Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

Whoever you are TT's , you are no better than the trolls we ignore. How could Chiarelli have traded TT? What are all the factors? salary, durability, No trade clause:?? Do you really think that Claude would agree, and rest his case with Tuuka?? Claude should have been using Tuuka more frequently all year, but, that's not his style, and his JOB is to utilize the players available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not surprised BB, in a tournament he was named the best in the world all you can talk about is a goal he let in...news flash- not every goal is a highlight reel goal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : I agree but with TT being an older goalie no wonder he gets worn down.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that is it. I actually think he's better as he gets older.

Every single goalie I have ever known or heard interviewed prefers to see a lot of pucks and get a rhythm.  Resting Thomas has been fine, and probably overdue, but now it's time to get him back to where he needs to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdp123. Show rdp123's posts

I agree Thomas has been back to earth lately-but lets put some of it on the Defense. Even the Golden Boy Rask is feeling it with Kampfer flat on his face in the crease and Seides in his face. I dont care who it is, its tough to stop the puck with 2 other people in the net with you. Thomas is a flopper, unorthodox, out of position, whatever you want to call him, but whoever said the B's would be in 8th looking up AT BEST without him is dead on.

GOALTENDING IS NOT THE PROBLEM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]not surprised BB, in a tournament he was named the best in the world all you can talk about is a goal he let in...news flash- not every goal is a highlight reel goal!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Dude, Ryan Miller would tell you that was a bad goal. Please stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

news flash- every goalie in the world lets in bad goals- ask ryan miller he would tell you the same thing. please stop

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : I live down in NC now and my boss asked why the Bruins did not come out (for the presentation) to Glen Wesley night a couple years ago at the RBC Center. I asked if he remembers this missed open net that any one of us could have at least hit, and he of course does not, being a newer fan. Wesley was a solid player, but wow was he overrated. Don Sweeney had a better career than Glen Wesley. I still say if Boston somehow won that game, they may have won it in 7. Edmonton was still loaded, but after they battled and won that game, it really put Ranford into another level of confidence and it had the exact opposite effect on Boston. To this day, that was by far their best assembled team (since the late 1970s), and it's slowly been all downhill since then.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I forgot that Glen Wesley night was the same night they were playing the Bruins. I liked Wes, but unfortunately I will always remember him for the missed open net chance. I mean he had all the time in the world to put that in, instead he backhands it over the net. I just can't get past that. You're right BB, Randford stole that cup from the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Can I be overrated??? better yet can I clean my vezina with an overrated cleaning product?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Ryan Miller overrated? I never thought I would see those words together in a sentence, unless it read "Ryan Miller is not overrated".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Blindness at it's best or just not admitting when you're wrong because you were too busy watching your favorite coaches tribute videos. If Miller hadn't been in the net in the first US-Canada game in the 2010 Olympics the red n white would have won 8-5. The Gold medal game Miller kept the US in the game long enough for Parise to tie it with under a minute left brilliant save after brilliant save. The best player in the world beat Ryan on a mano y mano shot after great passes by Iginla and Staal. Too bad someone was drooling to a tribute to Mr. Bland on ESPN classic. Thomas is the epitome of perseverance after being traded around the AHL then finding his game in Europe.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Sandog? Without Miller the US would'nt  have played for the bronze medal let alone gold IMO. After the game he had against Can in the round robin? The only thing I kept telling my co-workers was we may have another Mike Richter taking something from Can.  TT wouldn't have beaten anyone last season with his injury. I support TT to the fulliest, but until I see TT (not blaming him for the B's losses in the past Play-offs) get the B's to the 3rd round the same way as Miller has with the Sabers multiple times. I'd take him in my game 7 before anyone else. I'm responding to you because you're on of the few that's making any sense in this thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : how many vezinas have your old goalie coaches won?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is? A lot of goalies in the 70's made circus saves. 90% of them were the shoot & react type of goalie. Reflex goalies basically, there wasn't a lot of technically sound goalies in the 70's. Even Ken Dryden said that. He said what we goalies used to make a save with you hardly ever see anymore. How many of todays goalies ever have a puck go off their skate blade because they actually went thru the skate save motion? How many times do you actually see a goalie slide over & do a pad stack? Sometimes sure, but NO WHERE near the amount of what we used to see. And when you do see it the hockey announcers will say you don't see those type of acrobatics too often any more! You'd see a goalie do that 20 x a game back then. Today's goalie's have made the position look that much more easier, because of their fluent movement in the net. Hence the reason that the position is much more popular now. It's harder to play net now, but they don't work as hard to make a save.

