Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    [QUOTE]Good luck with your kid.....a little advice.....leave him be and let him find out about the world himself.  Don't fill up his head with the garbage in yours.  Give him a break. -------------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Little advice. Don't talk about my kid.

The world is a cruel, unfair place and doing what I do, I have a front row seat to it. My kid is going to grow up in a much more diverse world than I did, and I will do my best to prepare him for it. I grew up in a house where my father and grandfather shared the same thought process as Archie Bunker. I've sheilded all my kids from that kind of mind set. Like I said, when he hits the work force, theres a good chance he could be up against people who got extra points on a test becasue of the color of their skin. It happens now. Now is that being a racist or a realist? I don't live in Fantasy land, and when you suggest I have rocks in my head, tell that to the black family who is out with there 2 year old son today becasue I beat the ambulance to there apartment complex  and performed CPR on him two weeks ago. That boy is alive today with a perfectly functioning brain because I don't have rocks in my head.

Now go back to talking about how the Sox can trade a rehabbing John Lackey and a 89mph throwing Josh Beckett.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Little advice. Don't talk about my kid. The world is a cruel, unfair place and doing what I do, I have a front row seat to it. My kid is going to grow up in a much more diverse world than I did, and I will do my best to prepare him for it. I grew up in a house where my father and grandfather shared the same thought process as Archie Bunker. I've sheilded all my kids from that kind of mind set. Like I said, when he hits the work force, theres a good chance he could be up against people who got extra points on a test becasue of the color of their skin. It happens now. Now is that being a racist or a realist? I don't live in Fantasy land, and when you suggest I have rocks in my head, tell that to the black family who is out with there 2 year old son today becasue I beat the ambulance to there apartment complex  and performed CPR on him two weeks ago. That boy is alive today with a perfectly functioning brain because I don't have rocks in my head. Now go back to talking about how the Sox can trade a rehabbing John Lackey and a 89mph throwing Josh Beckett.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    What you do Kel I consider your profession along with the military personal to be the "true hero's" to look up to! You're the type who truly deserves $3.5 mill. Athlete's get paid to entertain & get paid to "throw it all out there!" It's people such as you & shupe who really "throw it all out there!" you walk on a tightrope everyday you work. FWIW- Thank You! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]trying to get a bigot to understand something is like trying to get a rock to understand something. -------------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool  

Why do you and your fellow Red Sox posters feel the need to come in here everytime Tim Thomas posts something on Facebook?

I'll give you some topics to go back in Red Sox forum to keep you guys busy in there.

1. Were there more players on the juice on the 04 team or the 07 team?
    2. What kind of ketchup did Schilling use to put on his sock?
    3. Whats the over/under on how many runs Lester gives up in the first inning today? Put me down for 6.
    4. How may more times do you think Ortiz will whine about his over 14 million dollar contract? Cause I gotta tell ya, it was tough working 16 hours on my day off yesterday knowing this economy, he has to get by on that. Brutal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : These are just words. There is no content to back up these statements. You are an empty-minded person.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

"Pretty much everything we've made progress on as a society has been done by ignoring religious doctrine... "   Posted by Olsonic

You have already provided all the content. That is a sad, spiritually vacant and factually ignorant comment. It is as far removed from reality as one can get.

Coming from someone with such a distorted view of the free world that we are fortunate enough to live in , I'll take "empty-minded" as a compliment

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : "Pretty much everything we've made progress on as a society has been done by ignoring religious doctrine... " You have already provided all the content. That is a sad, spiritually vacant and factually ignorant comment. It is as far removed from reality as one can get. Coming from someone with such a distorted view of the free world that we are fortunate enough to live in , I'll take "empty-minded as a compliment
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I enjoy it when the bible thumpers tell me that I'm "as far from reality as one can get" when I express skepticism that an all-powerful spirit in the clouds reads our thoughts, occasionally grants us wishes, and will one day come back from the dead and rapture all of the members of his cult to a place of complete happiness and leave the rest to burn in fire for eternity. 

Sounds like a fairy tale to me. Sadly, you buy into it, never question it, and call people that don't buy into your bs-story "intolerant". Sorry, I won't sit idly by while fanciful children such as yourself attempt to make other Americans obey the worldview outlined in an obvious work of fiction.

If you want to argue that although religion is complete bs, it gives many people a sense of community and social structure, which is a good thing... I could grant you a few of those points. Unfortunately, you haven't made any of those points so we can't openly prosecute them.

As far as specifically Christianity standing in the way of progress, let's just say that from understanding the cosmos, to slavery, biology, to stem cell research, to contraceptive use, to women's rights, to the inquisition, to burning "heretics" for causing rainstorms, for exposing epileptics suffering from "demonic possession" to exorcisms, to the demonization or normal sexual behavior whilst covering up a massive network of pedophiles enslaving orphan children, the history of the Christian faith and its respective establishment has not helped rid us from the very evil that it fears so much.

