Thoughts on Hamilton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thoughts on Hamilton?

Anyone else think he seems physically stronger and more imposing since his benching?  He's not (usually) running around looking for big hits or anything, but he's playing a bit of a mini-Chara game for the last couple of months.  Maybe it's just playing the last 7 against teams not known for size and physicality, but between him and Taylor Swifguin, I think they kept the right one.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re: Thoughts on Hamilton?

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Anyone else think he seems physically stronger and more imposing since his benching?  He's not (usually) running around looking for big hits or anything, but he's playing a bit of a mini-Chara game for the last couple of months.  Maybe it's just playing the last 7 against teams not known for size and physicality, but between him and Taylor Swifguin, I think they kept the right one.

Being paired with CHARA is quite an education.  He is beginning to routinely show his offensive skills as well. He intentionally placed that shot "back across the grain" to fool PRICE.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He's playing very well and it's hard to believe that's he's still only 20 years old. I'm starting to notice more of him and less of Z during their shifts. The B's have not rushed his development which is key. He should be anchoring our blueline for a long time. Thanks, Phil (had to say that)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He made some outstanding passes yesterday and that goal he scored was great from where he shot it. He's really been one of the best players on the ice since the playoffs began.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Over the past few months, he's really turned a corner.  He's gone from "I hope he is as good as he is big" to "oh crap who's back...oh good it's Hamilton."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

A bit of the prognosticator's projections coming true perhaps? Word when he was drafted was: "Future all-star and 1st pairing D-man". Up until this point I really haven't seen that growth. I have whiffed it/ seen it in the past few weeks though. Let's hope he continues to grow into a "mini-Chara" (i like that).

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's the PMD that we haven't been asking for around here lately.

...Taylor Swiffguin, that's a classic Book!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

let's hope in Dougie that the B'S have found a top pick that they deem worthy of keeping for the long haul....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He has the smarts, he has the work ethic, he has the size and from what I've seen of him, he will be reaching his full potential in another couple of years so we have a lot to look forward to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thoughts on Hamilton ? 

Hmm let's see.........the offensive side of him has always been there. How many 6'5'' defensemen who skate ,shoot, pass and handle the puck like him are there in the league. Fun to watch.

The defensive side ? 

Obviously improvement with credits going out to the Bruins coaching staff. It also doesn't hurt to watch and learn from defenseman like the Bruins have.

And now for the dirty thoughts both courtesy of regular bdc members that get a big pfffft from me ......................a recent comment made saying that Hamilton plays soft. He is not a beast but also takes a hit to make a play and dishes out as well. I have no problem with his measure of physicality. Stupid comment.

And I'm always reminded of the thought that it's not a good idea to draft defensemen in the 1st round of the draft every time I see him stick out like a sore thumb.............as a 1st round draft choice type of player. Stupid comment considering how good of a player he has become.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has the smarts, he has the work ethic, he has the size and from what I've seen of him, he will be reaching his full potential in another couple of years so we have a lot to look forward to.

[/QUOTE]

And from the statistical side (tm) he is ....................................trending upward. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pierre McGuire called him a young Larry Robinson. That may be going a little too far (like Pierre is apt to do from time to time) but there is no question Hamilton has incredible skill and can read the play at a high level. He just has to work more on his D zone coverage and positioning....