Thought's on Alexei Kovalev

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I realize the guy only plays when he wants too but if the Bs could land a motivated Kovalev for the rest of the season it could really give them a highend player who could light it up if he is motivated with Krejci. The guy has enormous talent & is a UFA at the end of the year. He will be moved by Ottawa possibly to Pittsburgh.

I am torn on him. As much as he could light it up he could also dissapear. He could really give the Bs PP a different look as a shooter. I think a PMD is the most important piece to add but if it cost to much Kovalev could be an option.

Certainly a high risk, high reward player but one who could very well be the most talented available. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Thought's on Alexei Kovalev

Absolutely not! PP time... I'd give it to a hard working, hard nosed Marchand 100 times out of 100 before giving it to Kovalev.

Predictable & heartless.... No thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Such a talented player. If only he had a heart and wasn't lazy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Talented?  No question.  Desire?  Big question. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I agree with you guys on the work ethic & that scares me too. But being a UFA he could very well go on a tear after getting out of Ottawa.

Not sure if I would take a chance either but just looking for discussion as I am sure his name may come up by February 28th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I don't even think he cares anymore! Normally, when a player is in the last year of contract, he'll play his butt off in order to make sure he gets an offer in the off-season. He's even too lazy to take that hypocritical approach!!!

Why would anyone think he'll wake up now?!?!?!

All you have to do is take a step back and ask yourself, will Kovalev bring us a cup? I don't think you need to ponder too long...!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Thought's on Alexei Kovalev:
    [QUOTE]I agree with you guys on the work ethic & that scares me too. But being a UFA he could very well go on a tear after getting out of Ottawa. Not sure if I would take a chance either but just looking for discussion as I am sure his name may come up by February 28th.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Newfiebullet - Agreed.  I doubt anybody would be surprised if some contending club, looking to load up for the playoffs, took a chance on him.  I think I read somewhere that former teammate Mario Lemieux said Kovalev was the most skilled player he ever saw. 

Pretty high praise coming from him.  To get his rep and having played for the Pens, NYR, Habs and Ottawa (Did I miss any teams?), I'm inclined to believe where there's smoke, there's fire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

On skill alone he would be at the top of a short list.  On heart he would be at the top of the no-heart list.
    I don't see him fitting in with this core. 

A guy like Andrew Brunette would be a much better fit.  High skill PP guy that wont rock boat. 

There are better options.  Let Kovalev go to some other contender.  I could actually see him going to Calgary.  Maybe the Sens would take a garbage contract back. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Kovalev's heart is in Montreal.  No darn way I want that crap on the Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

No thanks, not exactly your prototypical lunch bucket Bruin, is he?

Kovie's the only guy that can finish a 60 minute game, and not be late for his reservation at Beckta 'cause he doesn't need to hit showers....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Thought's on Alexei Kovalev:
    [QUOTE]I realize the guy only plays when he wants too but if the Bs could land a motivated Kovalev for the rest of the season it could really give them a highend player who could light it up if he is motivated with Krejci. The guy has enormous talent & is a UFA at the end of the year. He will be moved by Ottawa possibly to Pittsburgh. I am torn on him. As much as he could light it up he could also dissapear. He could really give the Bs PP a different look as a shooter. I think a PMD is the most important piece to add but if it cost to much Kovalev could be an option. Certainly a high risk, high reward player but one who could very well be the most talented available. Any thoughts?

I'd have to reserve judgement till I heard the price.  This is exactly the kind of deal though, that could pay dividends, plus, could potentially allow for another upgrade.  It could also flop, but there isn't a huge downside.  Nobody's going to give up much for this guy, and he's probably on the move to a contender, and he could be dangerous.  Having said that, I haven't checked his cap hit yet, and I wasn't aware he comes off the books in April.  If his cap hit is high, then I probably would pass.
    If you consider the Satan experiment, it worked out quite well for the money, and Kovy is the same kind of player, only much better.  The b's have as many prospects as anyone,  if they choose to make this happen.  Potential upgrades are looking scarce, so it's worth a look. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Steve,

he is making 5 million annually. And is off the books at the end of the year.  Again, skill wise he is amazing and could give the PP a shot in the arm b/c no one hangs onto the puck like he does.  May have the best wrist shot ever.

