Thoughts from Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Re: Thoughts from Montreal

In Response to Re: Thoughts from Montreal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts from Montreal : I didn't mean to be arrogant.  I didn't say "you lowly Bruins fans did nothing after the Savard hit..."  I said what you did didn't make a difference.  It's a fact, not an accusation.  I didn't say "we super Montreal fans will make a difference", I asked you to let us try.  And I don't think players sign for unnecessary concussions... come on, man... seriously...
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]
    let them settle it out on the ice. HHHMMMM.I WONDER WHAT MONTREAL FANS WOULD BE SAYING IF lARRY ROBINSON WAS STILL AROUND AND WENT AFTER CHARA FOR THE HIT. BET YOU ALL WOULD BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What Rask problem? He was 4-0, 1.75 GA the 4 games before Montreal. He went to Montreal and gave up 2 less goals than his superstar counterpart did at home against the same team. He wasnt great. He wasnt terrible. He was part of an entire roster who didnt play well.  If he got a shutout, he would have won 1-0. So, outside of overreacting to the last game... what Rask problem?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

you're watching the game tonight against Sabres ?  Let me ask you this , has Thomas kept them in it thus far in the 1st ? and part of a roster that is not playing well defensively .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

Posted this in another post... posting it again as a "see you later guys" :

Ok... anyways... there must be some kind of cultural misunderstanding to all this disagreement between us French Canadiens and the rest of North America ! ... I'm pretty sure you'd miss us if we weren't around being different... I know I would find it a little boring if I couldn't get into arguments with my english neighbours every once in a while...

And those of you who say it would be different if the Chara-Pacio incident went the other way around, you're more than likely perfectly right.  But I sure as hell wouldn't blame you for trying to do something about it.  I wouldn't like you.  I would just hope you did something about it.  It as something to do with the idea of a "greater good" or something... but hey... I don't expect any agreement between habs and bruins fans... And that's great, it's called rivalry right ?  Never had better times enjoying hating a rival team since the Nordiques left Quebec !

Still, I wish you luck for your Stanley Cup run.  And let's hope for a Montreal-Boston conference final... that would really be something !  I can't help but love the rivalry.

Thank you for your "moderate" replies.  Could have been worst !

Later !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

To all montreal fans.  I agree 100% the NHL should have stepped up.  I'll even say the the NHL should have suspended Chara for the hit.  What Im freaking out about is people in Canada calling for Charas arrest.  You'd think the guy shot someone not checked someone in a hockey game.  Im pissed about an airline saying there pulling out if the NHL doesnt handle Chara.  This is outrageous.  I hate jets fans but if Vince Wilfork has a late hit on Mark Sanchez no one in NY calls the NYPD for Wilforks arrest.  GROW A BRAIN CANADA!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Wedgy, (why on earth would someone choose that as a nickname, I'll never know?!) but anyway, the problem is if Montreal fans are SO upset with the NHL's ruling, why don't they contact the NHL and lodge a complaint?  I couldn't imagine the Boston media encouraging their listeners/viewers to flood the phone lines with 911 emergency calls, which I think, is extremely irresponsilbe.  If I was the mayor of Montreal, I would be furious that Hab fans were wasting the city's resources with these frivolous emergency phone calls.  What a waste of tax payers dollars! 

Besides, IMO, I think the pols/police are just window dressing to appease the hyper-sensitive Hab fans - nothing will come of it.  If the Montreal fans want to show some backbone, fight with the governing body, the jurisdiction of your team first, which is the NHL, something the fans have obviously forgotten.

Also, could you imagine Bruins fans calling 911 when the NHL ruled a no penalty to the Matt Cooke hit on Savard?  Don't you see how silly that is??  We have laws in this state for frivolous 911 calls for a reason....

Bottom line - if you want to reduce these types of injuries, which I'm on board with, take a more constructive approach for change by starting with yourselves.  Perhaps set an example by removing the turnbuckle in your venue and lobby the NHL to make that madatory throughout the league.

From Wedgy:  "If you polled 700 NHL players, 680 would say he knows exactly what he's doing and knows the turnbuckle is there."

Well so did Pacioretty know where the turnbuckle was.  This rookie has got to pick his moments to try to shine more wisely.  Not a very smart move challenging a world-class veteran, Olympian, Norse trophy winner, and All-star player such as Chara.  Smarten up kid...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts from Montreal : With all due respect, outcries usually start when things happen in your own backyard.  I think it's pretty normal. I mean, war on terrorism wasn't started for events that took place in China.  And yes, I think it should change now.  Why would you want to wait ?  What do you suggest ?  Should ppl from Florida take care of that matter ?  Should Montreal have done something about the Cooke-Savard incident ?  Maybe we should have... But my bet on that is that things will change when a bunch of emotionnal ppl do something.  That's usually how things are brought to change, and history was built on personnal emotional blocks... not cold headed thinking intellectuals. 
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE

When we took our fight to the war on terrorism, it was your province and france who stuck their nose up at us and called it unfounded.  So take your real life examples elsewhere, that is exactly the reason for these type of responses from us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

