Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly

That may be my favourite Timmy pic. Sweet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly:
    [QUOTE]Get outta my face Hartnell! Frame that baby!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Awesome SDB.....I wish TT could play wing on the days he wasn't in goal. Compete level - off the charts, now that's a Bruin !

I saved it as my background, and it's even better -you can see Marchand there as well - it's kind of symbolic IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

The "Year of the Tuna" get used to it....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Great Pic Sandog!

OEO!? Great Title- BEITCH SLAPPED! LMAO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas was great especially early on.. Rask has played better then his record, I think is an "iffy" statement though, his stats are good, but winning is usually about making key saves.. he has played good, but this team has been a slow starter, needing the goalies to bail them out early on, thomas has done that, rask hasnt, rask (like much of the team) has gotten stronger as the games went on. Thomas played incredible early on, keeping philly off the board, setting the tone for the game, the bruins easily could have been, and should have been behind (thinking back to the pass made early on from behind the net).  After seeing that I was thinking, thats a save Rask doesn't make.. Playing from behind is different then playing with a lead. Rask makes great positional saves, thomas just makes some spectacular ones.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I don't want to start a Rask/TT debate but I will say a lot of TT's spectacular saves are a direct result of him getting himself out of position.I certainly won't begrudge TT for his strong start but ,as a fan,I'm more confident when Rask is in goal(I love that TT has proven me wrong so many times).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas steals 2 pts from Philly : I don't want to start a Rask/TT debate but I will say a lot of TT's spectacular saves are a direct result of him getting himself out of position.I certainly won't begrudge TT for his strong start but ,as a fan,I'm more confident when Rask is in goal(I love that TT has proven me wrong so many times).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thomas's saves in the game vs. philly had nothing to do with being out of position, he bailed the team out, and the funny thing is, after last nights win fans are talking about the bruins playing great in the last two games.. Thomas was great vs philly, I don't know if i would give credit to much else..

He (much lik hasek) plays an untraditional style, gets by on athleticism, whatever you want to call it, there is indeed more movement in net as opposed to rask "calming play"..

but as far as being more confident with rask in net, I would ask why?  Thomas has a higher win percentange, in a much larger sampling, all of this confidence in Rask is based solely on one good half a season of play.. I am not knocking him, but to many people are ready to hand everything over to a kid who is 26 and 19 while ignoring contributions thomas has made..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Tuukka's style is ice cold! His upright butterfly movement is flawless for the most part. His weakness is his dropping to soon. This has been said over & over again by NHL shooters in the past when Hasek was in his heyday winning back to back Hart Trophies. Goalies that are technically sound are much easier to study & watch film for tendencies & weaknesses. Unorthodox goalies are much more difficult to figure out because they never do anything repetative. It keeps shooters guessing. TT rarely goes down too early. TT attacks the puck, he wants to touch it before someone else does. That's why he sometimes lunges out. Tuukka lets the puck come to him. Both are effective. I do see Dez's point. TT's erratic style can cause a heart attack. Even I catch myself holding my breath at times. His compete level though is unmatched & as long as that doesn't change his style will continue to work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Tuukka's style is ice cold! His upright butterfly movement is flawless for the most part. His weakness is his dropping to soon. This has been said over & over again by NHL shooters in the past when Hasek was in his heyday winning back to back Hart Trophies. Goalies that are technically sound are much easier to study & watch film for tendencies & weaknesses. Unorthodox goalies are much more difficult to figure out because they never do anything repetative. It keeps shooters guessing. TT rarely goes down too early. TT attacks the puck, he wants to touch it before someone else does. That's why he sometimes lunges out. Tuukka lets the puck come to him. Both are effective. I do see Dez's point. TT's erratic style can cause a heart attack. Even I catch myself holding my breath at times. His compete level though is unmatched & as long as that doesn't change his style will continue to work.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Great post!  My brother and I were laughing our a$$es off in admiration the other night when Thomas did the 360 in goal when making another save against Philly. Flipper, but he gets it done.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

LOL! I love that Isla! The first goalie I saw do that was Mike "the popcornkid" Palmateer. He was as acrobatic as it comes back in the late 70's!