Ticket Price Flop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ticket Price Flop

Tickets are available at the ticketmaster website for today's game.  Round two in the playoffs vs. Montreal and it's not sold out.  I can only imagine it's because Loge seats are $736 and Balcony seats are $225.

I don't care either way, but I found it interesting.  It used to be that playoff tickets would be sold out 12 minutes after they went on sale.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Re: Ticket Price Flop

Face value? Holy crap. I guess its all about what someone will pay. I find watching on TV better anyway, Not that I can easily get to a game but in the past the experience has been less than expected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yeah no thanks.  My family of 5 would be $1000 plus for the cheapest seats, lunch at the Fours another $125 and probably another $100 at the Garden for "stuff".  I park for free so that saves $40.  Big whoops.  HD screen here I come!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a funny echo effect for teams that are Cup contenders for an extended period.  When they first start winning playoff rounds, the seats go fast.  Then they go more slowly as fans come to expect it.  Then you see people doing the calculation - if I have to pay a grand to go to a game, and I can only afford that  once in a playoff year, do I want it to be a second round game or a Cup Finals game?  I mean, I know they'll make the Finals, so might as well wait!

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

There's a funny echo effect for teams that are Cup contenders for an extended period.  When they first start winning playoff rounds, the seats go fast.  Then they go more slowly as fans come to expect it.  Then you see people doing the calculation - if I have to pay a grand to go to a game, and I can only afford that  once in a playoff year, do I want it to be a second round game or a Cup Finals game?  I mean, I know they'll make the Finals, so might as well wait!

Are you not entertained?!?!

Makes total sense to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Yeah no thanks.  My family of 5 would be $1000 plus for the cheapest seats, lunch at the Fours another $125 and probably another $100 at the Garden for "stuff".  I park for free so that saves $40.  Big whoops.  HD screen here I come!

You can stay home and buy a new 60" tv instead.

So dumb!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So dumb!

Or, go to the next 500 Panther games for the same price!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So dumb!

Or, go to the next 500 Panther games for the same price!!

Classic, and very true !!

Sections
Shortcuts