Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883)

Coincidently 15 games ago for Thomas was the game after the White House incident. Not that I'm saying that has anything to do with it, but some may think so.

Gotta respect Thomas for what he did for the Bruins all of last year and during the playoffs winning the Vezina, and pretty much carrying the Bruins all the way to the Stanley Cup. However, with all the injuries the Bruins have had lately it would be ideal if the goaltender could step his game up, instead of significantly lowering his game.

Hope this turns around for the playoffs, but given the Rask situation he may be extra tired... though Turco did look decent, one game against the caps isn't a legitimate test for him.

Really tough to look at the team as it is now, and how they are playing and dictate whether or not they have a chance to make another playoff run because of all the injuries, but they need Thomas to start playing like his old self to get past the likes of the Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, and anyone from the West.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883)

Forgot to mention part of the reason it is so low is because the Defense hasn't been mentally prepared to play hockey since December. They also need to get it going. We know Corvo just doesn't possess the ability to play D in the NHL, but guys like Chara need to improve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883):
    [QUOTE]Coincidently 15 games ago for Thomas was the game after the White House incident. Not that I'm saying that has anything to do with it, but some may think so. Gotta respect Thomas for what he did for the Bruins all of last year and during the playoffs winning the Vezina, and pretty much carrying the Bruins all the way to the Stanley Cup. However, with all the injuries the Bruins have had lately it would be ideal if the goaltender could step his game up, instead of significantly lowering his game. Hope this turns around for the playoffs, but given the Rask situation he may be extra tired... though Turco did look decent, one game against the caps isn't a legitimate test for him. Really tough to look at the team as it is now, and how they are playing and dictate whether or not they have a chance to make another playoff run because of all the injuries, but they need Thomas to start playing like his old self to get past the likes of the Penguins, Rangers, Flyers, and anyone from the West.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

The White House incident has nothing to do with it ...TT has a hip problem and believe me it shows...he is much slower than he was to make his moves he is not the same player with his injury ...unfortunately the B's cannot afford to sit TT but they should cause if TT is not 100% healthy for the playoffs the B's will disappeared after the 1st round

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 is over)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Not A Shot and Kevi think that Thomas has been outstanding and most of the goals allowed are not able to be saved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

TT has not been outstanding. Below average is the correct analysis. I'm not buying the hip issue. If he had that problem Rask would have seen much more play before he got hurt. I'll bite on the WH fiasco. I think he fell in bad times with PC & Cam after that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Thomas hasn't been at his best lately, but I feel like on most of the recent goals he has been hung out to dry.  There have been some soft goals and some unlucky deflections, but the amount of turnovers and sloppy coverage has been the biggest reason for the spike in goals against.

I think the fact the team lost Rask's last 7 starts further proves this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not buying the hip thing or the White House thing frankly.  Like jwb said above, if his hip was bothering him you've got to believe that Rask would get a lot more starts. 

I think the WH thing is more likely to affect the team negatively, not Thomas.  TT can overcome the mental challenge and doesn't let distractions hurt him, but it is possible that some team chemistry was compromised.  Who knows though, I hate even trying to use that as an excuse.

Thomas is definitely playing worse though, not just worse than last year's insane performance, but worse than we've seen him in the spoked-B before.  No more shutouts or stealing of games for him.  He's fightin' it.  I hope he raises his game like he's done before...

You from the 413, jwb?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883):[QUOTE] I'll bite on the WH fiasco. I think he fell in bad times with PC & Cam after that.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

I'm not biting JWB and I'm sure that Cam n PC didn't like the no-show, tea bag award of the year seeking protest as much as allot of fans. There just not enough dirty looks from Boston's GM and President that could quell Thomas's competitive nature. TT also knows that if PC didn't want to re-sign him teams would climb all over themselves to get him so I don't see how any disfavor could affect his mental concentration.

Thomas is a winner who to me just looks worn down right now from too many starts and has been left out to dry by a defense that I have not seen this bad since 2007. I trust Timmah can still find that other level in the playoffs that he has found before but needs some rest that I think that Turco can provide for now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883):
    [QUOTE]I'm not buying the hip thing or the White House thing frankly.  Like jwb said above, if his hip was bothering him you've got to believe that Rask would get a lot more starts.  I think the WH thing is more likely to affect the team negatively, not Thomas.  TT can overcome the mental challenge and doesn't let distractions hurt him, but it is possible that some team chemistry was compromised.  Who knows though, I hate even trying to use that as an excuse. Thomas is definitely playing worse though, not just worse than last year's insane performance, but worse than we've seen him in the spoked-B before.  No more shutouts or stealing of games for him.  He's fightin' it.  I hope he raises his game like he's done before... You from the 413, jwb?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a goaltender get assigned so many bizarre ''reasons" or excuses than Tim Thomas.

I'll say it again.  He's been a streaky goaltender since he stuck with Boston.  He is far, far less erratic than in his early days, but sometimes he gets very cold and gives up soft goals and looks mediocre for a period of time.  Sometimes he gets so hot the B's could win 3 on 5.  It's part of the package you get with the guy.  Its the kind of goalie than can steal you a Cup one year, and pizz you off another month.

