Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend

Tim Thomas set the bar that all goalies in future playoffs will be measured.
    That was a perfromance we may never see again, seriously that was iconic and epic.
    What a season and remember his first game this year against Pheonix? shutout...last game,shutout, thats awesome!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend

You could put goalie equipment on TT in any decade and he would fit right in. He's that good. What can you say. Stanley Cup Champ, Conn Smyth and Veznia (has to be him). And he does it all with a grin ! TT is da goalie...Go B's Go !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend:
    Tim Thomas set the bar that all goalies in future playoffs will be measured. That was a perfromance we may never see again, seriously that was iconic and epic. What a season and remember his first game this year against Pheonix? shutout...last game,shutout, thats awesome!
    Posted by kelvana33

kel historic 4 series. no-matter what anyone says Thomas played well in every series and saved his best for last. thomas's series against Vancouver will go down as the bench-mark of big game goaltending. he frustrated some of the most offensively talented players in the world and u could see that in this series versus the canucks. the sedin's every other word was about Thomas after games and u could see it on the ice too. Thomas would come up with a big save after big save and when the bruins would finally break though and score u could see the shoulders of the canucks players slump lower and lower!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSTON-GREG. Show BOSTON-GREG's posts

TT IS & ALWAYS WILL BE A SAINT IN BOSTON!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Epic, Awesome & clearly the Best is Timmy Thomas! You deserve everything you get except the insults from the nonbelievers!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Its almost inconceivable.  Thomas' playoff performance, ESPECIALLY that in the finals, will be next to impossible to match.  I cant wait until his movie comes out, and I hope he plays himself in it.  He is more than a legend, he is what legends are made of.  Goalies will be compared to him for DECADES to come.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Always liked Timmy... many of us defended him here over the past few years... but to those who doubted him, your concerns were understandable. I am just glad we stuck with him and it paid off.  I am besides myself this morning... downright giddy sitting here at work.  I have my mini TT helmet hanging in my office... can't take my eyes off it.  WHEW!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigMonty. Show bigMonty's posts

couldnt agree more! TT reminds me so much of my former favorite player (Sorry Bourquie, Timmy took over that spot), humble, hard working, doesnt talk smack, and just enjoys playing the game of hockey.

He is and always will be an icon in Boston Sports!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

bandwagon thomas fans are still welcome anytime lol. timmy thomas is proofed now to be the greatest goaler in bruins history.   gary cheevers who???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I have to admit after the first two losses I wanted to put Rask in .I liked TT but thougt he was so-so in those first two games.Overall,though ,this year TT displayed the best goaltending I have ever seen.The Bruins have had notoriously bad goalies ,it really was the team's downfall in the playoffs for years.I can now watch hockey the rest of my life in peace.We have our Cup!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

wow dallas, i'm amazed at your lack of faith in TT. How in the world can you blame a guy who allowed just 4 goals in 2 games on the road v. the No. 1 team in points in the NHL....wow, still calling for Rask after all he did to get his team that far...truly amazing how people kicked the tires of both Julien and Thomas, the whipping boys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

This is the best time I have ever had while hungover at work!!!

I admit I doubted TT.  Like many others I just didn't think he could deliver the way he did.  I recall an earlier post (pre playoffs) where I didn't want to talk about Vezina's or any other trophy aside from the Stanley Cup and the Conn Smythe.  Well I guess it is time to talk!!!!

TT delivered like no other goalie in the history of the game and I'm downright speechless and so thankful he is on our side.  I owe TT an apology for ever doubting him and the entire Bruins roster will now have lifetime immunity from any form of scrutiny coming from myself.

June 15 will be a Bruins International holiday for the rest of my life thanks to TT and this great collection of talent and character called the Boston Bruins.  Today, the Bruins are the best team on Earth!

PC, Cam, CJ....the team, the trainers, the fans..... I love all of you!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Liked the guy from day 1 just because of his competitiveness and never give up on a puck attitude.

He'll definitely be a Bruins Legend, despite not getting into the Hall of Fame (not enough years in the league) or having his number raised to the rafters.

I'll guarantee though, his number will be worn by many a fan........for as long as the NHL lives in Boston.

Couldn't be happier for such a great goalie......and person!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Rarely post here (primarily Pats and Celts fan) but I simply cannot refrain from commenting.  I've been a Boston sports fan all my life (Bill Russell was my idle growing up so you can guess my age) and I have never witnessed a more impressive performance by any individual in any professional team sport than the one that Tim Thomas put on in the 2011 playoffs in general and the finals in particular.  The guy have up 8 goals in 7 games against an offensive juggernaut of a team.  That is off the charts amazing.  Well done, Timmy!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Cue Disney.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Greatest single season goaltending performance in the history of the NHL. Thats just a fact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Think he needs a statue next to Orr's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend:
    In Response to Re: Tim Thomas = Boston Sports Legend : Not so sure. If he keeps himself in shape, continues on with his yoga, and preparations in the offseason, his age may be slightly irrelevant because of his style. A player like him, similar to that of Hasek, got better with age.  If he reels of a 3rd Vezina and maybe another cup, say in the next 2-3 years? He's quickly in the discussion. If not, he's essentially the Tim Wakefield of the organization, but more gifted.  Will be long remembered for his character and drive, even if not HOF material.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

agree. just read an article comparing luongo and thomas (just lauhing thinking about the comparison), anyhow, thomas is considered a young 37 because a lot of his hockey was played in other leagues where the seasons are shorter, so his mileage is low for his age. if he puts up a couple of more good years (this year will be tough to beat). he is in the discussion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

on the all time bruins teams say hello to timmy thomas and say goodsbye to gary cheevers. timmy proved his place in bruins history and won the cup almost single handed while cheevers hit behind bobby orr to win and what did cheever have anyway other than a famous mask lol. 

Sections
Shortcuts