And by the way, the Max hit on NYI and the Lappierre a few years back were far dirtier hits.  So start the 911 calls and court cases with those two before they go cold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

When we took our fight to the war on terrorism, it was your province and france who stuck their nose up at us and called it unfounded.  So take your real life examples elsewhere, that is exactly the reason for these type of responses from us.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wedge dufus I think the horse you rode in on has set a record. Its the highest f**king horse of all time.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

prob2236 and steveM. are you calling out all Canadians with your post?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

No just retarded ones

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianW1009. Show BrianW1009's posts

Wedgy,  I understand what you are trying to say, however...
    How can you legislate or penalize a player for finishing a check where he is on the ice?  Should you paint that area differant?   Should a player who comes close to checking a player in that area hold back?  This is all getting silly.  I can understand this 22 y/o player being disgusted, not knowing if his career is over.  However, the more celebral people who look back and LOOK at the film, realize there was no intent to injure him, he didn't line him up, the player tried to get inside Chara against the boards.

A bigger thing going forward is the dangerous talk that politicians and others should know better no to do, and thereby fire up some idiotic fans (we have them too).  I wouldn't be surprised of things being thrown on the ice if we meet in the playoffs in Montreal.  Put this hit in prespective. Again you can't make rule changes and say this is an off limits checking area.  Maybe just remove the glass divider there or pull it back.

thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

I did not see the hit until just now. I had been listening to this all day on talk radio. I thought I was going to see some outrageous and flagrant hit. You got to be kidding me? Chara throws the guy an elbow while they are both skating forward and looking down ice at the puck.

Canadian fans were calling 911 over that hit?

Now I'm sure the world is coming to an end in 2012. The human race has gone batty!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]prob2236 and steveM. are you calling out all Canadians with your post?
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]
    Take another look at my post. Montrealers are clearly called out:

"Who gives two hoots about the Government in the great white north. All of you Moron-trealers can go the hell in handbasket. Beat it. "

I am sure my friends in Toronto feel the same. They should all be sent to Europe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]prob2236 and steveM. are you calling out all Canadians with your post?
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

To everyone here...please don't confuse that jackarse steveM with me.
    Thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts from Montreal : To everyone here...please don't confuse that jackarse steveM with me. Thanks
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    To everyone here...please do not confuse me with that pantywaiste stevegm with me. Thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I can't help but think that this is such a big deal because of who laid the hit & what team he plays for!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Wedgy wrote: "Ok... anyways... there must be some kind of cultural misunderstanding to all this disagreement between us French Canadiens and the rest of North America ! ... I'm pretty sure you'd miss us if we weren't around being different... I know I would find it a little boring if I couldn't get into arguments with my english neighbours every once in a while..."

First of all Wedgy, we are not your 'English' neighbors.  We are your USA neighbors (see, no 'u' in neighbors - we fought hard for our independence unlike some other regions in N. America!).  There is no cultural misunderstanding; I just think it's a lack of interest in your culture by the majority of Americans who are not hockey fans.  With all do respect, most Americans don't even know what the capital of Canada is, meaning that, for better or worse, Canada is a non-factor to most Americans.  (The BBC once did a documentary showing how Americans knew so little about their neighbors up north with not knowing what the capital of Canada was as a running theme)

I think Americans do more for you, than you do for us.

Having travelled through France many tmes, I truley don't understand the French-Canadian language - are you guys speaking French??  lol 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]And if you want to talk about dirty dangerous plays, here's 2 of your very own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsD3deR6TU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQTLSRBXQ Didn't hear an outcry then. 
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for those links ...I will ^post them on RDS ...ty so much

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

French Canadiens living in Massachusetts are probably unhappy. Things could get rough at Hampton Beach this summer. Get in line and go to the Cape. "Bon Vieve" or whatever the hell it is. Bring your speedo's (gross).
    Montreal PD to me: "Let me smell your face."
    Me to MPD: "No prob Bud. But don't touch me."
    Went on my way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

In Response to Thoughts from Montreal:
    [QUOTE]If it took an incident in Montreal to create enough turmoil to change the NHL in a better way... than give Montreal a chance to make a difference.
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]

There's more to hockey than the habs. We didn't spend this much time on the Bergy or Savvy hits, which were actually dirty. Get over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

Times are changing.  Ppl are beginning to be ticked off by the blood shed in our arenas.  Mentality changes will not take place all over the world at the same time, obviously...  We just got sick of it before you did.  You'll probably end up following, but being a little more blood thursty, it will probably take a serious death of an 18 years old rookie with a chopped off head rolling down the ice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here is the problem Wedgey-D:  many people (and yes - this even includes some Canadiens fans) recognize this as a hockey play gone bad.  We don't feel a need to make a change because nothing wrong (in terms of hockey play) actually happened.  Most of us don't want to see people badly injured either, but trying to conduct a witch hunt on Chara because he managed to hurt someone due to a badly-timed decision and an idiotic arena structure is displacement.  People like you have created a phantom menace to hunt, because one of your own got hurt.  I can understand being upset, but the response is still unwarranted.