Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

Wouldnt we all put a succesfull NHL career on hold to stand with Chick-fil-A?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It's kind of sad to see this guy completely destroying his legacy in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

scratch that, i hope he donates all his money to try to get Sarah Palin elected. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    It's kind of sad to see this guy completely destroying his legacy in Boston.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Isn't it? Seriously, in just over a year he went from being one of the best sports stories I've ever seen to being.....i don't even know what to call it.

Few players in my 30 plus years of watching hockey did I enjoy watching more, rooting for etc..Now, here we are, shaking our heads at what he posts on Facebook while hoping a team in need of reaching the cap floor will take him off the Bruins hands.

Un-freaking-beleivable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goaler82. Show Goaler82's posts

I was a TT supporter until today. I don't care about his politics. I was more upset about the White House snub because he let down his teammates not because of the politics involved. But today was TT going over the cliff. This isn't politics. This is supporting blatant homophobia. I assume TT never eats shrimp because the bible is against that too. I hope TT never plays another game in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Tim Thomas needs to go away and never come back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wouldnt we all put a succesfull NHL career on hold to stand with Chick-fil-A ? Posted by kelvana33

If Chick-fil-A needed help with a recipe to combat McNuggets ? Yah I would help lol...

I feel like allot of people who have reached celebrity status of some kind, athletes or entertainers. Need to bring attention to themselves somehow, Facebook and Twitter have be known now to be very bad for insecure celebrities who were left in their crib to long as a kid and now need to find a way to get attention in the wrong way.

I'm immune to idiot celebrities putting their foots right in their yappers online or in interviews becuase it happens day n night. Thomas is a classic case of this type of behavior of "feeling left out". I don't hate Thomas, I just don't want to have to think about him anymore once Chiarelli completes trade. Rant over!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Now we learn the real rift.  CJ is a KFC guy (I've seen the picture) while TT is a Chick-fil-A guy.  Irreconcilable differences.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Hmm... gay marriage is legal in Canada; has been for quite some time.  And yet, amazingly, despite the horrible threat which it poses to my "traditional" marriage, my wife and I have been going strong for almost 23 years.  Equally amazingly, despite the presence of same-sex marriages occurring in my city, I haven't felt compelled to leave my wife and take up with a guy. 

And despite being stated in the Ten Commandments that "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me", and the presence of people living in the U.S. who don't believe in the Christian God, people like Tim don't feel the need to become Muslim, Buddhists or Jewish.  Perhaps, just maybe, people who have different views on life can actually co-exist in the same place? 

Now there's a tenet worth embracing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

Hmm... gay marriage is legal in Canada; has been for quite some time.  And yet, amazingly, despite the horrible threat which it poses to my "traditional" marriage, my wife and I have been going strong for almost 23 years.  Equally amazingly, despite the presence of same-sex marriages occurring in my city, I haven't felt compelled to leave my wife and take up with a guy.  And despite being stated in the Ten Commandments that "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me", and the presence of people living in the U.S. who don't believe in the Christian God, people like Tim don't feel the need to become Muslim, Buddhists or Jewish.  Perhaps, just maybe, people who have different views on life can actually co-exist in the same place?  Now there's a tenet worth embracing.
    Posted by 49-North

It feels like you're trying to bash The US/us bruins fans here. You do realize gay marriage is legal in massachusetts right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hmm... gay marriage is legal in Canada; has been for quite some time.  And yet, amazingly, despite the horrible threat which it poses to my "traditional" marriage, my wife and I have been going strong for almost 23 years.  Equally amazingly, despite the presence of same-sex marriages occurring in my city, I haven't felt compelled to leave my wife and take up with a guy.  And despite being stated in the Ten Commandments that "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me", and the presence of people living in the U.S. who don't believe in the Christian God, people like Tim don't feel the need to become Muslim, Buddhists or Jewish.  Perhaps, just maybe, people who have different views on life can actually co-exist in the same place?  Now there's a tenet worth embracing.
    Posted by 49-North

Your alot stronger than me. I don't know how much longer I can fend off these guys and the urges.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Posted by 49-North

What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views

And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views.

