Thornton to the Press Box?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Thornton to the Press Box?

Exactly. I agree 100%. That is why he needs to be in there.

In Response to Re: Thornton to the Press Box?:
    [QUOTE]But, if Thornton is in the press box, who is going to bounce up and down on the bench, make mean faces, and yell at the other team? That's how they won the Cup last year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The sound reasoning to sit Thornton is simply that Caron can work the penalty kill...that alone makes him more valuable

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Thornton to the Press Box?:
    [QUOTE]But, if Thornton is in the press box, who is going to bounce up and down on the bench, make mean faces, and yell at the other team? That's how they won the Cup last year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Hey , whatever it takes to win . If you feel that's what his contributions were ( it wasn't ) then I'll take that performance every time as long as the outcome turns out the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Caron definitely has better skills than Thorny. However, emotion plays a big part in the playoffs. I've advocated replacing Thorny for two years, but Claude, and the team loves him, as does Chiarelli who signed him to the biggest P.R. contract around, because he sells seats. Claude does have the advasntage of knowing that Caron can fill in on any line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Thorton has the experience and he is a veteran. He will play. Caron will be for injury purposes or if someone is just playing awful.

My main concern of this team is Corvo. He just needs to play smart and not force any plays. Nothing is more frustrating than the defense trying to make those long hail mary passes.... Its not needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It's a nice position to be in going into the playoffs...It sure beats Trent Whitfield playing as an option....Let's get these games going..I'm getting jumpy just like Thorton on the bench !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Shawn is important to the lockeroom, and important enough to play even at the expense of another 4th line winger. His influence is far greater than some here realize. It's not about the fighting as much as its about veteran presence and intimidation, which he adds. With that said, I am a big fan of both Caron and Paille, and like someone said, it's like a luxury to pick and choose who is the healthy scratch. In the old days, it was like there was no one to turn to if someone was playing poorly, or if someone was hurt. Now the B's have some depth. It's nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thornton likely stays in the lineup in the post-season until the time comes where the team needs a shakeup or he is proven to be a liability.