Thumbs up to Bruce Boudreau shutting down the media in MTL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Thumbs up to Bruce Boudreau shutting down the media in MTL

Here are some quotes from Bruce live from MTL.  I have to say that i am starting to like this guy:

"You don't like it, don't come to the games," Boudreau told the assembled media at the Capitals' pre-game skate on Tuesday morning.

"Listen, I don't want to get into any controversy," he said. "But if that was Hall Gill that hit David Krejci I don't think there'd be a protest going on here tonight."

"I think the players realize that they could get hurt," said Boudreau. "They don't want to do it, but unless you've played and see what goes on and at the speed of the game, you're not going to be able to argue with it."

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=358110

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

Re: Thumbs up to Bruce Boudreau shutting down the media in MTL

Lol and these people who keep saying "If it was Ovechkin who was hit you wouldn't be saying that." I'm sorry, but now the sicophants are comparing Pacioretty to Alexander Ovechkin???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

"I think the players realize that they could get hurt," said Boudreau. "They don't want to do it, but unless you've played and see what goes on and at the speed of the game, you're not going to be able to argue with it."

This is what I told my team mates that are Hab fans on my team.
    BTW this coming from Bob McKenzie:

GMs, BTW, overwhelmingly viewed Chara-Pacioretty as "hockey play" I'm told vote was 24-6 on it as a play that didn't require discipline

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

All of a sudden Pacioretti has become a star player ?? Only in habland . I guess Gill is a Norris trophy candidate as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You know what is mildly frustrating?  The NHL has been on a push to reduce concussions and improve safety for a couple of years now.  But of course you know who will smugly announce credit for any worthwhile improvements from now on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bruce and I grew up in the same part of town in Toronto.

Way to go, Bruce! Show'em what West York is all about! We have no time for nonsense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I've always liked Boudreau.  He speaks his mind and does it with a sense of humor that I find refreshing.  Unlike Ron Wilson's attempts to be funny (sometimes he makes me laugh), Boudreau has a classy overtone to his comments.  Love to have him coaching the B's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Thumbs up to Bruce Boudreau shutting down the media in MTL:
    [QUOTE]You know what is mildly frustrating?  The NHL has been on a push to reduce concussions and improve safety for a couple of years now.  But of course you know who will smugly announce credit for any worthwhile improvements from now on.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

You bet .
    Around town the line most heard and echoing everywhere " Something must be done " .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Just saw this in Montreal Gazette as I was reading their take on Boudreau's comments, interesting that all of a sudden Geoff Molson sees that there may be a problem at the rink:
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Bell+Centre+boards+glass/4439514/story.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If the Bruins get eliminated and the Caps are still alive, I'm rooting hard for them to win it all

I already was thinking along those lines, because of the clear hatred canadian fans have for Ovechkin.  But this settles it.  Go Caps!!!!

....unless you're playing Boston of course

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bruce's legend grows..he was a star on 24/7....like I said before the focus should be on the stantion and how to improve the rinks for the safety of the players since the game is just getting faster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Finally the time for more hockey people to speak sensibiy on the issue, that does not include "say it ain't so" Joe Thornton.  In addition,  Bettman holds off public outcry (Montreal en masse) by annoucing forthcoming changes to equipment, medical protocol, arena safety, and future changes.  Hopefully the league will leap into the 21st century while preserving the great game of hockey.  Kudos to Bruce for saying the obvious to most fans who actually love hockey.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Interesting to read the comments on the TSN story. Hockey fans know the deal....and the voices of reason are starting to come out.

Sections
Shortcuts