Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly

Wow - he was fantastic tonight. The whole team played better but Philly sure looked like they had the jump on the B's all night. Let's see if it carries over tomorrow night. Big Win for the B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly

Is this a joke? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

and that is why it is ridiculous to even consider trading Thomas, like most people at this forum want.  Rask has never been able to steal games like that.  Rask wins when the team plays well, and he loses when the team gets outplayed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

beached whale made some saves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Timmy played an incredible game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly:
    [QUOTE]and that is why it is ridiculous to even consider trading Thomas, like most people at this forum want.  Rask has never been able to steal games like that.  Rask wins when the team plays well, and he loses when the team gets outplayed.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

You must have missed the florida game  & the Montreal game last season.

Thomas was great tonight though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly : You must have missed the florida game  & the Montreal game last season. Thomas was great tonight though.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Plenty of Tuukka highlights on you tube from the Buffalo playoff series as well Newfie. Timmah was on FIYAH saved the Bruins many times tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey Newfie. I know we have our differences about the TT situation & that won't change. However, I will say that Rask's record doesn't show his play. I think with the exception of his last game the kid's been great & he will be great. My whole concern though is if the goalie's don't stand on their heads this team is in trouble every single game they play! Tonight? The B's didn't play well. Sure they may have played better. They certainly are not a team that has been playing like a contender that we all hope & think they are! TT almost was his own worst enemy tonight on the first shift of the game, but he was outstanding  AGAIN! The games he has lost this season? For the most part he still played very well, but he wasn't spectacular. Same with Rask. He was spectacular in the Flordia game you mention. He was very good in most games he's been in. I mean lets take a look at something. Halek last year was as spectacular as as goalie could be in the play-offs. However, to ask a goalie to do this for 4 rounds in the play-offs night in & night out is way too much. Even if you have a 2 goalie system where both of them play lights out would get burned out!
    Far too many quality scoring chances are being given up by this team. Something needs fixing & if it ain't behind the bench, then I don't know what else it can be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly:
    [QUOTE]Wow - he was fantastic tonight. The whole team played better but Philly sure looked like they had the jump on the B's all night. Let's see if it carries over tomorrow night. Big Win for the B's!
    Posted by logeseats[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- Hop the plane quick and get out of Philly. Need to keep it rolling tomorrow. Hopefully CJ will leave TT in the net. If I'm not mistaken -- he hasen't allowed Thomas in back-to back on consecutive nights yet this year.

On tonights game -- Looks like Wheeler finally playing like he wants to stay. Thornton -- pound for pound worth every penny. Not just the fighting -- he did some really nice stuff out there tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I thought tonite was Wheels better games. He went to the net hard against one of the tougher teams in the league to go to the net against. Now, lets see him do that on a more consistant basis. Still think he's going to end up in a different swaeter in the coming weeks though. Personally, I'd like to keep him for the long haul, but he really is one of the few options we have that other teams would feel he could make an immediate impact & re-signable. Ryder is too scary because so far in his career he's only been able to play for CJ in his whole career. Without CJ he wouldn't have left the ECHL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Man -- Philly's D get away with a lot of interference. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The whole team played top form tonight....almost no mistakes....and let's mention Beregeron for a superior performance--  he was breaking up Phila rushes all night, counter attacking, coming off the boards with amazing passes and plays.  Bergeron is the quintessential Bruin!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

phily gets away with ALOT- they play "on the edge', which amounts to lots of "picks" and crosschecking, Pronger being the godfather.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

CCM? I don't know what you were watching. PB played a great game, the team as a whole played better, but not anywhere near what they should be! This team will go no where if they don't stop making the goalies bail them out of 10 quality scoring chances a nite. How many quality chances did Philly give up? 4 or 5? How many did they create? 10-15? This team is asking far too much from their goalies still.  It's been that way all season. Tell me one game where the B's won that the goalies didn't end up being a star. A lot of people will say the Pittsburg game. Which it's not often a goalie that gives up 4 goals will be worthy of a star. Having said that, remember the first period of that game. The B's could've & should've been down 4 or 5-0! There maybe 1 or 2 at the most that the B's have won this year where Tuukka or Timmy wasn't a main reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

- Timmy was awesome.... again.   Hate to say if but if anyone on the team is worth 5 Mil, it's been Thomas.

