser

Have i said : say good bye to ST the turtle ?  Kiss him goodbye ...he is done as a Bruin 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

Paille comes back he will be on the fourth with Campbell and. Kelly 

the 3rd line is now : Spooner-YETI-Fraser

Have i said : say good bye to ST the turtle ?  Kiss him goodbye ...he is done as a Bruin 

[/QUOTE]

You want Fraser on the third line over Kelly? or Paille?

Good grief... thank the Lord you aren't the coach or GM.

Sections
Shortcuts