BUT- he is heartless and to me that is a big downfall.  I also think that thsi would be a big press/media move.  I think the smaller safer moves like Brunette would be more ideal, would cost less and won't complicate the cap if we land a top 4 dman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thought's on Alexei Kovalev : I'd have to reserve judgement till I heard the price.  This is exactly the kind of deal though, that could pay dividends, plus, could potentially allow for another upgrade.  It could also flop, but there isn't a huge downside.  Nobody's going to give up much for this guy, and he's probably on the move to a contender, and he could be dangerous.  Having said that, I haven't checked his cap hit yet, and I wasn't aware he comes off the books in April.  If his cap hit is high, then I probably would pass. If you consider the Satan experiment, it worked out quite well for the money, and Kovy is the same kind of player, only much better.  The b's have as many prospects as anyone,  if they choose to make this happen.  Potential upgrades are looking scarce, so it's worth a look. 
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    His cap hit is 5 mill and he's a UFA. That 5 mill would be pro-rated, so the full 5 mill wont count against the cap. It would be abut 2-2.5 mill. Afforrdable, especially with Savard done.

Im kinda with Newfie here. While I think he has a poor work ethic, going to a contender could light up a spark. In terms of talent, he would be the most talented forward on the bruins. Getting him to raise his work ethic is the X-factor in all of this.

If it faails, hes a UFA. I think its a high reward/low risk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]On skill alone he would be at the top of a short list.  On heart he would be at the top of the no-heart list. I don't see him fitting in with this core.  A guy like Andrew Brunette would be a much better fit.  High skill PP guy that wont rock boat.  There are better options.  Let Kovalev go to some other contender.  I could actually see him going to Calgary.  Maybe the Sens would take a garbage contract back. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Don't think the Sens would be interested in taking a garbage contract back, they'll want prospects.  Would be very surprised if he ends up in Calgary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

On trade deadline if PC has nothing in the works, getting Kovalev could workout nicely like it was picking up Satan. 

CJ pressed the right buttons for Kovalev to play well when they were both back in Montreal. It could be as easy for cj to flip a switch and get Kovalev motivated again. We are also in a playoffs hunt

Kovalev could take , Mark Stuart or Bartowski plus a 3rd round pick. If he still stinks with us, he can just be waived. Kovalev will be a risk for anyone  acquiring him

Our pp no doubt will be better just by having his presence on the ice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yuck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Has played his best games against the B's in his career, loads of talent never had desire to use it.

His 5M would offset our cap with a 1M player demoted and Sav's 4M, Ott would glady give his pay up for a pick and Hamill or just the pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I realize the guy only plays when he wants too but if the Bs could land a motivated Kovalev for the rest of the season it could really give them a highend player who could light it up if he is motivated with Krejci. The guy has enormous talent & is a UFA at the end of the year. He will be moved by Ottawa possibly to Pittsburgh. I am torn on him. As much as he could light it up he could also dissapear. He could really give the Bs PP a different look as a shooter. I think a PMD is the most important piece to add but if it cost to much Kovalev could be an option. Certainly a high risk, high reward player but one who could very well be the most talented available. Any thoughts?

if the Bs could land a motivated Kovalev

a motivated Kovalev  ?????

"motivated"

and

Kovalev

those 2 words together ???

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll take him..Especially if he comes in a package with Neil and Campoli/Gonchar.
    This could happen, their is going to be alot more buyers then sellers and theB's will be active.
    1. Neil would be a great Bruin, especially in the playoffs.Instant fan favorite and I could picture him netting a huge playoff goal..

As for Kovalev, he comes as advertised. But hey, we dealt with Manny and won 2 WS..I just think come playoff time no matter what your opinion is of him, he is a game changer..Power plays become so important come that time and just him on the ice is a huge lift....

My instincts tell me he's either Detroit or Pittsburgh bound.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If there was some way of getting him to sign a motivation contract where if he works? He gets paid! If he doesn't; he gets paid his worth! Since that kind of deal isn't possible. I say NO WAY! I'd rather take a chance on 1 of the kids getting a call up & play like a DK did in 08'!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

There is no denying Kovalev's talents, he is a supremely gifted stick handler , and has a great wrister, whenever he played Boston, I always feared him, however he has been tagged as an enigma his whole career. Would he be motivated if he came to play on a good team like Boston....I don't know...I would hope so. The more I think about it, the more it intrigues me. Kovalev, when on, does put fear in the opposition. Think about this....is he better than Miro Satan...absolutely. Look how he worked out for us, especially in the playoffs. If we don't have to give up too much for Kovalev...I say why not take a flyer on him? You know there will be teams inquiring about him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If we are going to get Kovalev the one thing I am concerned about:

(1)If the Bruins faces the habs in the play-offs will Ryder and Kovy be on the same line and want to get revenge against their former team. Kovy Seguin Ryder 3 rd line

(2) Will he want to play with CJ again or will take a free ride for season i don't trust Kovalev

(3) He is good skillful player the heart playing in Boston will not be rejuvenated.

(4) Kovy could end up going to the Habs or Pitts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Oh Phukk No!
    I'd rather have Kessel back, at least he doesn't hurt himself every two months.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

MAKE ME WANT TO PU KE!