Don't even get me started on Islam. Let's just say I'm thankful that Christianity at least went through a reformation and produced a new book that is less violent than the previous book; therefore, the consequences for delusional fundamental religious beliefs in the western world are generally more socially aggreeable than literalist Islam and it's brigade of bomb-strapped aspiring martyrs headed into crowds of children whist accompanied by the literal anticipation of paradise and virgins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : First off Mr lack of brain power - I never said I was opposed to same sex marriage - I'M NOT. I could care less what consenting adults do. It's none of anyone's business- including and most importantly the Fed Government. What I am opposed to is hypocrisy. People like you want to move the line of what THEY consider to 'be acceptable behavior" and then have everyone else conform or else be labeled as homophobic, racist, intolerant, etc..Which you have done with your response. You use the term "freedom of choice" as a way of changing what is and is not acceptable based purely on your own views. You have become the very thing you rail against. The "freedom of choice" you describe does not include those who have opposing views- like TT. There is a cultural meltdown in this country, and I've seen enough. We have reached a point where the man that stands up and states that marriage should be between a man and a woman is viewed is an extremist nutjob. The same people who advocate same sex marriage, and trumpet the virtues of freedom of choice- are also the same ones who will make it illegal to buy a large soda, or own a toilet that uses too much water. It's about control, and has got nothing to do with freedom.

I applogize for mistaking your stance on gay marriage. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth.
    With that said, you spoke to my over all point yourself: "I could care less what consenting adults do. It's none of anyone's business- including and most importantly the Fed Government." I 100% agree with this statement. Which is why when someone essentially says "I don't think gay people should be allowed to get married to each other," people freak out a little because they're like "Who the hell are you to tell anyone what to do?" And then when their argument is backed up with religion, it's like "Ok, but your religious beliefs and government policy are different things. We want it like that. That's part of what the 1st ammendment says, so you need to give a tangible reason this is hurting society substantially enough that would justify messing with people's personal lives in order to protect everyone else." And there isn't one, so people tear down the idea.
    So, yeah, people go over board some times and they're wrong if they pretend that someone doesn't have the right to feel any way they choose... they do. They're reactionary because they know that sometimes people try to make stuff like that into laws, and they have to compete in the marketplace of ideas, so they try to do whatever they can to win when they think it's repugnant to freedom. That doesn't make personal attacks that have nothing to do with the idea ok, but a line of thinking could easily go "Hey, this person doesn't think gay people should be allowed to get married, even though he has no right to make that decision for them, therefore he is homophobic,"  and that makes perfect sense. So calling someone who says that a "homophobe" isn't really a smear job.
    Do people sometimes cross the line? Absolutely, and it's embarassing. But this isn't one of those times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I enjoy it when the bible thumpers tell me that I'm "as far from reality as one can get" when I express skepticism that an all-powerful spirit in the clouds reads our thoughts, occasionally grants us wishes, and will one day come back from the dead and rapture all of the members of his cult to a place of complete happiness and leave the rest to burn in fire for eternity.  Sounds like a fairy tale to me. Sadly, you buy into it, never question it, and call people that don't buy into your bs-story "intolerant". Sorry, I won't sit idly by while fanciful children such as yourself attempt to make other Americans obey the worldview outlined in an obvious work of fiction. If you want to argue that although religion is complete bs, it gives many people a sense of community and social structure, which is a good thing... I could grant you a few of those points. Unfortunately, you haven't made any of those points so we can't openly prosecute them. As far as specifically Christianity standing in the way of progress, let's just say that from understanding the cosmos, to slavery, biology, to stem cell research, to contraceptive use, to women's rights, to the inquisition, to burning "heretics" for causing rainstorms, for exposing epileptics suffering from "demonic possession" to exorcisms, the history of the Christian faith and its respective establishment has not helped rid us from the very evil that it fears so much. Don't even get me started on Islam. Let's just say I'm thankful that Christianity at least went through a reformation and produced a new book that is less violent than the previous book; therefore, the consequences for delusional fundamental religious beliefs in the western world are generally more socially aggreeable than literalist Islam and it's brigade of bomb-strapped aspiring martyrs headed into crowds of children.

When did I say that I believed everything in the bible, was a religious person,or was opposed to same sex marriage?

so really, w t f are you talking about ? Just because I think your a brain washed pseudo intellectual liberal doesn't mean I support any of the nonsense you're mindlessly rambling about.

Let me know when you find the quotes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views. If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right? You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right? How about Polygamy? How about sharia law? Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable. Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position. It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to  "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.

bump. 

