Tim Thomas and respect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Tim Thomas and respect

ALthough he doesn't seem to get the respect he deserves from the talking heads he certainly gets it from his peers

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602881&navid=DL|NHL|home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Tim Thomas and respect

Thomas is also getting respect from the fans.  He is currently the top vote-getter for the All Star Game among goalies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Tim Thomas was underrated about 4 years ago.  He gets mad respect now from the entire league and its fans now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Vezina winner, Conn Smythe winner.  How can anyone make the argument that TT doesn't get respect??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

306 is right.  Four or so years ago yes.  Now?  No chance.  Thomas gets mad love these days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Anyone notice that Vanek is the only player who seems to consistently score on TT.Obviously if we play Buffalo in the playoffs we will have to limit his scoring chances,no easy task,he is a fine player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas and respect:
    [QUOTE]Anyone notice that Vanek is the only player who seems to consistently score on TT.Obviously if we play Buffalo in the playoffs we will have to limit his scoring chances,no easy task,he is a fine player.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    The only reason Vanek doesn't get even more respect is the fact he's 1 of the league's highest paid players. The pressure of living up to expectations hasn't been easy for him to deal with. Vanek is a tremendously talented scorer. Sometimes he makes it look too easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The talking heads don't give him his dues. Not a single one of the hosts on NHL on the Fly picked him for the Vezina for the first quarter of the season.

Um. What? Khabiboulin gets a vote over TT? Are you kidding?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone notice that Vanek is the only player who seems to consistently score on TT.Obviously if we play Buffalo in the playoffs we will have to limit his scoring chances,no easy task,he is a fine player.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    He scores at least one goal & sometimes multiple goals against the B's every game. It doesn't matter who is in net, he seems to have the B's number. He is the Sabre I would be most concerned with in a potential playoff series that's for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The talking heads don't give him his dues. Not a single one of the hosts on NHL on the Fly picked him for the Vezina for the first quarter of the season. Um. What? Khabiboulin gets a vote over TT? Are you kidding?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    Lam, they do have eerily similar numbers so far this year. We also know that these "experts" all seem to want to be the 1st one to say " see, I told you he couldn't keep it up". I personally love seeing TT still has some doubters. TT historically thrives on the doubts of others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas and respect : Lam, they do have eerily similar numbers so far this year. We also know that these "experts" all seem to want to be the 1st one to say " see, I told you he couldn't keep it up". I personally love seeing TT still has some doubters. TT historically thrives on the doubts of others.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It's true but Khabiboulin has been out of it for awhile. And the other "expert" said Lehtonin. REALLY? Are you on this planet? I just don't see what they see...

And they also said the Norris goes to Weber who is an AMAZING +16 and another guy that I'm not familiar with. Chara is playing great hockey and has been putting up points. How do you overlook this?

Sections
Shortcuts