Three more wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Three more wins

So coming into this season I had one hope/high expectation - that the Bruins would pick somewhere from 27-30 in the draft this year. Three more wins, and that expectation will have been met.

I know a lot of posters here have a Cup or nothing attitude, but I find that just unrealistic. Top four in the league is fairly lofty as it is. It was not long ago numerous posters on here were telling me I was dreaming that we'd pick in those spots, and it's still possible that we'll miss out. But with measured expectations I'm fairly satisfied with the B's performance overall, in particular if we get those next three wins.

As for my point about top four overall being lofty enough, consider this - there is a distinct possibility that the Conference finalists this year could be the Kings, Hawks, Pens and Bruins. That's the last four Stanley Cup winners. If that is in fact the final grouping, then you may as well just draw straws to figure out who comes up with the Cup - it'll be a crap shoot and no matter who wins it'll be a deserving winner (even the Pens, as much as I hate them). If that is in fact the four teams that are in the next round, well the three that bow out will be three fantastic teams - no dishonour losing out in that group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Three more wins

In response to red75's comment:

So coming into this season I had one hope/high expectation - that the Bruins would pick somewhere from 27-30 in the draft this year. Three more wins, and that expectation will have been met.

I know a lot of posters here have a Cup or nothing attitude, but I find that just unrealistic. Top four in the league is fairly lofty as it is. It was not long ago numerous posters on here were telling me I was dreaming that we'd pick in those spots, and it's still possible that we'll miss out. But with measured expectations I'm fairly satisfied with the B's performance overall, in particular if we get thos next three wins.

As for my point about top four overall being lofty enough, consider this - there is a distinct possibility that the Conference finalists this year could be the Kings, Hawks, Pens and Bruins. That's the last four Stanley Cup winners. If that is in fact the final grouping, then you may as well just draw straws to figure out who comes up with the Cup - it'll be a crap shoot and no matter who wins it'll be a deserving winner (even the Pens, as much as I hate them). If that is in fact the four teams that are in the next round, well the three that bow out will be three fantastic teams - no dishonour losing out in that group.

Red, three more wins and Dallas will be picking between 27-30 courtesy of the Jagr trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

True - but we'd still get the seeding, don't much care about the pick itself. The seeding means they're a Conference finalist, and I care more about that than a late first rounder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Picking 27-30 is a crapshoot anyway.

Let the likes of Florida and EDM revere picks.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Picking 27-30 is a crapshoot anyway.

Let the likes of Florida and EDM revere picks.....

And PC has done much in the 2nd round anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well, Hamill and Caron....oh wait. lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Red, three more wins and Dallas will be picking between 27-30 courtesy of the Jagr trade.

And I wouldn't mind if Jagr was actually contributing!!! To be fair, my expectations for him were REALLY high!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Well, Hamill and Caron....oh wait. lol.

Hamill was actually a #8 JM after winning the WHL scoring race. Swing and a miss for PC on that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

And I wouldn't mind if Jagr was actually contributing!!! To be fair, my expectations for him were REALLY high!

It's a team game.  Do you think the team is better with Jagr on the third/second line and the powerplay, or do you think it was better with Bourque/Caron/Pandopho out there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Hamill was actually a #8 JM after winning the WHL scoring race. Swing and a miss for PC on that one.

True.

To be fair, Caron still is a work in progress as we have dicsussed.

We will find out PC's true intentions with regard to him as Jordan's ELC expires this summer.