Thornton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Thornton?

In Response to Re: Thornton?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Actually it was when Marchand was on that line that it was effective. Once they moved Brad to Bergy's line it stopped producing.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

100 % correct! Marchand, Campbell , Thornton were excellent together !

But we need Marchand up on the 2nd line getting more ice time !  Wahtever happens I trust Julien will make the right moves to give the Bruins the best chance to win it all !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : 100 % correct! Marchand, Campbell , Thornton were excellent together ! But we need Marchand up on the 2nd line getting more ice time !  Wahtever happens I trust Julien will make the right moves to give the Bruins the best chance to win it all !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Actually it was when Marchand was on that line that it was effective. Once they moved Brad to Bergy's line it stopped producing.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

You must have missed the other 47 games in the season.. too bad.. 4th line was outstanding all season for the B's, even when Marchand was moved to second line... I personally think Thorton should be playing in this series , one that  from Game 1 looks like it is going to be physical series and Thorton is a big guy, who is responsible enough and can hit and wear down their D on the forecheck.. We will see..but right now I am not happy with the lack of energy the 4th line is providing for the B's...especially on the road where you need to establish the physical part of the game early in the game..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : I think it must be pointed out since Thorton has been placed on the pine the 4th line has not delivered any energy and forechecking effectiveness that they are supposed to provide to this team.  Actually they haven't provided much at all since the Hab series..  Right now 4th line is contributing squat..not in goals , although once in a while it would help...but just an energy level that this team needs to get other lines going.. I would not have a problem sitting Paille..we have enough PK experts on the team.. Just look at the stats of the 4th line in the regular season when Thorton was on the line, it was a very effective unit..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Review Game 1 vs. Vancouver. Paille played 2:09 of even strength time.  The fourth line seemed ineffective because it didn't exist!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Review Game 1 vs. Vancouver. Paille played 2:09 of even strength time.  The fourth line seemed ineffective because it didn't exist!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

My point to add to this is that Paille has a role.  Thorton doesnt kill penalties or play PP(even though he thinks he probably should).  Paille has done an excellent job on the PK. 
    Van doesnt use its 4th line often.  Now with Manny going there they get anothe boost.  Leave Thorton to pre-game chats and eating hotdogs