Thoughts on Burnside piece of trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Thoughts on Burnside piece of trade?

Hey guys,

anyone check out Burnside's analysis of the Kaberle trade?
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/4755/tomas-kaberle-wont-lead-bruins-to-cup-glory

I think it was very critical of the deal. I havent seen him that critical in a while. I think it suggests his utter bias for the maple leafs. I think it showed anger about Kaberle not able to provide that team with success...very unfair on Burnsides part.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Thoughts on Burnside piece of trade?

That was even more cynical than my comments have been.  He's right in that Kaberle needs to pay dividends, and I think he will on the PP alone.

That alone makes the gamble worth it from a Bruins perspective.

His premise is flawed, too.  You can't compare the talent Kaberle had in Toronto to what Boston has.  So, the PP here will go from 19, to somewhere in around the top 10.

Boston should have one of the best goalies, PK and PP units in the east, if no the league when it's all said and done.  Can't complain with that.

If the PP does not improve, then yeah, it's a problem.  I am thinking that is unlikely.

I look at Kaberle's numbers when Toronto had talent.  That's also where you see his better +/-, so it's all relative.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Thoughts on Burnside piece of trade?

that burnside is hilarious. leafs in the hunt for a playoff spot is funny. also blaming kaberle for the pp failures was great. leafs pp last year, kaberle, kessel and 4th line players on most teams. espn should stick to the other 3 sports.

Sections
Shortcuts