Thornton to Dress

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Thornton to Dress

In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress : All im saying Dez is that by the end of the game Both Sedin Sisters, Mr. Bieksa, Mr. Kesler and Mr. Burrows should be well acquainted with the palm of Mr. Thorntons hand. I know he wont see much ice time but for every whistle he is on the ice for he should skate right over and shove his hand right in the face of VANS best skill player on the ice. I dont want him taking penalties but I think ST is smart enough to play that role without getting an infraction., An eye for an eye. + Then if van tries to fight him over it its a winning trade off no matter who squares up with thorny because I dont think anyone on that team can come even close to tangoing with our tough guy/clown/cheerleader w/e people are calling him on this board
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, I like the way you see him utilizing his "skills" and I hope it does work out that way. If he can frustrate them while not taking a foolish penalty, then I may not notice that Paille's 4 minutes of ice disappears. If he replaces Seguin when we're in need of scoring......well then I won't know what to think. Besides, Seguin has been putting on a pretty good show for the home fans in these playoffs. I could see him having a big game tonight. Thornton, I'm not so sure about. Oh well. Go Bruins! 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]A minority opinion from the West Coast, if I may... The frustration that Bruins fans are showing (which is likely not being manifested in the Bruins locker room) is EXACTLY why players like Lapierre and Burrows are valuable to a team.  They distract opposing players from their primary task (i.e. winning the game), by trying to make them think about revenge, payback, etc., which often leads to penalties, blown assignments, misreads; which often leads to goals by the other team. Think about many successful Cup winners in the past.  They all had that "stinkin' a**hole" that everyone hates, but teammates love.  Claude Lemieux, Esa Tikkanen, et al -- this type of player is one of the "building blocks" of a championship team.  Bieksa's fight with Marleau (don't forget, Marleau dropped the gloves first) sent Ben Eager on a "V for Vendetta" rage which resulted in a key win for the Canucks, and bought Eager a seat in the press box for the balance of the series. It's important for the Bruins to remain focussed on the task at hand.  Game 3 is a must win.  That's it.  Revenge on Lapierre or Burrows plays directly into the Canucks' game plan.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  You do know Marchand plays for the Bruins, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yes if he replaces seguin ill probably look something like this

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress : I know you like to argue but you just took my whole quote out of context. A) this is not our secret weapon B) Then how do van players get away with all the after the whistle stuff? C) Tampa? D) I agree he shouldnt even be in the line up. If you read my last 2 posts in the thread you'd see that. but if he is going to be in he should be raising hell or why the F would you scratch anyone for  him?

ILH,

I normally don't find much wrong with your posts.  You are a consistant-good poster.  Yes, I do like to argue.  I wasnt trying to put words in your mouth.  There is no way we need Thorton in this lineup.  If it turns into a special team game like monday Paille is valuable as is Seguin.  If its 5 on 5 Thorton can't possibly keep up with this pace.  He has no role.  He also takes extremely long shifts for a 4th liner.  He thinks he is better than he is. 
    And just so I am clear, what is Van is getting away with what?  Most of the scrums I would say have been even.  I mean we got another phantom call the other night(puck off glass) and we got away with a pretty good chop on Bieksa.  So I am not 100% sure what we are getting away with.  In the Burrows scrum we got the PP. 

Cheers dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yes if he replaces seguin ill probably look something like this
    Yep, there's no reason to sit a player that's had as good a game as anyone in the playoffs so far. There's no way you should sit that kind of scoring potential. I expect CJ to make the right move when all is said and done. GO BRUINS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This is bugging me wish we knew who was sitting in order for thorton to dress

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Thornton to Dress:
    [QUOTE]Per 98.5 If this is true, I like the move. You need to use all of your assets and in my opinion, the 4th line is better with Thornton. Campbell and Paille play better. And let's be honest. This team lives and dies with it's physical style. It's the base of what they do on offense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I hope its true. Let's see Canuck clowns taunt him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]This is bugging me wish we knew who was sitting in order for thorton to dress
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Won't be announced till game time.  Mind games.  I am sure Van will have a crappy pre-game nap knowing a terrible player might be playing.  I would be thrilled if I were the Sedins "et al"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Shupe we both agree he shouldnt be playing. I like what paille brings and I just dont see the logic in playing thornton if he's not going to be told to cause all hell.

Its not like he's better defensively/offensively or faster than Soupy/Paille. So there must be some reasoning.

Im not saying vancouver is getting away with things that should be penalties, I'd say that its about even in that fact. I just dont think that the skill players on van are recieveing the same onboxious treatment the Boston ones are. Maybe ST could give them some gruff(legally) without them having any answer for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thornton to Dress : I hope its true. Let's see Canuck clowns taunt him!
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

They will taunt him for sure.  And tell him he is a brutal hockey player.  And will hope he reacts.  They are in a win win situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

According to Fluto, Julien said 23 players would hit the ice for warmups, and he'd decide who will play then.  I don't think it is set in stone that Thornton is playing.  Is it possible this is a "Hey Seguin, you're this close to sitting again, give me a reason to keep you in" move?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe we both agree he shouldnt be playing. I like what paille brings and I just dont see the logic in playing thornton if he's not going to be told to cause all hell. Its not like he's better defensively/offensively or faster than Soupy/Paille. So there must be some reasoning. Im not saying vancouver is getting away with things that should be penalties, I'd say that its about even in that fact. I just dont think that the skill players on van are recieveing the same onboxious treatment the Boston ones are. Maybe ST could give them some gruff(legally) without them having any answer for it.