If you feel straw-manned, great, I'm happy you're less of a bible thumper than I pegged you for. But the person you are supporting (Tim Thomas) Is a bible thumper, and his position needs to be attacked as such.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : bump.  If you feel straw-manned, great, I'm happy you're less of a bible thumper than I pegged you for. But the person you are supporting (Tim Thomas) Is a bible thumper, and his position needs to be attacked as such.

Case closed

Maybe someday you'll become enlightened enough to see the irony in your "attacks" ...Obviously you're not there yet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Case closed Maybe someday you'll become enlightened enough to see the irony in your "attacks" ...Obviously you're not there yet

How is this case closed? You did nothing there but cut and paste something I said and then claim victory... what are you talking about?

I went out of my way to undermine the religious defense that Tim Thomas and the social conservatives are using to protest gay marriage rights. You've made no such effort to support TT after vilifying several posters for calling him out.

What am I missing here? Do you just not like it when people attack other people's beliefs?

This sounds like some libertarian/relatavist/everyone-is-equally-wrong type stuff?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

The state issues licences for hunting, driving, barbering, hairstyling, plumbing, electrician, crane operators, and marriage. It can't discriminate by reason of sex, religion, ethnicity or sexual preference for all but one. That would seem disciminatory on its face. So why should the issuance of one class of licence be based on a discrimination not allowed on any other?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I enjoy it when the bible thumpers tell me that I'm "as far from reality as one can get" when I express skepticism that an all-powerful spirit in the clouds reads our thoughts, occasionally grants us wishes, and will one day come back from the dead and rapture all of the members of his cult to a place of complete happiness and leave the rest to burn in fire for eternity.  Sounds like a fairy tale to me. Sadly, you buy into it, never question it, and call people that don't buy into your bs-story "intolerant". Sorry, I won't sit idly by while fanciful children such as yourself attempt to make other Americans obey the worldview outlined in an obvious work of fiction. If you want to argue that although religion is complete bs, it gives many people a sense of community and social structure, which is a good thing... I could grant you a few of those points. Unfortunately, you haven't made any of those points so we can't openly prosecute them. As far as specifically Christianity standing in the way of progress, let's just say that from understanding the cosmos, to slavery, biology, to stem cell research, to contraceptive use, to women's rights, to the inquisition, to burning "heretics" for causing rainstorms, for exposing epileptics suffering from "demonic possession" to exorcisms, to the demonization or normal sexual behavior whilst covering up a massive network of pedophiles enslaving orphan children, the history of the Christian faith and its respective establishment has not helped rid us from the very evil that it fears so much. Don't even get me started on Islam. Let's just say I'm thankful that Christianity at least went through a reformation and produced a new book that is less violent than the previous book; therefore, the consequences for delusional fundamental religious beliefs in the western world are generally more socially aggreeable than literalist Islam and it's brigade of bomb-strapped aspiring martyrs headed into crowds of children whist accompanied by the literal anticipation of paradise and virgins.

I find your kind of argument so exasperating. Firstly, let's get the "labelling me" out of the way. Im neither actively involved religiously or a right wing "nut job" as some like to call them. I am however a libertarian and do not really have "a horse in this race" other than TT has the right to say what he wants and the CEO of Chick-fil-a does as well. And in many cases same-sex unions and marriages can take place as well. Thank "god" for our freedoms eh?

So let's have a little history lesson here friend. So will you describe the tolerant, judicious, progressive environment that your secular society produced in the 1800's in the United States? I'll do it for you: One with child labor, slavery, far less gender equality than we have today, and a dramatically inferior educational system. Do you know what became the impetus of change for those ills? Yes, its called the 2nd Great Awakening. A religious movement in the United States. From that religious movement came the direction, leadership, inspiration and often direct involvement in the Temperence Movement, Suffrage Movement, Public School Movement, and Abolitionist Movement. Amazing stuff for some lame-brain, intolerant, religious freaks to be involved with huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]So will you describe the tolerant, judicious, progressive environment that your secular society produced in the 1800's in the United States? I'll do it for you: One with child labor, slavery, far less gender equality than we have today, and a dramatically inferior educational system. Do you know what became the impetus of change for those ills? Yes, its called the 2nd Great Awakening. A religious movement in the United States. From that religious movement came the direction, leadership, inspiration and often direct involvement in the Temperence Movement, Suffrage Movement, Public School Movement, and Abolitionist Movement. Amazing stuff for some lame-brain religious freaks to be involved with huh?
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

1st of all, just the term "progressive" implies that things were once worse. The founding fathers set up an unparalleled framework for our social structure thats been leaned on heavily as we've built a more stable and just society. Props to them.

