Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    Thomas is allowed to have an opinion. Thomas is allowed to voice his opinion. Being a sports star doesn't silence your voice.  He's in support of marriage as defined by the Bible.  It's not like when Sebastian Bach wore his "Aids Kills Fagz Dead" shirt.  There are a lot of people who support marriage between a man and a woman only. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I have to agree Nas, I don't know what the big deal is. I don't know why this is getting blown out of proportion. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm a lesbian who is legally married. I don't really want to to talk about Thomas (and I actually don't give a crap what he said, as it has no impact on my life, I am who I am), but I thought I'd just state the obvious. Take from that what you may.He can have an opinion. I can have my ring. What does any of it matter?

To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only person on this board who has a dog in this fight, and I don't give a crap about what Thomas says on this issue, just like none of you should give a crap about my opinion on this. I say live and let live, and leave it at that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thomas is allowed to have an opinion. Thomas is allowed to voice his opinion. Being a sports star doesn't silence your voice.  He's in support of marriage as defined by the Bible.  It's not like when Sebastian Bach wore his "Aids Kills Fagz Dead" shirt.  There are a lot of people who support marriage between a man and a woman only. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And I'm allowed to have the opinion that I don't care for athletes voicing their political opinions.

My opinion is that athletes should focus on their jobs and not go public with their political opinions because it is my opinion that it distracts them from their occupation.

And that is my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : NO ONE F'ING CARES ABOUT YOUR CHOICES IN THE BEDROOM.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

WTH???? I was actually coming down on TT's side, and you give me this crap? Get a bloody grip. That post had nothing to do with my sexual choices/leanings.I actually siad you shouldn't give a crap about my opinion on this. Were you too lazy to read that far?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : WTH???? I was actually coming down on TT's side, and you give me this crap? Get a bloody grip. That post had nothing to do with my sexual choices/leanings.I actually siad you shouldn't give a crap about my opinion on this. Were you too lazy to read that far?
    Posted by red75

When you start a conversation with "I'm a lesbian who is legally married", it is about your choices.

And we DO NOT CARE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Get an attentuion span that allows you to read more than 7 words.

I may have used different phrasing, but I agreed with the basics of your post while most others did not, and still you want to pick a fight with me? Why? What the hell is your issue?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : When you start a conversation with "I'm a lesbian who is legally married", it is about your choices. And we DO NOT CARE.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I could give a flying foo one way or the other, but I resent the word "we".

Whatever the issue is on any subject you don't speak for me.

I'm sure you will continue to do it.

And I'm sure I'll continue to resent it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Get an attentuion span that allows you to read more than 7 words.
    Posted by red75

I read the entire post.  It doesn't matter what you follow it with, the opening sentence rings out.

You could have easily stated that you agree or disagree without adding in that line.  But you did.  Like you do often. 

And we just simply don't care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There's a silver lining in every dark cloud.

This thread is making it very easy for us ignore trolls.

That's our opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's a topic about gay marriage, one I did not start. Making my obvious bias known out front is certainly relevant. I agree with you on the irrelevance of the issue, but I'm a reporter - no way in hell would I comment on an issue where I am involved to an extent without divulging that upfront. Fine, that ticks you off. To me that is the only ethical choice. And before you say I'm not a journalist on here, I'm not, but ethics are ethics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I could give a flying foo one way or the other, but I resent the word " we ". Whatever the issue is on any subject you don't speak for me. I'm sure you will continue to do it. And I'm sure I'll continue to resent it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Oh, sorry Bhab.  Let me ask you before I include you.

Do you care what Red does in the bedroom?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I barely even care what I do in the bedroom. You're being an obstinat pr!ck, ignoring the fact that on point I AGREE WITH YOu. Get a damn grip, or take your medication.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a topic about gay marriage, one I did not start. Making my obvious bias known out front is certainly relevant. I agree with you on the irrelevance of the issue, but I'm a reporter - no way in hell would I comment on an issue where I am involved to an extent without divulging that upfront. Fine, that ticks you off. To me that is the only ethical choice. And before you say I'm not a journalist on here, I'm not, but ethics are ethics.
    Posted by red75

Well, then, being a journalist, you are fully aware of the power of the first sentence.  In this case, it was about your personal choices.  If you're worth any salt as a journalist, you know this.

Journalistic ethics?  That's the biggest oxymoron I've heard since Paille scored his last goal.

Furthermore, considering how often you feel the need to talk about your sexuality, I can't imagine anyone here isn't aware that you are a female who is married to a female.  Well, not really married, but you went to a ceremony where they told you that you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Threads dedicated to Tim Thomas Facebook posts. Really is a slow summer. Who actually cares about this guys beliefs/opinions? Stop giving him the attention he craves - ignore it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Guess we know where NAS stands on gay marriage. It's a public forum, no one is forcing you to read what Red has to write and no one is attacking you. My sig says it all

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Threads dedicated to Tim Thomas Facebook posts. Really is a slow summer. Who actually cares about this guys beliefs/opinions? Stop giving him the attention he craves - ignore it.
    Posted by Bisson1

Actually, the thread is about how it's not a big deal.

And the last time Thomas posted something controversial on his Facebook page, it was during the season.  It blew this place up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : What a crock -"DIFFERENT VIEWS"  you really mean YOUR views And even more amazingly than that, it's people like you who really get to decide what is acceptable and what is not... because you are in essence stating what everyone should accept based on YOUR own views. If YOU decide to support gay marriage then anybody who disagrees gets attacked for taking such an absurd position - in YOUR view TT the nutjob believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman - right? You think gay marriage should be recognized by the Government- right? How about Polygamy? How about sharia law? Don't like those?  Why not? What's the difference beside the fact that YOU have decided what is acceptable. Then ... what YOU are really saying is that You know what's best for everybody else, and YOU will attack anybody who disagrees with what YOU feel is your enlightened position. It's not any high moral ground you're choosing- it's really about YOU telling everybody how to live based on YOUR own beliefs. You don't want to  "co-exist" with someone like TT- you want him to conform to what you arrogantly believe is best for everybody else.
    Posted by JWensink

Wow, clueless.

