Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    Why don't we all forget about Tim Thomas! It wouldn't surprise me if TT's antics raised similar, devisive sentiments in the Bruin's locker room last season. More than a few in that locker room are pleased that he is no longer around, for sure. Hey, Red, it never dawned on me that you were female. Good for you, shame on me. Now, let's talk hockey! We'll save the other stuff for later.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Thanks, Wheats. Ignore him. It's not like he's the foggin' Oracle at Delphi.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Let's stick to the topic. TT never said he was anti-gay. He said he agreed with a view that they shouldn't be allowed to marry. There's a huge difference. 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Difference?  Yes.  Huge?  No.  Be real!

I wish the Thrashers were still around.  They would have given us a couple chicken burgers for Timmy.  He wouldn't even need to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Thomas's statement comes just months after teammate Zdeno Chararecorded a PSA for the You Can Play project and after Shawn Thorntonsaid he would support a gay teammate.

"He isn't playing next year, which means he's not my teammate," a Bruins player who wished to be anonymous told WEEI.com. "Which means I don't have to react to his Facebook posts."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

"I read the news today oh boy about a lucky man who made the grade"...I am not friends with TT on facebook.  I am more concerned about a third line winger, whether or not Hamilton will make the grade, and if the CBA negotiations will be smooth and complete by October.  If I want political, economic, or social understandings I will read Kabuki Democracy, A Life of One's Own and the Welfare State, or Collapse..... How many days before the season starts? 
    Posted by islamorada

You forgot the blogs Drudge Report and Dailykos....heh. Completely agree with you here. Unfortunately, the story is gaining in traction:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401559

This may be around for a while. Ugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The bottom line is this: Chik Fil-A makes one mean chicken sandwich. In N Out Burger has the best burger and fry combo. McDonalds is trying to become Starbucks A lot of old people like to go to Wendy's Five Guys gives you way too many fries, which is a dream come true for the fat. Taco Bell is the next best thing to Tums Burger King 's creepy King mascot could have been a member of the Latin Kings.   
    Posted by lucdufour

Luc, you eat at all the wrong places, buddy.

I don't know how old you are, but it's time to change things up or your body will make you pay soon enough. Doctors and pharmacists must be licking their chops waiting for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/07/tim_thomas_writ.html "I stand with Chick-fil-A". Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay. Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage. “Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.” In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage. “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.” I read the bible wich may surprise many of you but I don't agree with everything in it. My only question is how would Tim react if one of his kids or other family members would were gay? When I was young I was your typical teenager and regretfuly looking back would make comments I am not proud of now. As I got older a family member told me he was gay and guess what I don't think any less of him didn't change a thing still love my uncle like heck. I honestly wonder if TT would feel the same way if he faced a similar situation in his family.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

Hmmmmmm.....doesn't Chick-fil-A sponsor an LPGA tournament?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re:  A liberal will say "This is my opinion on gay marriage/religion/abortion/whatever. If you feel differently, that's okay because we're all free to follow our own beliefs and do what we feel is right for ourselves as individuals."
    Posted by twentyfour

Right....which is why so many tolerant liberals who believe in the freedom to follow ones own beliefs were thrilled at Menino (before he backed off) threatening to not allow Chic-Fil-A to operate in Boston due to their CEO's beliefs. Ditto for the open-minded, tolerant alderman in Chicago.

Supporting an "if you don't believe in what we think you should believe in, you're not allowed to exist at all" mentality isn't tolerance.  (That's different than an individual choosing to boycott an organization, which is A-OK...that's not denying their right to exist at all).

Neither party / ideology has a monopoly on closed-mindedness. I don't know why so many liberals try to claim it's the "other guys".

The whole Chic-Fil-A thing is stupid and overblown, which is why it makes perfect sense that Tim Thomas would feel the need to weigh in on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views. If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right? You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right? How about Polygamy? How about sharia law? Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable. Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position. It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to  "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.
    Posted by JWensink

Classic mistake. Here's the thing, JWensink:
    The argument is for more freedom of choice. If someone wants to marry someone of the same sex, you can be grossed out by it if you want, but you shouldn't be able to stop them. Just like racists are allowed to be racist, but they're not allowed to harm people of other races.
    This is a different proposition from "Sharia law," as that would be restriction of freedom.
    The point is people like you feel you get to decide who has the freedom to do what. You embrace freedom... on your terms. When someone else claims freedom to do something you don't want, you say it's infringement on yours, which is bogus. THAT is what people bash people like Thomas for: being all "YAY AMERICA! YAY FREEDOM! ...Buuuuuuutttt I don't like what YOU'RE doing, so you can't do that," instead of embracing that the freedom that allows you to do what you want also allows others to do what they want.
    I want to coexist in a world with ALL people, including people like Thomas. But actively trying to restrict the freedom of others, as Thomas advocates, is not acceptable behavior in such a society.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : We we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we hope this doesn't hurt your feelings.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

In the regular season you would never have posted a reply as lame as this.

