Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend:
    on the all time bruins teams say hello to timmy thomas and say goodsbye to gary cheevers. timmy proved his place in bruins history and won the cup almost single handed while cheevers hit behind bobby orr to win and what did cheever have anyway other than a famous mask lol. 
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

well I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Kanes, but this one can't be denied.  vezina plus conn smythe equals stanley cup.  "almost single handed" - in comparison to Cheevers, absolutely, as Orr blocked shots and stole pucks off the goal line as well as scoring.  And even not in comarison to Cheevers, you have to put a lot of the credit for this cup on TT, that just can't be denied.

Great story for TT, rags to riches, great never say die type of story.

All those that laughed at TT scrambling around in the crease are not laughing anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know. If you were making an all-time Brunis team, wouldn't Brimsek and Thompson still get the top two goalie spots?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't know. If you were making an all-time Brunis team, wouldn't Brimsek and Thompson still get the top two goalie spots?
    Posted by red75

I wouldn't; never saw them play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

wow dallas, i'm amazed at your lack of faith in TT. How in the world can you blame a guy who allowed just 4 goals in 2 games on the road v. the No. 1 team in points in the NHL....wow, still calling for Rask after all he did to get his team that far...truly amazing how people kicked the tires of both Julien and Thomas, the whipping boys.
    Posted by dannycater
    I was referring to the first two losses in round 1 against Montreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : I wouldn't; never saw them play.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I never saw Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle or Joltin' Joe play either, but I'm pretty sure they'd make my all Yankee team. 

I doubt there's a single Tigers fan alive who saw Ty Cobb play, but I bet you they all put him on their all-time team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : I never saw Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle or Joltin' Joe play either, but I'm pretty sure they'd make my all Yankee team.  I doubt there's a single Tigers fan alive who saw Ty Cobb play, but I bet you they all put him on their all-time team.
    Posted by red75

I saw Ty Cobb play live. He was a fantastic football player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Legend is a pretty strong word.  The guy had an incredible season, but I'm not sure if he's a legendary player like those with their numbers in the rafters.  I'd venture to say that the majority of people in Boston have no idea who he is, but name or by sight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No.

No one had 100 mph slap shots when they played.

TT set an ALL TIME SV% record for the regular season and someone said he set one for a 16 win Cup win too.

Posted by red75

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas has vezinas, Cup, con smythe all earned single handed versis teams that were better than boston.  gary cheevers had two cups on a power house team with orr plus a famous face masks case closed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

timmy thomas has vezinas, Cup, con smythe all earned single handed versis teams that were better than boston.  gary cheevers had two cups on a power house team with orr plus a famous face masks case closed.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

Ya that Gary didn't do a thing for those Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : Ya that Gary didn't do a thing for those Bruins.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I don't know if Gary ever won the con smythe either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : I never saw Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle or Joltin' Joe play either, but I'm pretty sure they'd make my all Yankee team.  I doubt there's a single Tigers fan alive who saw Ty Cobb play, but I bet you they all put him on their all-time team.
    Posted by red75

Touche' Red! Good one. However; I haven't drank enough their kool-aid to put them ahead of my boy! lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Legend is a pretty strong word.  The guy had an incredible season, but I'm not sure if he's a legendary player like those with their numbers in the rafters.  I'd venture to say that the majority of people in Boston have no idea who he is, but name or by sight.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS? I challenge you to go out & do a poll. I bet the results will surprise you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : I don't know if Gary ever won the con smythe either.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nope, nor was he the best player in the playoffs either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Think he needs a statue next to Orr's
    Posted by dbg1

I agree, modeled after "The Save"

or "The Check"?

Sections
Shortcuts