Dryden also has said that TT & Hasek understand the position better than any goalie because they don't just use certain parts of their body. They use their whole body.

Now who are we going to listen to? Soxfan & his coaches who the closest they've ever came to winning a Vezina was to see it at the HOF? Or a goalie who beat the Bruins in 71 with Orr & Espo to win the Conn Smythe & 6 Stanley Cups in 9 seasons?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Sandog? Without Miller the US would'nt  have played for the bronze medal let alone gold IMO. After the game he had against Can in the round robin? The only thing I kept telling my co-workers was we may have another Mike Richter taking something from Can.  TT wouldn't have beaten anyone last season with his injury. I support TT to the fulliest, but until I see TT (not blaming him for the B's losses in the past Play-offs) get the B's to the 3rd round the same way as Miller has with the Sabers multiple times. I'd take him in my game 7 before anyone else. I'm responding to you because you're on of the few that's making any sense in this thread.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    TT's injury was the reason for him giving up soft goal after soft goal after soft goal?????? Get real.

TT was obviously healthy enough to play, thats why he dressed every game. If his injury was bad enough that it prevented CJ from going to TT in game 5 after Rask was burnt out, then TT shouldnt even have been in uniform. Whats the pont of dressing if your not even healthy enough to play. Selfishness at it's best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : TT's injury was the reason for him giving up soft goal after soft goal after soft goal?????? Get real. TT was obviously healthy enough to play, thats why he dressed every game. If his injury was bad enough that it prevented CJ from going to TT in game 5 after Rask was burnt out, then TT shouldnt even have been in uniform. Whats the pont of dressing if your not even healthy enough to play. Selfishness at it's best.
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

He said his dream was to play in the Olympics! You think he's going to go thru a surgery to stop that from happening, when he knows it was his last shot? Get a clue Miller! Then once the O's were done it was the play-off push. Then the play-offs! He could still play, but his movement wasn't where it needed to be! If TT was at 100% he would've been in net for game 5, or 6! Give your head a shake! See you still haven't changed at all MILLER!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Sandog? Without Miller the US would'nt  have played for the bronze medal let alone gold IMO. Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Such a ridiculous premise. Miller is not somehow supremely better than Thomas.

The reality is, the US, Canada and the Russians had the best teams with Sweden and the Czech Repub/Slovakian teams picking up the rear 2010.

Some of you act all impressed with Miller, when the fact is, the team he played on was incredibly well built and superb.

Miller lost the gold medal game on an incredibly weak brain f*rt moment on that goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : He said his dream was to play in the Olympics! You think he's going to go thru a surgery to stop that from happening, when he knows it was his last shot? Get a clue Miller! Then once the O's were done it was the play-off push. Then the play-offs! He could still play, but his movement wasn't where it needed to be! If TT was at 100% he would've been in net for game 5, or 6! Give your head a shake! See you still haven't changed at all MILLER!!!
    I'm not talking about the olympics. If his "hip problem" was bad enough that it prevented hm from playing effictively, why dress. Why not go on IR, let the team acquire a cheap goalie at the deadline, and let the team have a healthy back up for Rask. One that could spell him.

WHats the point of dressing for a game 5/6 if your not gonna be ready to go in if needed. Just to look good at the end of the bench opening the door?? Selfishness at its best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

3-4 goalies in the East, I'd take over Ryan Miller:

Thomas
    Lundqvist
    Ward
    Fleury (also a little overrated)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

would the b's be in first with different netmiinders??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Who cares about regular season trophees and stats.  Aren't you guys hungry for a cup.  I only care about playoffs stats and i want a CUP!!  The Sad truth is that with Price in the Net...the Bs would probably go all the way.  In the East I would take Miller, Price and Lunquist before TT.  Actually i would take Rask before TT in the playoffs... especially vs the habs!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Such a ridiculous premise. Miller is not somehow supremely better than Thomas."

