Throw Ryan White out of the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Re: Throw Ryan White out of the League

In response to hangnail's comment:

Some of you guys are out to lunch on this one.  He deliberately launched his shoulder upwards into the guy's jaw.  Why is that OK?

It was not the elbow as I thought and that he was penalized for, a hard hit gone very bad and he will be suspended for head contact.

Huskins has been around a while, very stay at home D, won a cup with Ana

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Some of you guys are out to lunch on this one.  He deliberately launched his shoulder upwards into the guy's jaw.  Why is that OK?

I'm not sure anyone is saying it is okay... but a life-time ban is silly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I know Sandog what a joke.  Scabs are out of control tonight getting blown out in their own rink.

That's two blowouts (by today's standards) in as many games for the Habs. Bad time of the year for a meltdown.

As much as we criticize the B's they seldom lose this bad on the scoresheet and, especially, not 2 games in a row....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Adding insult to injury -- with 1:30 left in 2nd period -- Galchenyuk with a suspendable boarding on Fedotenko. If Shanahan blows this one -- yikes.

Also noted by Flyers announcers -- Gallagher on the lightweight side draws 3 penalties -- at least 1 of which was barely a touch.  You can't go near this guy without him falling to the ice and geting gift calls from the refs.

Now with 13 minutes left -- down 6-3 -- Plekanec goes after tough guy Briere -- 3 crosschecks to the back while Briere is lying face down on the ice. Hartnell bodyslams Plekanec to the ice.

This game is a circus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Never seen the Bell Centre so empty....guess the "fans"  had enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

White was really going for the head the replay shows clearly he had about 3 secs to react and he knew exactly what he was going to do ...cheap shot ...cheap scabs...sore losers ...glad the Flyers beat them badly thats 2 bad beatings in a row ...scabs are ready for the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

It looks like he deliberately lifts up his shoulder at the last second. If he had not done that, it would have been a good solid hit.

He decided to go head hunting, so expect him to get 2 or 3 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In person hearing means a longer vacation is on the table.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

An in person hearing means it's at least possible he'll get 5 games or more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

It looks like he deliberately lifts up his shoulder at the last second. If he had not done that, it would have been a good solid hit.

He decided to go head hunting, so expect him to get 2 or 3 games.

This is also what it looks like to me as well. Why he elevates him self at the last second i do not understand. If he lowers his shoulder no problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He went for a check and missed.  I just watched it about 20 times.  It's unfortunate.  It's a penalty.  It's not that bad.

I agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I see it as intent, yes he raises his shoulder to go high but its the kick off his left leg  that shows the guilt here,hes litteraly leaving his feet in which in an open ice hit. Yeah that min 5 games

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Galchenyuk hits Fedotenko into the boards and gets 2 minutes LOL

All it deserved, too. Wasn't from behind, and it wasn't a malicious attack. It was a garden-variety boarding minor.

Ryan White reminds me of the minor character "Stuckey" on SVU. He wants to do well, but everything he does ends up wrong and he screws things up for his team much more often than he helps them out. But at this point, he's had enough screw-ups that I'd just as soon see him sent to Hamilton for the duration than put him out there again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

That's two blowouts (by today's standards) in as many games for the Habs. Bad time of the year for a meltdown.

As much as we criticize the B's they seldom lose this bad on the scoresheet and, especially, not 2 games in a row....

They haven't played a good period since clinching their playoff spot. I don't take 2 games as a harbinger of doom, and it's better to have 2 stinkers now than 2 weeks from now. However, at the same time, it's the "playing bad hockey" aspect that is more worrisome, and that's the difference between MTLs 2 losses and Boston's: the Bruins aren't necessarily playing overall bad hockey, making mistake after mistake after mistake. Montreal's last 2 games have been fundamental breakdowns on all levels, and that kind of thing is why teams lose badly come playoff time.

Still plenty of reason to think it may be more of a hiccup than a tumor for the Habs based on the rest of the season. But they better get it sorted out: doesn't get much easier with PIT and WSH on the immediate schedule this week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think White is done with the Habs.  Last night on RDS (french version of TSN) insisted he be suspebded for 6-7 games.  They added imagine if it was Rinaldo on Beaulieu, that's what we would be screaming for, 6-7 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I think White is done with the Habs.  Last night on RDS (french version of TSN) insisted he be suspebded for 6-7 games.  They added imagine if it was Rinaldo on Beaulieu, that's what we would be screaming for, 6-7 games.

Very unfortunate. In Junior, White was a top scorer for his team and well liked. Somewhere along the path he lost his way.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Very unfortunate. In Junior, White was a top scorer for his team and well liked. Somewhere along the path he lost his way.....

It's because the Habs wanted someone to drop the gloves and he figured that was his only way to stay up and keep a job in the NHL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

was i the only one that thought it wasn't THAT bad?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

They haven't played a good period since clinching their playoff spot. I don't take 2 games as a harbinger of doom, and it's better to have 2 stinkers now than 2 weeks from now. However, at the same time, it's the "playing bad hockey" aspect that is more worrisome, and that's the difference between MTLs 2 losses and Boston's: the Bruins aren't necessarily playing overall bad hockey, making mistake after mistake after mistake. Montreal's last 2 games have been fundamental breakdowns on all levels, and that kind of thing is why teams lose badly come playoff time.

Still plenty of reason to think it may be more of a hiccup than a tumor for the Habs based on the rest of the season. But they better get it sorted out: doesn't get much easier with PIT and WSH on the immediate schedule this week.

I think every team every season goes thru a couple of tough spells. Montreal started slow, but then started to fly the rest of the way. I think the Habs goal was to get back into the play-offs. They did that, so now their into a lull. Just getting their 2nd wind. I think the White hit was a missed body check, but he still very evidently raised his shoulder & made head contact. 3-6 games is what I suspect. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Really bad judgement. Suspension coming (but surely won't be enough to stop this kind of garbage.)

make the sentence last as long as the injury,  by by matt cooke  etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Galchenyuk hits Fedotenko into the boards and gets 2 minutes LOL

All it deserved, too. Wasn't from behind, and it wasn't a malicious attack. It was a garden-variety boarding minor.

Regardless of the jersey on the back players need to be more aware of how close their opponents are to the boards. Fedetenko had no idea Galchenyuk was coming so he couldn't brace himself. It's a dangerous hit and players need to have more respect for vunerable players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=666010&navid=nhl:topheads

Educating some might help but I have a feeling some like Torres and Cooke it won't help at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It's because the Habs wanted someone to drop the gloves and he figured that was his only way to stay up and keep a job in the NHL.

A waste of what once was a promising career...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Only 5 games for the headhunter.  Sigh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

5 is fitting for that hit.

He scored well in Jr, but he also had pims, he ramped up his pims in the ahl tho.

Sections
Shortcuts