- Rask has played better than his record indicates.   His GAA and Save % are still quite fine.

- Bergeron is our best all around player, hands down.

- Seguin should get more ice time, or is he having some defensive lapses that I don't realize which Julien wants to work on first?

- Ryder keeps playing well, making the management decision all that much harder as to who to trade/send down.    Hurts to keep Ryder at 4 Mil when he sometimes only gets 10 min a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

nitemare, Scoring chances were about even.  Keep in mind that Phila has the most goals for in the NHL.  Sure, they got some quick goalmouth chances, and Thomas came through in great style.  But we stopped a lot of rushes too, and grabbed rebounds.  Our forwards were all backchecking and covering.  OK, there were a few mistakes or miscues.  But all in all it was a quality effort and game.  

The third period when Phila was pressing was notable.  No panic....we just kept breaking their plays, cutting them down and counter attacking.  Kept the puck in their end a lot of the period.  Then the ENG.

Fun to watch.  More coming tonight?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Thomas was great especially early on..

Rask has played better then his record, I think is an "iffy" statement though, his stats are good, but winning is usually about making key saves.. he has played good, but this team has been a slow starter, needing the goalies to bail them out early on, thomas has done that, rask hasnt, rask (like much of the team) has gotten stronger as the games went on.

Thomas played incredible early on, keeping philly off the board, setting the tone for the game, the bruins easily could have been, and should have been behind (thinking back to the pass made early on from behind the net).  After seeing that I was thinking, thats a save Rask doesn't make.. Playing from behind is different then playing with a lead.

Rask makes great positional saves, thomas just makes some spectacular ones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Homebrew i agree with all. As for Seguin I think his main issue right now is competing for the puck, the one-on-one battles. Juliens' system requires a lot from th center position and that's a bit much for Seguin until he gets a little stronger. When Savard comes back it'll be interesting to see how Seguin does on the wing. I still think Seguin is on track to be a superstar. He was chosen no. 2 but ranked no. 1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Perfect endorsement for Thomas:  Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  He could be the guy that "sees everything, but can he see why it tastes so great?"

It's like he spent the off-season training with one of those Jedi floating-ball-things and just let it zip around his body while watching it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Timmy certainly played superbly. Many of the forwards also came to play. Horton looks snake bitten- open shot-off the post. Good pass from Ryder to Seguin who makes sure it's a goal- great Hands. Defense needs to improve, starting with Chara and Ference. Too many misplays, particularly around the goal. Other teams know this and work to exploit it. Someone praised Thornton for his "fight". Why, we do not need these contrived boxing/wrestling bouts. Hunwick's fight was with passion and part of the game. Thornton's fights are staged. He bleeds black and gold, and is a good team-mate, but he should sit. Put Recchi on the 4th line with Campbell and Marchand plus PP and PK time== less stresss and scoring on all lines. Hope to see Tuuka get more ice time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Timmy certainly played superbly. Many of the forwards also came to play. Horton looks snake bitten- open shot-off the post. Good pass from Ryder to Seguin who makes sure it's a goal- great Hands. Defense needs to improve, starting with Chara and Ference. Too many misplays, particularly around the goal. Other teams know this and work to exploit it. Someone praised Thornton for his "fight". Why, we do not need these contrived boxing/wrestling bouts. Hunwick's fight was with passion and part of the game. Thornton's fights are staged. He bleeds black and gold, and is a good team-mate, but he should sit. Put Recchi on the 4th line with Campbell and Marchand plus PP and PK time== less stresss and scoring on all lines. Hope to see Tuuka get more ice time.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Thornton had to go with Shelly because Laviolette sent his goon out there to try to jumpstart his team. I only got to watch the first period last night, and from where I was sitting, the Bruins were playing a very good road game, up 2 zip against the Flyers ( a very physical team) and in drivers seat. Thornton is quite a valuable player for this team.How many times do you go to work thinking, I might have to fight the biggest, toughest guys on the job every night. He also has chipped some goals thus far. For what Boston is paying Thornton, they are getting pretty good value in return.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get outta my face Hartnell!

Frame that baby!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Get outta my face Hartnell! Frame that baby!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog....That's awesome! Love that pic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Great pic!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oeo. Show oeo's posts

beitch slapped!

Sections
Shortcuts