Read my comment again, compare it to yours, and compare it TT/Chick's.   Yes, my view is different from theirs.  Yours is different than mine.  My view, however, is INCLUSIVE, yours/theirs is EXCLUSIVE.  I say: "It doesn't matter whether my neighbour is married to a man or a woman -- I will treat them the same as any other couple".  Yours says: "I only believe in one form of marriage -- all others are wrong". 

Our differing views are... quite different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TT has a "right" to say what he feels just as anyone else. He's obviously a Christian & as a Christian you have an obligation to speak up & stand up for the rules of Christianity. Not everybody follows this rule. I'm not saying I agree with him, but I don't judge him by his views. However, what I do not understand is why the guy continue's to stir the pot. 
    He KNOWS he's lost a lot of respect in the sports world because of some of his choice's. Doing this only makes it seem like he's rubbing his "I'll do & say whatever I want" attitude right in our faces! 
    Can't the guy just shut the freak up, take his year off & leave it a lone? WHY does he have to bring this attention to himself. IF he's taking the year off for friends, family & faith. Does he not get that he's putting his friends & family at risk by voicing his opinions on controversal topics! OMG why couldn't my favourite hockey team that finally won another championship; just have normal hockey players on it!! It's like he's doing everything in his power to taint it! For Freak sakes Timmy- Just shut the F UP already! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Wow, clueless. Read my comment again, compare it to yours, and compare it TT/Chick's.   Yes, my view is different from theirs.  Yours is different than mine.  My view, however, is INCLUSIVE, yours/theirs is EXCLUSIVE.  I say: "It doesn't matter whether my neighbour is married to a man or a woman -- I will treat them the same as any other couple".  Yours says: "I only believe in one form of marriage -- all others are wrong".  Our differing views are... quite different.
    Posted by 49-North

Let's say some people decided to play a game with a puck and a banana in the middle of a field, in which 25 players on each side would attempt to roll the puck into a hole in the ground.

And they called it "ice hockey".

I would tell them that what they are doing is not ice hockey, but some other form of something else.  I wouldn't tell them that they couldn't play their game, I'd just let them know that it wasn't really ice hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : i was trying to be funny. i guess it didnt work. Any guesses as to how long it is before the Red Sox people start to weigh in?
    Posted by kelvana33

Trust me.  It did. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I Well, not really married, but you went to a ceremony where they told you that you are.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My supreme court and my governemnt say otherwise

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I look forward to the day when we hear some other team's GM say "We're aware of his views but we're more concerned with what he does on the ice than off it."
    Posted by RichHillOntario

OK, how about talking about hockey relevancy here?

And from my read, other than the OP broaching the subject, RHO is the one who has come closest to hockey relevancy.

The hockey market, the sports market in general is NOT the place where people want to get controversial issues introduced.

You want to take your kid to a game, you'd like your kid to read about batting averages and GAA.

You DON'T want to have your kid read about their sports idols:
    having affairs
    taking drugs
    getting arrested
    behaving badly
    engaging in controversial or political issues such as gay marriage, abortion or whatever flavor of the month problem.

You want to get fannies into seats.
    You want to AVOID any controversial issues that might prevent people buying tickets.

Helping poor people, adopting orphan baby seals, visiting sick kids in hospitals - that's the kind of stories you want, feel good stuff that virtually no one, or very few people get bent out of shape about.

It's what the sports biz is all about and it has been that way since Babe Ruth told some sick kid he would hit a home run for him.  That's the stuff people *like* to remember and NOT the story about Babe Ruth being so loaded that a team mate got him to a game virtually unconscious in a wheel barrow.

Thomas *has* introduced more controversy.
    Controversy is NOT good.

I believe he's made his trade value that much less because now I think he could only go to conservative markets which narrows the field quite a bit.

And even then I think it has to weigh into a GM's mind - "what will he say next?"  He obviously has no problems voicing his opinions, what if he says something *really* nuts that offends virtually everyone?

Any potential trade value he has, has gotten that much less.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People here love to talk about NHL 24/7.  I've never watched it.  I don't have interest in what players do off the ice in respect to conversations, likes, dislikes etc.  Sure, I'm interested when they get arrested.  That's actual news. 

The rest of this stuff is a product of society.  If this was 25 years ago and Ray Bourque had the same opinions and a Facebook page, I wouldn't want to know what he thought about marriage either.

Bunch of hypocrites.  You all want Thomas to shut up, but you all want to get the inside scoop on everything.  You follow these guys on Facebook and on Twitter and are interested in their day to day lives and thoughts, yet when someone says something you disagree with, or more importantly, the liberal media disagrees with, it blows up a car in Vancouver after a preseason, intra-team loss.

Can't have it both ways, folks.  You can't ask a group to talk to you and then be super upset when someone from the group says something you don't like.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Oh, sorry Bhab.  Let me ask you before I include you. Do you care what Red does in the bedroom?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Don't ask and don't include me.  I really prefer to speak for myself.

Do I care what's going on in Red's bedroom?  
    Maybe.  
    She might be shooting her rolled up sox at Lars Volden with a broom and lighting him up.

Sections
Shortcuts