But this "its the White House thing!" or every time he looks off its the injury excuse again. Come on.  TT has shown in the past he's not a 65 game goalie like Rinne and Lundqvist... he gets worn out.  He looks gassed and he's not in a groove.  He'll get it together. but enough of the ridiculous White House/hip talk.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The Whitehouse thing is crap. Look it up....TT's mediocre play goes back to early January. His GAA and save % both started going in the wrong direction from then. 

He's just not playing well and there are probably several reasons for it. Tired? Perhaps the long, grueling cup run and a short offseason are catching up with an older goaltender. The D has been so-so in front of him many nights for sure. I don't think he's injured but certainly may have a couple of minor issues that aren't serious but could be a minor contributor to his decline in performance. Who knows? But it's seems clear that giving him a heavy workload isn't improving things so maybe it's time to give him some games off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Stupid statistics... the whole team has been below average since the Vancouver game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as noted above. Tim Thomas "carried" the Bruins to the CUP. It was an exceptional year. There are others like Kreji and Bergeron who are key performers, and the emergence of Seguin has been a sight to see. Most of the time Chara is dependable as are Peverly, Lucic, Marchand  and Horton. Those are your top six, plus. The rest are filling in, or growing into their jobs. This should have been the year of transition to Tuuka, but, Claude, usually, has his own way of directing. He has expected Timmy to "play through" his malaise. That has not happened, and one of the underpinnings of Claude's "system" has eroded. This has then emphasized the defensive mistakes. The forwards were playing cover up consistently in Nov. and Dec., then the injuries started with horton, and have continued with Peverly and the rest. Timmy's athletic style is taxing on his aging[ hockeywise] body. It is probably leading to a transition that Chiarelli hoped to delay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not buying the hip thing or the White House thing frankly.  Like jwb said above, if his hip was bothering him you've got to believe that Rask would get a lot more starts.  I think the WH thing is more likely to affect the team negatively, not Thomas.  TT can overcome the mental challenge and doesn't let distractions hurt him, but it is possible that some team chemistry was compromised.  Who knows though, I hate even trying to use that as an excuse. Thomas is definitely playing worse though, not just worse than last year's insane performance, but worse than we've seen him in the spoked-B before.  No more shutouts or stealing of games for him.  He's fightin' it.  I hope he raises his game like he's done before... You from the 413, jwb?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch I have no idea what the 413 is? The # for me is: 4 the greatest player of all time and 13 the # I played for 15 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883) : I've never seen a goaltender get assigned so many bizarre ''reasons" or excuses than Tim Thomas. I'll say it again.  He's been a streaky goaltender since he stuck with Boston.  He is far, far less erratic than in his early days, but sometimes he gets very cold and gives up soft goals and looks mediocre for a period of time.  Sometimes he gets so hot the B's could win 3 on 5.  It's part of the package you get with the guy.  Its the kind of goalie than can steal you a Cup one year, and pizz you off another month. But this "its the White House thing!" or every time he looks off its the injury excuse again. Come on.  TT has shown in the past he's not a 65 game goalie like Rinne and Lundqvist... he gets worn out.  He looks gassed and he's not in a groove.  He'll get it together. but enough of the ridiculous White House/hip talk.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the way I feel too. Bizarre and ridiculous are two words that hit the nail on the head with some of the ideas of others on TT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he's reacting to the puck instead of attacking the puck(tired? hurt? saving himself?). and his teams not playing well consistently in front of him. a little of this and a little of that = .883 save pct. and not to mention, this could go back as far as 25 games. just gotta find that groove by april, they'll get there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The entire team is reacting to the puck rather than attacking it, most of the time.  I doubt they are all tired.

I'm going to fall back to the analysis I posted a month ago: they look like they are all so concerned with what mistakes their teammates will make that they are not focussed enough on their own jobs.  Thomas won't challenge shooters because he assumes the pass won't be stopped; the defense over-plays the puck looking for the perfect zone exit because they don't trust the forwards to get the puck down the ice; etc.  It's like they have to do that cheesy "fall over backwards and let someone catch you" thing.

As for Thomas being streaky, this is an unusually long, unusually low stretch.  Hopefully that just means it will be followed by an unusually long, unusually high streak.  I can hope, right?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

It's a combination of him being tired and spotty D.

I say rest the guy.  We arent winning the cup with a burnt-out TT regardless of our playoff seed. 

I'd much prefer to go in as the #7 with a healthy/rested TT than go in as a 2 seed with Thomas on fumes.

REST THE GUY!  For goodness sake, NONE of us would have predicted that he would have started both games this last weekend. 

If it was me, I would have given TT Monday off from practice, Id start Turco tonight, and Id give Thomas wednesday off from practice.  Your body heals tremendously when you have multiple days off in a row.  Let his 37 year old body heal!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I wrote here in November that there was no better time to trade Thomas.

As response: Sarcasm and stupid comments from supposed experts on this blog.

Admire the result!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Save % in last 15 games: 88% (.883) : Fletch I have no idea what the 413 is? The # for me is: 4 the greatest player of all time and 13 the # I played for 15 years.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Ha, nevermind jwb...

...it's the area code for western massachusetts.

Bounce back Timmy.   Prove the doubters wrong again.  You against the world, or whatever fuel that crazy brain of yours runs on...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I wrote here in November that there was no better time to trade Thomas. As response: Sarcasm and stupid comments from supposed experts on this blog. Admire the result!
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
     yeah that would have worked out great, no TT, tuukka hurt. hutchinson starts the remainder of the season? turco?

Sections
Shortcuts