I could agree with that but Ward is the only goalie I would pick over Miller at this point. Pittsburgh's puck possession really has helped Fleury more than his actual goaltending. Unimpressed since Pittsburgh's cup win with Marc-Andre.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm glad I remained quite on this one.  TT has had a great season and is faltering towards the end.  I think Miller is the best goalie in the world.  I think Fleury is outstanding as well.  And I think Price is the best goalie this year.  There are plenty of quality goalies in the league. 

Book
    One quick remark, you mentioned Bostons defense and how everyone says look at who TT plays in front of.  Without looking, name me montreal's top 6 dmen.  Then tell me who they have missing.  Staggering amounts of injuries at a position that in my eyes is the most important in the NHL.   Price has been the best goalie in the league.  Fact he has that team in position to challenge for the division is amazing.  So I will flip your argument.  Put TT in Montreal and tell me he would be that good.  I mean TT had zero pressure as compared to Price who was booed in the 1st preseason game.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

TT not keeping his stick on the ice is costing the Bs a goal!!  Another loss for TT.  Rask has to be the starter SOON!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad I remained quite on this one.  TT has had a great season and is faltering towards the end.  I think Miller is the best goalie in the world.  I think Fleury is outstanding as well.  And I think Price is the best goalie this year.  There are plenty of quality goalies in the league.  Book One quick remark, you mentioned Bostons defense and how everyone says look at who TT plays in front of.  Without looking, name me montreal's top 6 dmen.  Then tell me who they have missing.  Staggering amounts of injuries at a position that in my eyes is the most important in the NHL.   Price has been the best goalie in the league.  Fact he has that team in position to challenge for the division is amazing.  So I will flip your argument.  Put TT in Montreal and tell me he would be that good.  I mean TT had zero pressure as compared to Price who was booed in the 1st preseason game.    
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Tell me a game this season where Price had 26 shots in a 3rd period & still won. Tell me even with ALLLLLLLLLL of Montreals injuries that you repeated about 20x's now & how much worse defensively they are compared to the Bruins. Tell me how many blocked shots the two teams have. I know the answer (you look it up). Tell me who has the best win/loss ratio? 
    The me what team allows the 2nd highest shot total. You're a great poster Shupe, but your stinking loyalty really does suk! Your love for Price is beyond ridiculous!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : I'm not talking about the olympics. If his "hip problem" was bad enough that it prevented hm from playing effictively, why dress. Why not go on IR, let the team acquire a cheap goalie at the deadline, and let the team have a healthy back up for Rask. One that could spell him. WHats the point of dressing for a game 5/6 if your not gonna be ready to go in if needed. Just to look good at the end of the bench opening the door?? Selfishness at its best.
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]
    I'm done with you Miller! You're still the same troll!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Tell me a game this season where Price had 26 shots in a 3rd period & still won. Tell me even with ALLLLLLLLLL of Montreals injuries that you repeated about 20x's now & how much worse defensively they are compared to the Bruins. Tell me how many blocked shots the two teams have. I know the answer (you look it up). Tell me who has the best win/loss ratio?  The me what team allows the 2nd highest shot total. You're a great poster Shupe, but your stinking loyalty really does suk! Your love for Price is beyond ridiculous!

Nite,
    When debating I tend to look past the homer colors.  Its like comparing Chara and Pronger.   One is a proven warrior who knows how to win.  One just doesnt get it. 
    I knew you would likely chime in on this when I clearly made it out to Book and the post he had. 
    I have no love for Price.  I simply think he is having a remarkable year.  And you only read the part about Price b/c I also said there are other goalies out there...namely Miller who I think is the best in the world. But you didnt say anything about that.  I also debated that last year when people said Rask was better...was I in love with Miller then?  Maybe I am a goalie s lut. 
    And what are we talking about in loyalty? Are you more loyal than me b/c you think TT is the best thing since sliced bread.  Or am I just more realistic and can see both sides of an argument? 

Sections
Shortcuts