Three words for Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Re: Three words for Seguin

In Response to Three words for Seguin:
    [QUOTE]"Get in there." If he's going to make a difference, or even have any sort of positive impact, he has to get in there.  He can't trail the play and wait for the pass.  He can't jockey for position and go second into the corner.  He can't play the perimeters. Get in there.   Play tough.  Hit and be hit.  Take your bruises and deliver bruises. Don't nancy around the ice and wait to score.  Go to the net and make things happen. Get in there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

keepyourheadup  skateyouras*off  gogetthemkid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

NAS is dead on with this one. Getting in there goes to compete level, intensity, physicality, establishing the forecheck, gaining/maintaining possession. These are all things Seguin has the potential to be great at and what he has been lacking so far in his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Give the kid a chance, gees!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Shoot, Pass, Skate

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Three words for Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Give the kid a chance, gees!
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

Canadianfan , understand that most of the posters on this site have nver played hockey at a high level so they don't understand !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's John Candy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Give the kid a break, he just turned 19.  Even a 19 year old Joe Thornton didn't go to the corners, and Kessel STILL doesn't.

This kid is oozing with talent, just wait and see what he becomes...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Get in there    Check mark symbol 
    Play tough  Check mark symbol
    Hit and be hit  Check mark symbol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Get in there Check mark symbol
    Play tough Check mark symbol
    Hit and be hit Check mark symbol

Score goals Check mark symbol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

[QUOTE]"Get in there." If he's going to make a difference, or even have any sort of positive impact, he has to get in there.  He can't trail the play and wait for the pass.  He can't jockey for position and go second into the corner.  He can't play the perimeters. Get in there.   Play tough.  Hit and be hit.  Take your bruises and deliver bruises. Don't nancy around the ice and wait to score.  Go to the net and make things happen. Get in there.

NAS, I have never had a doubt about Seguin.  I've followed this kid play before the pros.  When he's given the chance...he rises to the occassion.  All you Seguin...."bring him along slowly" doubters...keep quiet..please.  What a farce he is making of all those who questioned Seguin (and Julien's system).  I've said all along throughtout the season, this kid was never given the chance..and he should have.  Now with Bergeron out....aren't we glad Seguin is not a healthy scratch?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

There should be no doubt now. He is ready. Let him loose and we will be having a parade soon....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In other words -- play Bruins hockey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Three words for Seguin:[QUOTE] Let'er rip when you have the open space and he has shown he doesn't need much room. Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

^This!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Three words for Seguin? OK.
     'Totally F*ck*en Awesome!!!'

Team hug everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]There's John Candy.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Gotta love Joe Montana

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Three words for Seguin : NAS, I have never had a doubt about Seguin.  I've followed this kid play before the pros.  When he's given the chance...he rises to the occassion.  All you Seguin...."bring him along slowly" doubters...keep quiet..please.  What a farce he is making of all those who questioned Seguin (and Julien's system).  I've said all along throughtout the season, this kid was never given the chance..and he should have.  Now with Bergeron out....aren't we glad Seguin is not a healthy scratch?
    Posted by Number4forever[/QUOTE]

And considering that they are tied 1-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals with Seguin scoring twice tonight...aren't you glad things have played out exactly as they have all season long?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Please don't even insinuate that Julien meant this all along "turned him lose now" or Claude reserved the kids minutes so he woudn't tire out with some kind of purpose ?...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is not the same player who couldn't buy a goal down the stretch in the regular season.  This is not the guy was consistently lost in defensive zone coverages and who could be stripped of the puck with ease.  Let's not pretend that this is how TS would have played all year long.

I think all NAS is saying is that we don't know how things might have been different if they had been different - if TS plays 14 min. a game on the second line all year, does he learn the same hard lessons about being physically involved and making the most of his opportunities when they come?  Maybe, but we don't know one way or the other, so if you're happy with where he is today, don't moan about where he was two months ago and on the path to here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Seguin=Jesus Christ

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't even insinuate that Julien meant this all along "turned him lose now" or Claude reserved the kids minutes so he woudn't tire out with some kind of purpose ?...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the kid had no learning to do in the season ?
    There were reasons he played him the way he did during the season and down the stretch.  For sure not to save him .
    Anyhow those were the words Julien said to the press when said he wanted Seguin to go for it. No more learning .
    We're all excited for what we're seeing and now the tough part begins.
    The Bruins didn't need him to win series against the Habs and Flyers but they will win with Seguin this series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

san dog....your dislike of clode is clouding your better judgement. everyone has their opinions but, come on! will the b's have to sweep in the cup finals for you to say anything positive about the coach? somehow this team wins despite its' coach being incompetent? bruins/flyers '10 is in the PAST my friend. try to enjoy the present. if bylsma is coach of the year for dealing with pitts injuries- where does clode stack up? no savvy all year- no problem. still win the division. no bergy and savvy for ECF- split after one. not too shabby i'd say. oh and my 3 words for seguin are: you da man(kid)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Three words for Seguin : So you're saying the kid had no learning to do in the season ? There were reasons he played him the way he did during the season and down the stretch.  For sure not to save him . Anyhow those were the words Julien said to the press when said he wanted Seguin to go for it. No more learning . We're all excited for what we're seeing and now the tough part begins. The Bruins didn't need him to win series against the Habs and Flyers but they will win with Seguin this series.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and I posted this in another thread.  Julien just may have played this right.  I'm not necessarily making that leap, but look at the facts.  They're in the Conf. finals, 7 wins away from you-know-what, and they just got a huge boost from their previously scratched rookie.  Could turn the momentum and has been a huge shot in the arm for the team.  He looks nothing like the player we saw down the stretch run of the regular season.  Maybe Julien is been a little lucky, but whatever he's doing is working.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's not a dislike ADK it's a few things that could be adjusted and definitely not the debacle of 10' was Julien's fault in my view. I think Claude did an incredible job of getting the Bruins into the playoffs last year. However Julien did get outcoached by Maurice in the 09' series that did cost the Bruins advancement.

You might call this knit picking but throwing the 4th line over the boards after the Bruins score or when the game is tied or down a goal or there is a draw in the Lightnings offensive zone when Boucher has last change is going to get Julien in trouble in Tampa if he doesn't watch it. Then Lightning have now scored 10 goals on Juliens hybrid trap. Lets see if me noticing these bad things is dislike or watching stubborn repetitive coaching moves...

Sections
Shortcuts