Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?:
    Rask showed more spark in him tonight than the Busted Ruins have shown in 7 games. Give it a rest, folks.  At least someone on this squad has a freaking PULSE.   Cause i just when i thought this team was 100% DOA, there was someone to be rescued from the rubble of disinterest. " Oh they're just cruising for the playoffs! " -  Apologists v.2011 
    Posted by ipot

I like the way Rask played in his short bit of action but his reaction to Seids was stupid and over the top.I expected him to get pulled for it between periods.Things were going bad and Seids made a bad play but there's no need to EVER call out a teammate like that in front of everybody.Save that sort of emotion for between periods.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe I was to hot headed as I watched it on CBC last night and that's how it looked and sounded to me.
    I was wrong I guess.

Canadian TV speculated that Rask was hooked because he gave his teammates grief after the goal. But Julien, Thomas, and Rask all denied that to be the case. Thomas needed work, said Julien, and given that the score stood 5-1 after 40 minutes — with no bounce back after the call to Rask — the third period offered the chance for Thomas to get some needed minutes.

When asked about the theory on the Canadian telecast, Julien called it “ridiculous.’’

For you NESN watchers did the guys say anything ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rask has every right he sees the play develop in front of him.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

tha's it !  You're reported for those comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rask overreacted, but cannot blame him for anything but immaturity. Seidenberg is supposed to be a top defenseman, and has played poorly for too long. His offensive forays are not well planned, and he has been very poor in his own end. Timmy let in soft goals on all 4. McQuaid totally failed to control Schenn, but the shot was not that difficult. IMO he should have been replaced in the 1st. Rask is reflecting the frustration of the entire team, but when the young leafs easily pull away from Recchi and Ryder to create a 4 on 2 attack, the real weakness in this team is exposed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Thomas made similar comments after the game. "The problem is not with my vision it is with the screens & tips."

Rask was wrong. You can't show up your teamates like that. He has to mature in that area and use this as learning experience. I didn't see any players show him up when he gave up that 2nd goal against Nashville the other night.

Rask deserves the criticism he is getting for his reaction last night & I really like the kid. But my frustration is with how Thomas gets a pass for again deflecting the blame from him after the game in comments like above. If you had a bad game then you had a bad game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thomas made similar comments after the game. "The problem is not with my vision it is with the screens & tips." Rask was wrong. You can't show up your teamates like that. He has to mature in that area and use this as learning experience. I didn't see any players show him up when he gave up that 2nd goal against Nashville the other night. Rask deserves the criticism he is getting for his reaction last night & I really like the kid. But my frustration is with how Thomas gets a pass for again deflecting the blame from him after the game in comments like above. If you had a bad game then you had a bad game.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I agree 100%.I watched the HNIC replay later  last night  and found myself getting angry again with TT's attitude.He may not have been as animated but I wasn't at all impressed with TT's reaction to Ryder after a goal scored on an awful rebound from a 60 foot wrist shot that kadri threw at the net from his back foot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : I agree 100%.I watched the HNIC replay later  last night  and found myself getting angry again with TT's attitude.He may not have been as animated but I wasn't at all impressed with TT's reaction to Ryder after a goal scored on an awful rebound from a 60 foot wrist shot that kadri threw at the net from his back foot.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Neither goalies body language was good last night. Both has to cut that out.

The main problem now is the Bs look totally lost in there own end. Terrible mistakes, terrible decisions. Kaberle looks like he is having trouble adjusting to the Bs defensive system. They just look sloppy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As a goalie I know you can shrug & say "Dam I didn't see it all! Too many bodies!" I never pointed right at a teammate the way Rask did! If I had a teammate pull a flamingo on me? I waited till we got into the dressing room & I'd say "Hey Buddy I know getting the puck in the foot hurts a lot. If you want to block the shot, I have no problem with that, but when you lift your foot like that. It makes it that more difficult to pick it up." Then I'd make a joke about him being a pansy or something to show I wasn't upset anymore. NEVER did I react the way Rask did! And yes Seids game has disappeared & YES NAS since you told me to watch McQuaid more. He's been a turnover machine. No question!
    Posted by nitemare-38

and SoxFanInIL

Sorry guys.  As a defenseman we only half listen to you.  Maybe 25% listen to you.

You're all nutty as squirrel dung and most of the time what you're saying only makes sense to you and god.

