Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?:
    In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : You are 100% dead right and believe it or not I'm on the exact same page. #4 and #77 I can assure you were probably not criticized by their goalies - ever. Yes, I believe they would feel responsbile for every goal out there (I only assume blame if it was my guy or my fault), but I would say the reason why the goal happened might be different than what the goalie thought the reason was. don't forget the goalie's perspective on the ice is always that end zone view.  What they think is happening in front of them might not be the case, they just simply don't have the angle to see what happened. Also, after the goal happens, hindsight is always 20/20.  No matter what the goal, if the goalie cut down the angle more, stayed back in the crease, showed more stick side or glove side, defenseman covering one player or another  or playing pass or shot,  like I said hindsight is always 20/20. Goalies tend to be more emotional for whatever reason. I'll put it another way, no one would hold it against a goalie for being emotional after a goal, and in the heat of action I don't think anyone would be surprised by a goalie 'throwing someone under the bus.' Find me a quote from Rask in the papers today where he pins Seidenberg for that goal.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I can't, and you're right--hindsight is indeed 20/20. I likely miinterpreted your post and apologize if so. All I wanted to make clear was that I don't blame Rask one bit for that stick-smashing display after that 3rd goal in Nashville. In his mind he may have just been expressing frustration in general--not nec. at his defensemen.

But I will say this: 1) TT has had emotional outbursts like that b4 as well following goals and 2) the goalies--TT especially--have put the Bruins in position where they can even make the playoffs this year--more than ANYONE else on that team. They've been riding these 2 guys all freaking year and now that they're not being Supermen the rest of the team has a responsibility to step up and win some games FOR THEM.

Right now this team is an utter embarrassment...almost impossible to watch w/out getting heartburn...passionless, klutzy, stupid, slow and ugly. It's not the goalies' fault, and I don't mind one bit if they call the rest of the team out on the ice, in the press, or otherwise.

Those who disagree say "it's never proper to call out teammates" b/c of some unwritten "hockey code" and that's where I part company. If the guys getting called out don't respond by playing better--they're the ones who are being unprofessional and should take up another sport.

No one would argue that TT hasn't been the team's MVP this year. Rask has had a few stinker but has also played brilliantly and I can think of at least 4 games where HE was thrown under the bus by the cr*ppy play in front of him and the B's lost games where they should have won.

What's worse: throwing your teammates under the bus by what you do on the ice, or by what you say in the press or by throwing your stick after a goal? I'd argue the former instead of the latter.

(But it does appear we are on the same page.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : I'll put it another way, no one would hold it against a goalie for being emotional after a goal, and in the heat of action I don't think anyone would be surprised by a goalie 'throwing someone under the bus.' Find me a quote from Rask in the papers today where he pins Seidenberg for that goal.
    Posted by BadHabitude

This isn't an actual quote from Rask, but this was reported by csnne.com's Joe Haggerty from this morning's practice.  Guess all is well again:

'Several Bruins confirmed that Rask did indeed go berserk and yell at Dennis Seidenberg after he surrendered Toronto’s fifth goal in the second period, but apologized shortly afterward to completely defuse a touchy situation.'

http://www.csnne.com/03/20/11/Julien-Too-much-of-comfort-level-with-Bs/landing_bruins.html?blockID=444803&feedID=3352

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Rask has been very supportive of his teamates all year and quite frankly has put the blame on himself on all his losses, and even some wins.  But the defence has been very bad, from Chara skating off for a line change when the play was in our end, to multiple rebounds on saves by both Thomas & Rask, where the defence doesn't clear out the puck.  I think this team hs missed Marc Stewart as well, he was one tough S.O.B.  Just like most sports in which the team is underperforming for a season, you can't fire the whole team, they already made many changes, so the coach has to go.  It wouldn't be the first time this coach got canned going into the playoffs (N.J.) and they went on to win the cup.
    Posted by BrianW1009

good job at making up facts.  nj lost in the 2nd round in 5 games that year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Does Rask have the right to be upset?  Yes
    Should Rask held his emotions in check? Yes

Seidenberg did a very poor job of screening his own goalie and helping to let the 5th goal in. But Tuuka has to understand not to behave the way he did on the ice. If i were Seidenberg i would slap Rask upside the head a few times after the game for not only acting immature but snapping at his teammate who is 6 years older. 

You can't be grateful for Seidenberg for blocking a million shots a year and preventing goals and go bezerk when he caused one bad goal in. 

CJ needs to police these kind of behaviours also when it happens. Too bad the guy is really an assistant coach and has no authority to do that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

As a goalie I know you can shrug & say "Dam I didn't see it all! Too many bodies!" I never pointed right at a teammate the way Rask did! If I had a teammate pull a flamingo on me? I waited till we got into the dressing room & I'd say "Hey Buddy I know getting the puck in the foot hurts a lot. If you want to block the shot, I have no problem with that, but when you lift your foot like that. It makes it that more difficult to pick it up." Then I'd make a joke about him being a pansy or something to show I wasn't upset anymore. NEVER did I react the way Rask did! And yes Seids game has disappeared & YES NAS since you told me to watch McQuaid more. He's been a turnover machine. No question!
    Posted by nitemare-38

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

Never saw that before, that's a first.....not professional of Rask so I agree with nightmare-38. No matter how upset you are, you wait until yr in the locker room and mention it....you never ever show up yr team mate in public.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I could give a hoot about Rask's reaction.  They are grown men-- they will get over it. 

What I do care about though is TT lack of quality play lately.  He is looking more like the TT of last year.  Too many soft goals for my liking.  The secret to beating TT is just throwing the puck at the net consistently.  Sooner or later he will be out of position from all the flopping around and some one will get an easy tap in.

Sections
Shortcuts