Seriously, this is on the level of "I know you are, but what am I?"

NAS, you need to get back on your game.  Sharpen it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I am bruins fan in the usa and don't feel the same way as you do at all about 49's comment speak for yourself.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

i never spoke for anyone else. gay marriage is legal im massachusetts. that is a fact. don't really know how saying that is speaking for someone else.....idiot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

unfortunately, someone that i ignore was responded to so i had to see their post. This isn't people supporting marriage as defined by the bible. This is banning people you don't like from doing something. If we support the bibles version of marriage, the following would be true:

if a married man who has an unmarried brother dies, his widow must marry his brother.
    if a man rapes a virgin and is caught, he must marry her.

yay bible

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

One of the better tweets in response to TT's Chick-Fil-A support:

"So Tim Thomas supports a traditional interpretation of marriage but not a traditional interpretation of contracts."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Right....which is why so many tolerant liberals who believe in the freedom to follow ones own beliefs were thrilled at Menino (before he backed off) threatening to not allow Chic-Fil-A to operate in Boston due to their CEO's beliefs. Ditto for the open-minded, tolerant alderman in Chicago. Supporting an "if you don't believe in what we think you should believe in, you're not allowed to exist at all" mentality isn't tolerance.  (That's different than an individual choosing to boycott an organization, which is A-OK...that's not denying their right to exist at all). Neither party / ideology has a monopoly on closed-mindedness. I don't know why so many liberals try to claim it's the "other guys". The whole Chic-Fil-A thing is stupid and overblown, which is why it makes perfect sense that Tim Thomas would feel the need to weigh in on it.
    Posted by Kennedy97

I hesitated to classify it as liberal vs conservative when I posted, but I couldn't think of a better distinction. I happen to I agree that people have gone totally insane in either direction...there are fringe liberals that make me roll my eyes over how far they take their beliefs, just like there are conservatives that go way too far the other direction.  And you're right, both sides can be close-minded.  What bothers me is that those on the conservative side make arguments that are based on what God had to say (when not everyone on the planet believes in that particular god...if any).  They refuse to understand that they come across as trying to force their beliefs on everyone else.  There doesn't seem to be any room for allowing people to make up their own minds based on their own beliefs.

Personally, if someone doesn't believe in what that particular restaurant is saying in their press releases then it's up to them to boycott the restaurant.  It shouldn't become about entire cities banning them or whatever.  American society has gotten so reactive and touchy...it's bordering on the ridiculous.  Instead of being able to talk about our differences in a rational and well-considered way, people just attack each other.  I'm perfectly capable of agreeing to disagree as long as everyone can be civil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Classic mistake. Here's the thing, JWensink: The argument is for more freedom of choice. If someone wants to marry someone of the same sex, you can be grossed out by it if you want, but you shouldn't be able to stop them. Just like racists are allowed to be racist, but they're not allowed to harm people of other races. This is a different proposition from "Sharia law," as that would be restriction of freedom. The point is people like you feel you get to decide who has the freedom to do what. You embrace freedom... on your terms. When someone else claims freedom to do something you don't want, you say it's infringement on yours, which is bogus. THAT is what people bash people like Thomas for: being all "YAY AMERICA! YAY FREEDOM! ...Buuuuuuutttt I don't like what YOU'RE doing, so you can't do that," instead of embracing that the freedom that allows you to do what you want also allows others to do what they want. I want to coexist in a world with ALL people, including people like Thomas. But actively trying to restrict the freedom of others, as Thomas advocates, is not acceptable behavior in such a society.
    Posted by TommyD603

First off Mr lack of brain power -

I never said I was opposed to same sex marriage - I'M NOT. I could care less what consenting adults do. It's none of anyone's business- including and most importantly the Fed Government. What I am opposed to is hypocrisy.

People like you want to move the line of what THEY consider to 'be acceptable behavior" and then have everyone else conform or else be labeled as homophobic, racist, intolerant, etc..Which you have done with your response. You use the term "freedom of choice" as a way of changing what is and is not acceptable based purely on your own views. You have become the very thing you rail against. The "freedom of choice" you describe does not include those who have opposing views- like TT. There is a cultural meltdown in this country, and I've seen enough.

We have reached a point where the man that stands up and states that marriage should be between a man and a woman is viewed is an extremist nutjob.

The same people who advocate same sex marriage, and trumpet the virtues of freedom of choice- are also the same ones who will make it illegal to buy a large soda, or own a toilet that uses too much water. It's about control, and has got nothing to do with freedom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Rather than doing whatever possible to prevent a restaurant (say, Chick-Fil-A) from opening in a given city, it's far better to let them open, let people 'vote with their dollars', and have said restaurant wonder why their sales in a given location are (say) 20% lower than in other cities, when the CEO is shouting his personal opinions on divisive issues to anyone who will listen (and many people who would rather not).