I agree with everything you said.  But dressing thorton is not the answer.  We are a hard nosed team with pests of our own.  Why isnt Marchand challening Burrows and the Sedins on a regular basis?  Why isnt Campy trying to start a fight with a Torres to swing some momentum.  Why hasnt Horton been pounding on Bieksa like he did with Subban and Hedman?  Why hasnt Lucic been in any type of battle with Loungo?
    Once these questions are answered we have a lot better chance of winning.  We have scored 2 goals.  I think they better look at some film of Chicago last year when they handled Van.  Big Buff was a huge difference maker.  Why has Lucic not been in the crease once? 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from horton18. Show horton18's posts

paille has to be in... seguin isnt rdy for this he had that one good period and went back to the bag 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress : I agree with everything you said.  But dressing thorton is not the answer.  We are a hard nosed team with pests of our own.  Why isnt Marchand challening Burrows and the Sedins on a regular basis?  Why isnt Campy trying to start a fight with a Torres to swing some momentum.  Why hasnt Horton been pounding on Bieksa like he did with Subban and Hedman?  Why hasnt Lucic been in any type of battle with Loungo? Once these questions are answered we have a lot better chance of winning.  We have scored 2 goals.  I think they better look at some film of Chicago last year when they handled Van.  Big Buff was a huge difference maker.  Why has Lucic not been in the crease once? 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, maybe they imagine Thorton could be like a bit of a ring leader and get Moshmont to get back to his old instigating antics.

I have no idea what is wrong with Lucic. I did see him try and run a few players last game and the one time he went to the net it was a goal. I dont know he must be hurt or something because the consistency with which he dominated other teams infront of the net all year has just been non existant in the playoffs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

I don't like Thornton in the lineup.  The B's will be dressing 2 guys who have no chance in hell in skating with Vancouver (Thornton and Rex).  The one take away from Games 1 and 2 (for me anyway) was that Vancouver can motor.  Both Seguin and Paille can skate with these guys, and each provide something else (Seguin with his scoring/playmaking ability and Paille on the PK).  

Playing Thornton because some feel we need retribution for Burrows/Lapierre is the worst reason to want to play Thornton.  There won't be any fights, or many opportunities for Thornton to play tough guy.  He won't be able to forecheck with the speed of the D men, so the big hit is taken out of the equation.  

What we need is for Lucic, Horton, Z, Boychuk, etc to step up and play physical.  Put some quality shots on net, and crash Mrs. Luongo.  In the Finals, scroing a goal is far better payback than a punch in the face after the whistle.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress : Campbell has looked lost since Thornton sat.   I do agree they need to play with a controlled sort of anger and aggression because that is who they are.

King, agreed... Great points !

Let's burn down the house tonight - fire and ice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton to Dress : I agree with everything you said.  But dressing thorton is not the answer.  We are a hard nosed team with pests of our own.  Why isnt Marchand challening Burrows and the Sedins on a regular basis?  Why isnt Campy trying to start a fight with a Torres to swing some momentum.  Why hasnt Horton been pounding on Bieksa like he did with Subban and Hedman?  Why hasnt Lucic been in any type of battle with Loungo? Once these questions are answered we have a lot better chance of winning.  We have scored 2 goals.  I think they better look at some film of Chicago last year when they handled Van.  Big Buff was a huge difference maker.  Why has Lucic not been in the crease once? 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe, I said in another thread that I truly think Horton has been playing hurt since game 7. Even though he was able to pot the winner, I haven't seen him able to initiate contact since he returned to that game. There's no way a guy that's been as clutch as him just loses his heart in the Cup finals. Hey, it's the finals and almost everyone is playing hurt. Let's see who's got what left in the tank. 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Someone flat out said here that Lucic has a broken foot.  I am not sure I buy that one. Sounds like an excuse.

I've said it several times. Just like last year's ankle sprain was much worse than a sprain. Just like Thornton had a separated shoulder, it will come out afterwards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

TIn Response to Re: Thornton to Dress:
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]These are all very valid questions , especially the one about someone taking on the Big Buff role. I know its easier said than done but Lucic or Horton should be able to fill that role. Heck put Ryder there, watch some old Hawk-Canuck game video. Luongo has NOT been tested, he is not Bernie Parent of the 74-75 Flyers.Get in his face.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton has to take care of business with F...Face Lapierre ...my vote is Campbell to sit

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

james murphy from espn boston says all indications are now thorton will remain a healthy scratch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]james murphy from espn boston says all indications are now thorton will remain a healthy scratch
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Ya, I would have been shocked to see him play.