When you're calm, we got the best opportunity to hear something useful, but even then.

Goalie throwing a fit or fan throwing a fit in the first row is about the same.

Pretty much, "shut up and get back in your crease."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus?:
    So that was okay in the minds of some here ?  I've been saying it all night,  even though Siedenberg has been struggling as of late  ,  he's one of the Bruins that sacrifies his body the most  blocking shots and is one of the leaders in that category.
    Posted by BsLegion

Sorry, Bs Legion...I usually agree w/you but on this one I'm on teh other side of the fence.

Rask has every right to call out Seids and the rest of the "defense" as well...he played his @ss off again vs. Nashville and that tying goal was the most disgusting example of apathy on the part of a defense I've seen in ages.

Rask makes a brilliant first save on the breakaway, a SECOND gorgeous save on the rebound, and STILL there's no one back to help and the THIRD un-opposed loose puck gets popped into an open net*. That's simply inexcusabe, and if it p*sses Seids off to get reamed for it, boo freaking hoo.  I don't care how many blocked shots he's recorded, that's his JOB. Also his job is not to try carrying the puck up the boards TWICE when he could have chipped it out or passed it away, leading to yet another tying goal (that made it 2-2).

and BTW, MAYBE it will light a fire under some of these guys** to play better and stop asking their goalies to win every d*mn game for them. It bloody well SHOULD!

* I'm not 100% sure if that was Seids who was MIA on that play. (Whoever it was deserves to be flogged.) I know Chara was going off for an idiotic line change in the last seconds of a "power play"....but it certainly WAS Seids who was responsible for that goal that made it 2-2.

** I'd have called out kampfer as well for taking that moronic holding penalty in OT...but I guess he called himself out first. GUess what? I'd rather he play the game right than say the right things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : Sorry, Bs Legion...I usually agree w/you but on this one I'm on teh other side of the fence. Rask has every right to call out Seids and the rest of the "defense" as well...he played his @ss off again vs. Nashville and that tying goal was the most disgusting example of apathy on the part of a defense I've seen in ages. Rask makes a brilliant first save on the breakaway, a SECOND gorgeous save on the rebound, and STILL there's no one back to help and the THIRD un-opposed loose puck gets popped into an open net*. That's simply inexcusabe, and if it p*sses Seids off to get reamed for it, boo freaking hoo.  I don't care how many blocked shots he's recorded, that's his JOB. Also his job is not to try carrying the puck up the boards TWICE when he could have chipped it out or passed it away, leading to yet another tying goal (that made it 2-2). and BTW, MAYBE it will light a fire under some of these guys** to play better and stop asking their goalies to win every d*mn game for them. It bloody well SHOULD! * I'm not 100% sure if that was Seids who was MIA on that play. (Whoever it was deserves to be flogged.) I know Chara was going off for an idiotic line change in the last seconds of a "power play"....but it certainly WAS Seids who was responsible for that goal that made it 2-2. ** I'd have called out kampfer as well for taking that moronic holding penalty in OT...but I guess he called himself out first. GUess what? I'd rather he play the game right than say the right things.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I mentioned  when the Kampfer love affair started up that I was seeing too much of Hunwick in his game.Unfortunately,I don't think Kampfer will be as good as we all hoped.I think he's going to be a decent depth D-man with some offensive flair but never the impact guy some seemed to be envisioning.You don't know how bad I wanted to be wrong about him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : I mentioned  when the Kampfer love affair started up that I was seeing too much of Hunwick in his game.Unfortunately,I don't think Kampfer will be as good as we all hoped.I think he's going to be a decent depth D-man with some offensive flair but never the impact guy some seemed to be envisioning.You don't know how bad I wanted to be wrong about him.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed, but let's not give up on him just yet. One mitigating factor is that he was playing MUCH better b4 he got that broken nose, and his game took a nose-dive after. I think he got a little out of hythm and maybe a little gun shy as well.

I don't know what the h*ll he was thinking on that holding penalty in OT--just a rookie mistake?--but given that there;'s only one other defenseman on the team who can really skate and move the puck w./any authority, we have no choice but to trust in Kampfer.