If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view

TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right?

You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right?

How about Polygamy?

How about sharia law?

Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable.

Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position.
    It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to
     "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Your alot stronger than me. I don't know how much longer I can fend off these guys and the urges.
    Posted by kelvana33

So Thomas has had all of these views inside of him, bubbling, churning, building over the last six months pushing towards the self-reflective sabbatical he's now on?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views. If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right? You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right? How about Polygamy? How about sharia law? Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable. Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position. It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to  "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.
    Posted by JWensink

Exactly how I took his post.

"We should all get along, as long as you embrace my positions. If not, you are a [insert slur here]."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Isn't it? Seriously, in just over a year he went from being one of the best sports stories I've ever seen to being.....i don't even know what to call it. Few players in my 30 plus years of watching hockey did I enjoy watching more, rooting for etc..Now, here we are, shaking our heads at what he posts on Facebook while hoping a team in need of reaching the cap floor will take him off the Bruins hands. Un-freaking-beleivable.
    Posted by kelvana33

No kidding.

I remember grudgingly having to give him credit for what he was accomplishing in 2011, demanding my respect with his play and fending off the Luongo foolishness with grace and humor, and being at Game 4 of the Finals when in the 3rd period, the jumbotron showed that poster someone made of TT in a Superman outfit and the building shook.

I looked at my wife and just had to say, "what a story, is this guy a cult hero or what?"

And in barely  over a year later he's burned his flag worse than Johnny Damon ever could imagine.

It's exaggerated because of all the liberals in New England and their hatred for all people that dare to be conservative, but TT has gone far beyond his polarizing politics.  His antics are just breathtaking.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : No kidding. I remember grudgingly having to give him credit for what he was accomplishing in 2011, demanding my respect with his play and fending off the Luongo foolishness with grace and humor, and being at Game 4 of the Finals when in the 3rd period, the jumbotron showed that poster someone made of TT in a Superman outfit and the building shook. I looked at my wife and just had to say, "what a story, is this guy a cult hero or what?" And in barely  over a year later he's burned his flag worse than Johnny Damon ever could imagine. It's exaggerated because of all the liberals in New England and their hatred for all people that dare to be conservative, but TT has gone far beyond his polarizing politics.  His antics are just breathtaking.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I look forward to the day when we hear some other team's GM say "We're aware of his views but we're more concerned with what he does on the ice than off it."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Wensink, your response to 49-North wins you today's "I Don't Have a Clue" award. The gap between what 49 said and what you *think* 49 said is bigger than Jon Casey's Technicolor five-hole.

As for TT, he can side with whatever chicken he wishes. I don't agree with him, but his statement is worthy of a shoulder shrug and no more. We have more important things to worry about than what a former hockey goalie thinks. 

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views. If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right? You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right? How about Polygamy? How about sharia law? Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable. Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position. It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to  "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.
    Posted by JWensink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

Jeepers. You would think Timmah was James Holmes for expressing his opinion. Could care less what he and the chik fil a CEO think or say. I'm mad at the former for quitting and the latter for closing on Sundays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

So much for respecting others opinions. Big shock why TT wanted out...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : So Thomas has had all of these views inside of him, bubbling, churning, building over the last six months pushing towards the self-reflective sabbatical he's now on?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

i was trying to be funny. i guess it didnt work.

Any guesses as to how long it is before the Red Sox people start to weigh in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thomas is allowed to have an opinion.

Thomas is allowed to voice his opinion.

Being a sports star doesn't silence your voice.  He's in support of marriage as defined by the Bible.  It's not like when Sebastian Bach wore his "Aids Kills Fagz Dead" shirt. 

There are a lot of people who support marriage between a man and a woman only. 

Sections
Shortcuts