2nd of all, I have no doubt that many self-identified religious people participated in the temperance movement, sufferage movement, abolitionist movement, etc. However, they didn't do so by literally adhering to their religious texts, they did so by relaxing their literalist views of scripture after certain biblical demands became untenable (such as the Old/New testaments obvious endorsement of slavery and women's inferiority).

I would call the relaxing of scriptural literalism as "secular pressure".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Case closed Maybe someday you'll become enlightened enough to see the irony in your "attacks" ...Obviously you're not there yet

This post is bang on JWen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : This post is bang on JWen.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

feel free to explain what I'm missing here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : How is this case closed? You did nothing there but cut and paste something I said and then claim victory... what are you talking about? I went out of my way to undermine the religious defense that Tim Thomas and the social conservatives are using to protest gay marriage rights. You've made no such effort to support TT after vilifying several posters for calling him out. What am I missing here? Do you just not like it when people attack other people's beliefs? This sounds like some libertarian/relatavist/everyone-is-equally-wrong type stuff?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE] \

You mean gay marriage- right?

Like I said, you're just not there yet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book :  \ You mean gay marriage- right? Like I said, you're just not there yet

Is this just a gut feeling you have? You seem unable to muster anything that resembles a reason to support Tim Thomas' position on gay marriage rights. Are the reasons that I am wrong unexplainable in actual words?

This is a discussion forum. If you want credit for a position, you actually have to take the time to outline it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : 1st of all, just the term "progressive" implies that things were once worse. The founding fathers set up an unparalleled framework for our social structure thats been leaned on heavily as we've built a more stable and just society. Props to them. 2nd of all, I have no doubt that many self-identified religious people participated in the temperance movement, sufferage movement, abolitionist movement, etc. However, they didn't do so by literally adhering to their religious texts, they did so by relaxing their literalist views of scripture after certain biblical demands became untenable (such as the Old/New testaments obvious endorsement of slavery and women's inferiority). I would call the relaxing of scriptural literalism as "secular pressure".

Dont you mean:
    A) The Founding Fathers chose not to address certain societal issues (slavery, women's rights, education) when framing the Constitution that religious groups took upon themselves to try to remedy with great success?
    B) What are you even talking about? The 2nd Great Awakening was a rebirth of scriptural adherence and saw a massive explosion of religious assembly and church-going.
    Seriously, your intellectual stubborness is getting in the way of facts my friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Is this just a gut feeling you have? You seem unable to muster anything that resembles a reason to support Tim Thomas' position on gay marriage rights. Are the reasons that I am wrong unexplainable in actual words? This is a discussion forum. If you want credit for a position, you actually have to take the time to outline it.
    I'll pray for you Ols!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I'll pray for you Ols!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Hail Satan!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Dont you mean: A) The Founding Fathers chose not to address certain societal issues (slavery, women's rights, education) when framing the Constitution that religious groups took upon themselves to try to remedy with great success? B) What are you even talking about? The 2nd Great Awakening was a rebirth of scriptural adherence and saw a massive explosion of religious assembly and church-going. Seriously, your intellectual stubborness is getting in the way of facts my friend.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

The founding fathers engineered a system that could, in principle, expand to include equal rights for those not granted social equality at the time. This is because it's inherently progressive (open to further manipulation via voting/free exchange of ideas via free speech)

When you are talking about a "rebirth of scriptural adherence", you are talking about an increase in the veracity of the religious movement, an increase in prothletising, not an increase in a literal interpretation of the bible because that would be logically inconsistent for the following reason:

The bible explicity endorses slavery. Therefore, a "religious" movement that contributes to freeing slaves is, by definition, a departure from the social structure outlined in the bible itself. The same thing goes for women's rights.

Sure, a religious person can do what most do and say, "You don't need to believe everything in the bible", but again, this is because of secular tools (such as science) have exposed many passages in ancient scripture to disbelief. It also brings up a much more obvious point: Why did God get his own book wrong when it comes to one of the easiest moral questions we've ever had to answer (Is it right to own people and trade them like farm equipment?)

Also, when the typical religious person chooses to reject certain passages in the bible (such as those in exodus endorsing slavery), and cherry-pick the good parts like the golden rule, it blatantly shows that the true arbiter of morality exists in the brain, not in the book.

As far as my intellectual stubborness: pot, meet kettle.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The great thing about Tiny Tim's self destruction over the past year and the B's early exit from the playoffs is that kids in New England will be spared being told that this silly jackasss is some kind of hero.  Better he end his time here in Boston in ridicule and disgrace -- all of which is his own doing.  The nitwits still defending him will disagree with that, of course....but at this point, you can pretty much put all of Tiny Tim's supporters in a phone booth.  Tight squeeze of right wingnuts/dopes.  Keep it up Tiny.....at least he's good for a few laughs at this pont....I know that I'm enjoying it all. ----------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool  

Why are you here?