To me, it's all about being tolerant of those who have different opinions, and being mature enough to stand up and take responsibility when you air those opinions in a public forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Difference?  Yes.  Huge?  No.  Be real! I wish the Thrashers were still around.  They would have given us a couple chicken burgers for Timmy.  He wouldn't even need to play.
    Posted by schlich

I'm the one who is commenting on an actual quote & ur telling me to be real? I'm not the one who's adding their own twist to the story here bub! There is a HUGE difference between the two. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : First off Mr lack of brain power - I never said I was opposed to same sex marriage - I'M NOT. I could care less what consenting adults do. It's none of anyone's business- including and most importantly the Fed Government. What I am opposed to is hypocrisy. People like you want to move the line of what THEY consider to 'be acceptable behavior" and then have everyone else conform or else be labeled as homophobic, racist, intolerant, etc..Which you have done with your response. You use the term "freedom of choice" as a way of changing what is and is not acceptable based purely on your own views. You have become the very thing you rail against. The "freedom of choice" you describe does not include those who have opposing views- like TT. There is a cultural meltdown in this country, and I've seen enough. We have reached a point where the man that stands up and states that marriage should be between a man and a woman is viewed is an extremist nutjob. The same people who advocate same sex marriage, and trumpet the virtues of freedom of choice- are also the same ones who will make it illegal to buy a large soda, or own a toilet that uses too much water. It's about control, and has got nothing to do with freedom.
    Posted by JWensink

key word here is behavior. people should be judged on what they do. they shouldn't be judged because of what they are. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So nobody wants to respond to my comment on whether (or not) Thomas's mouth is hurting any potential trade value he *might* have had.

Instead you all want to have the amateur hour political discussions/rants and throw in the NAS NASty grams.

We are sick of all of you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So nobody wants to respond to my comment on whether (or not) Thomas's mouth is hurting any potential trade value he *might* have had.

Instead you all want to have the amateur hour political discussions/rants and throw in the NAS NASty grams.

We are sick of all of you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : No, but Svedberg sucks at defending my clothes hamper.
    Posted by red75

Oh what the hell, since no one wants to talk about hockey I might as well take this way off the rails.

So Red, so got Svedberg in your bedroom?  Be careful, you know how he is abouting opening doors at unsportsmanlike moments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

So nobody wants to respond to my comment on whether (or not) Thomas's mouth is hurting any potential trade value he *might* have had. Instead you all want to have the amateur hour political discussions/rants and throw in the NAS NASty grams. We are sick of all of you.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I posted almost the same thing on the "Thomas to Nashville" thread:

And with all these trade scenarios being bantered about, one has to think about the GMs of these teams thinking: "Do I really want this flake on our team?"

Is TT, by virtue of his behaviour over the past year, untradeable?

NHL Coaches & GMs have enough to worry about, do you think they want to conduct weekly damage control on Thomas' rants, too?  Makes one wonder if he's doing all this specifically to damage his marketability around the league, in an ongoing effort to punish the Bruins for some perceived slight related to the White House incident.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Classic mistake. Here's the thing, JWensink: The argument is for more freedom of choice. If someone wants to marry someone of the same sex, you can be grossed out by it if you want, but you shouldn't be able to stop them. Just like racists are allowed to be racist, but they're not allowed to harm people of other races. This is a different proposition from "Sharia law," as that would be restriction of freedom. The point is people like you feel you get to decide who has the freedom to do what. You embrace freedom... on your terms. When someone else claims freedom to do something you don't want, you say it's infringement on yours, which is bogus. THAT is what people bash people like Thomas for: being all "YAY AMERICA! YAY FREEDOM! ...Buuuuuuutttt I don't like what YOU'RE doing, so you can't do that," instead of embracing that the freedom that allows you to do what you want also allows others to do what they want. I want to coexist in a world with ALL people, including people like Thomas. But actively trying to restrict the freedom of others, as Thomas advocates, is not acceptable behavior in such a society.
    Posted by TommyD603
    freedom of speech is great...unless it's reflecting racism or homophobia

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

What I don't understand is how a book that the Romans edited, changed and rewrote in places during the 4th century at the counsel of Nicea, still has so much influence today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I posted almost the same thing on the "Thomas to Nashville" thread: And with all these trade scenarios being bantered about, one has to think about the GMs of these teams thinking: "Do I really want this flake on our team?" Is TT, by virtue of his behaviour over the past year, untradeable? NHL Coaches & GMs have enough to worry about, do you think they want to conduct weekly damage control on Thomas' rants, too?  Makes one wonder if he's doing all this specifically to damage his marketability around the league, in an ongoing effort to punish the Bruins for some perceived slight related to the White House incident.
    Posted by 49-North

My conspiracy theory is the white house thing.

In any event, he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Between the time off and the politics it wouldn't surprise me if he never came back to the NHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

One of the better tweets in response to TT's Chick-Fil-A support: "So Tim Thomas supports a traditional interpretation of marriage but not a traditional interpretation of contracts."
    Posted by 49-North

Perfect.

Sections
Shortcuts