Fact is, there are so many things wrong w/this team right now it's hard to pick any single one out (if that were the case i'd feel a lot more confident it could be fixed.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

lets see..throws stick in the crowd at practice after a shot hit him.....swings his stick  and shows up mcquiad after a goal and last night  shows up siedenberg...yup if thats your idea of showing emotions we are as dead as he is playing goal...maybe try to make a save and earn your respect  first before acting like a spoilt brat....tank is average right now but again without him stealing game after game this year bruins would BE......UNDER THE BUS......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : and SoxFanInIL Sorry guys.  As a defenseman we only half listen to you.  Maybe 25% listen to you. You're all nutty as squirrel dung and most of the time what you're saying only makes sense to you and god. When you're calm, we got the best opportunity to hear something useful, but even then. Goalie throwing a fit or fan throwing a fit in the first row is about the same. Pretty much, "shut up and get back in your crease."
    Posted by BadHabitude

I guarantee a certain #4 and #77 would completely disagree with this entire post and would instead take complete responsibility for their errors and make it up to the goalie.*

And no offense, but I'm pretty d*mn sure they were better defenseman than you.

*Orr said as much in the biography "Searching For Bobby Orr"...he felt personally responsible any time a goal was scored while he was on the ice, and made mention of how hard Cheevers played in front of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I believe the thinking regarding putting in Rask (Thomas was horrible last night), and in putting Thomas back (he needs the work)...And I as I said in the Julien thread, Thomas is not responding to sitting. I realize Rask is playing better, but I never felt that Thomas needed to play 1 game, sit 2, play 2, sit 2...It's not how it works in the playoffs, that's for sure. This is the guy who is still leading the Vezina voting (could lose it at this point though). I say play Thomas 90 percent of the rest of the regular season. Rask can be the team's future. Thomas is the team's present as in now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : Agreed, but let's not give up on him just yet. One mitigating factor is that he was playing MUCH better b4 he got that broken nose, and his game took a nose-dive after. I think he got a little out of hythm and maybe a little gun shy as well. I don't know what the h*ll he was thinking on that holding penalty in OT--just a rookie mistake?--but given that there;'s only one other defenseman on the team who can really skate and move the puck w./any authority, we have no choice but to trust in Kampfer. Fact is, there are so many things wrong w/this team right now it's hard to pick any single one out (if that were the case i'd feel a lot more confident it could be fixed.)
    Posted by TryToBearIt

TTIb-before he took the bad penalty,Kampfer was the one who slid by the puck and into the net(in Rask's way)on the tying goal.I'm not giving up on him.I think he is what he is-exactly the player we've seen so far.Capable of big things offensively and some big defensive lapses shortly after(Wideman anyone?).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I believe the thinking regarding putting in Rask (Thomas was horrible last night), and in putting Thomas back (he needs the work)...And I as I said in the Julien thread, Thomas is not responding to sitting. I realize Rask is playing better, but I never felt that Thomas needed to play 1 game, sit 2, play 2, sit 2...It's not how it works in the playoffs, that's for sure. This is the guy who is still leading the Vezina voting (could lose it at this point though). I say play Thomas 90 percent of the rest of the regular season. Rask can be the team's future. Thomas is the team's present as in now!
    Posted by dannycater

I'm all for playing whichever goalie is getting the job done.One of them needs to get into a rythm and run with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianW1009. Show BrianW1009's posts

Rask has been very supportive of his teamates all year and quite frankly has put the blame on himself on all his losses, and even some wins.  But the defence has been very bad, from Chara skating off for a line change when the play was in our end, to multiple rebounds on saves by both Thomas & Rask, where the defence doesn't clear out the puck.  I think this team hs missed Marc Stewart as well, he was one tough S.O.B. 

Just like most sports in which the team is underperforming for a season, you can't fire the whole team, they already made many changes, so the coach has to go.  It wouldn't be the first time this coach got canned going into the playoffs (N.J.) and they went on to win the cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rask has been very supportive of his teamates all year and quite frankly has put the blame on himself on all his losses, and even some wins.  But the defence has been very bad, from Chara skating off for a line change when the play was in our end, to multiple rebounds on saves by both Thomas & Rask, where the defence doesn't clear out the puck.  I think this team hs missed Marc Stewart as well, he was one tough S.O.B.  Just like most sports in which the team is underperforming for a season, you can't fire the whole team, they already made many changes, so the coach has to go.  It wouldn't be the first time this coach got canned going into the playoffs (N.J.) and they went on to win the cup.
    Posted by BrianW1009

