Tim Thomas ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Tim Thomas ???

Has anyone any news on Mr. Thomas? Last I heard was he was trying out for FL, Panthers. Just wondering whassup...did he 'catch on' with them? Did he lay an egg? Flameout?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Tim Thomas ???

Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said he was happy with Thomas's progression at practice, but that he wouldn't commit to Thomas getting his first preseason game action on Thursday against the Lightning.  This per the Panthers' website story yesterday.  So the answer is...none of the above.  Still there, still status quo - tryout.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With Tim Thomas signing imminent...

"How hard could it be to make the team, the Panthers are shooting on him!" ~ Mike Brophy

Bada Bing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Looks like he will be signed as soon as the new ownership is official.  Hope he does well.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=432748

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Vinnie Viola? I know the NHL has a history of sketchy owners, but don't they think maybe the mob is a step too far?

What a name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Eklund, for whatever it's worth (probably not much) states that Thomas has won the starting job in Florida. Based on no playing time?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hannu Toivonen could win the starter's job here.  Clemmensen and Markstrom are a great duo for either fighting crime or ECHL playoffs.

Not for NHL goaltending.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@TSNBobMcKenzie

"Tim Thomas's 1 yr deal in FLA has base salary of $2.5M but an AAV of $3.75M because of potential performance/GP bonuses. He plays tonight."

Timmah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Thomas signed a one year deal. Apparently he'll be the starting goalie against the Lightning tonight.

1st game against the Bruins should be a beauty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Thu Oct 17, 2013 Bruins Panthers 7:30 PM NESN"

Shoot from everywhere!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Thu Oct 17, 2013 Bruins Panthers 7:30 PM NESN"

Shoot from everywhere!

could be more Bruins fans at the game than Panther fans ~ afterall the Nov. 7th game at the TD, just got alot more expensive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:

could be more Bruins fans at the game than Panther fans ~ afterall the Nov. 7th game at the TD, just got alot more expensive.

Brokers on StubHub are licking their chops for sure!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'll bet he wins the starting position and has another great year. Beware Bruins.....he'll be ready to play when they meet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll bet he wins the starting position and has another great year. Beware Bruins.....he'll be ready to play when they meet.

getting over 3 M a year when all said in done. I think the panthers agree with you . I as well agree with your assessment on it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Until you watch the Panthers defenseman, it is going to be a long season for Tim.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

I say he plays well, not the best numbers since he's on the Panthers then is dealt to a playoff team by the deadline. Then he very well could be a big factor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Woops wrong thread!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

I say he plays well, not the best numbers since he's on the Panthers then is dealt to a playoff team by the deadline. Then he very well could be a big factor.

True, not exactly a great team in front of him. And you could be right about a trade at the deadline....wouldn't that be interesting, especially if he has to face his old teammates in the playoffs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Big TT fan... but don't think he will do well in Florida (but who would?)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:  Florida defense

Gudbranson, Kulikov and Campbell are good.  Each could play top line minutes anywhere.  After that it gets pretty murky.

Re:  Trading Thomas at the deadline

Florida is getting a new owner today.  I'm sure one of his goals is "winning".  I doubt tanking the last 25% of the season is on his list.

Re:  Fans

Can't wait to see Thomas on the back of Panthers jerseys!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I like the guy, always have. I hope he does well. He helped bring a cup to Boston. Yes, I would have liked to see him play out his contract, but its done and over. I dont think he deserves the treatment, that I believe he will get, when he comes to Boston. The Booo's that is. He'll definitely help the Panthers. He's a competitor and that fire will be there.

Sections
Shortcuts