They didn't win the cup that year with Lou Lam behind the bench instead of CJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dez, i agree with the Rask-Thomas dilemma or whatever it is...I prefer Thomas, but if Rask can play at the level he has in some of his recent work, he's the goalie if Thomas can't get it done...Just win baby!  I'm starting to think the forwards are the team's real problem. I just don't see a lot of forward work inside their own zone. They don't cover for any of the D-Men...it's disturbing to say the least. The freaky deflections and rebounds are just flukes that occur, so you hope you don't get burned on too many of those plays. But the play staying in the zone often occurs due to forwards being lazy, waiting for someone else to make a play so they can go up ice...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : and SoxFanInIL Sorry guys.  As a defenseman we only half listen to you.  Maybe 25% listen to you. You're all nutty as squirrel dung and most of the time what you're saying only makes sense to you and god. When you're calm, we got the best opportunity to hear something useful, but even then. Goalie throwing a fit or fan throwing a fit in the first row is about the same. Pretty much, "shut up and get back in your crease."
    Posted by BadHabitude

" ... as nutty as squirrel dung ..." 

That line's so good I'm going to have to steal it, BadHab.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dez, i agree with the Rask-Thomas dilemma or whatever it is...I prefer Thomas, but if Rask can play at the level he has in some of his recent work, he's the goalie if Thomas can't get it done...Just win baby!  I'm starting to think the forwards are the team's real problem. I just don't see a lot of forward work inside their own zone. They don't cover for any of the D-Men...it's disturbing to say the least. The freaky deflections and rebounds are just flukes that occur, so you hope you don't get burned on too many of those plays. But the play staying in the zone often occurs due to forwards being lazy, waiting for someone else to make a play so they can go up ice...
    Posted by dannycater

You're right,there aren't enough forwards willing to come down below the hash marks and absorb a hit in order to give the D-men a target for an outlet pass.As fans we get frustrated with the D just chipping it back and forth to each other but really that's more on the forwards for not paying the price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I only saw TT let in one poor goal tonight. I also thought Rask was solid. Our team defense has taken a dive and no one seems to care.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

agreed. Our Defense is awful right now. Doesnt anyone else notice this besides the two of us. Everyone on complains about the mismanagement of Seguin. Tired of that worn out post. The D needs to be addressed....Just atrocious of late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : With all do respect nitemare, I was referring to NHL goalies, not beer-league goalies.
    Posted by Crowls2424

LMAO! Hey I played some Senior league stuff, but very few NHL goalie's point directly as well Crowls. I know Rask has a temper, but that motion right there doesn't go well with your teammates. I'm sure Seids felt bad enough, to have your teammate put the spot light on you like that isn't right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by BadHabitude

LMAO! Well NOW somone finally tells me!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Rask thorwing his teammate under bus? : I guarantee a certain #4 and #77 would completely disagree with this entire post and would instead take complete responsibility for their errors and make it up to the goalie.* And no offense, but I'm pretty d*mn sure they were better defenseman than you. *Orr said as much in the biography "Searching For Bobby Orr"...he felt personally responsible any time a goal was scored while he was on the ice, and made mention of how hard Cheevers played in front of him.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

You are 100% dead right and believe it or not I'm on the exact same page.

#4 and #77 I can assure you were probably not criticized by their goalies - ever.

Yes, I believe they would feel responsbile for every goal out there (I only assume blame if it was my guy or my fault), but I would say the reason why the goal happened might be different than what the goalie thought the reason was.

don't forget the goalie's perspective on the ice is always that end zone view.  What they think is happening in front of them might not be the case, they just simply don't have the angle to see what happened.

Also, after the goal happens, hindsight is always 20/20.  No matter what the goal, if the goalie cut down the angle more, stayed back in the crease, showed more stick side or glove side, defenseman covering one player or another  or playing pass or shot,  like I said hindsight is always 20/20.

Goalies tend to be more emotional for whatever reason.

I'll put it another way, no one would hold it against a goalie for being emotional after a goal, and in the heat of action I don't think anyone would be surprised by a goalie 'throwing someone under the bus.'

Find me a quote from Rask in the papers today where he pins Seidenberg for that goal.

Sections
Shortcuts