Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Nite, When debating I tend to look past the homer colors.  Its like comparing Chara and Pronger.   One is a proven warrior who knows how to win.  One just doesnt get it.  I knew you would likely chime in on this when I clearly made it out to Book and the post he had.  I have no love for Price.  I simply think he is having a remarkable year.  And you only read the part about Price b/c I also said there are other goalies out there...namely Miller who I think is the best in the world. But you didnt say anything about that.  I also debated that last year when people said Rask was better...was I in love with Miller then?  Maybe I am a goalie s lut.  And what are we talking about in loyalty? Are you more loyal than me b/c you think TT is the best thing since sliced bread.  Or am I just more realistic and can see both sides of an argument? 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe....buddy....Below is something I typed earlier today in another thread. I can see lots of sides to an arguement. 
    Sandog? Without Miller the US would'nt  have played for the bronze medal let alone gold IMO. After the game he had against Can in the round robin? The only thing I kept telling my co-workers was we may have another Mike Richter taking something from Can.  TT wouldn't have beaten anyone last season with his injury. I support TT to the fulliest, but until I see TT (not blaming him for the B's losses in the past Play-offs) get the B's to the 3rd round the same way as Miller has with the Sabers multiple times. I'd take him in my game 7 before anyone else. I'm responding to you because you're on of the few that's making any sense in this thread.

Give blood.  Play hockey.  ~Author Unknown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Shupe....buddy....Below is something I typed earlier today in another thread. I can see lots of sides to an arguement.  Sandog? Without Miller the US would'nt  have played for the bronze medal let alone gold IMO. After the game he had against Can in the round robin? The only thing I kept telling my co-workers was we may have another Mike Richter taking something from Can.  TT wouldn't have beaten anyone last season with his injury. I support TT to the fulliest, but until I see TT (not blaming him for the B's losses in the past Play-offs) get the B's to the 3rd round the same way as Miller has with the Sabers multiple times. I'd take him in my game 7 before anyone else. I'm responding to you because you're on of the few that's making any sense in this thread. Give blood.  Play hockey.  ~Author Unknown
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

You continue to challenge my loyalty b/c I have stuck with my Price argument.  I am not a TT hater and for some reason you think I am.  I simply post what I feel or observe.  Normally I think my posts out and like people to challenge them.  If done so with good hockey talk I will respond.  Dez and I have debated back and forth on numerous Bruins players.  I was wrong on a at least two of those.  There is currently one Bruin that I have no use for(Ryder) and I can't wait till he is gone.  I have said Marchand has been playing like a punk but I was likely the trail blazer on that.  He has been playing like that for a while. 

I may be off sides sometimes but I am consistant.  I love hockey and can see between the lines and have no problem admitting when I am wrong(ie Lucic). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : You continue to challenge my loyalty b/c I have stuck with my Price argument.  I am not a TT hater and for some reason you think I am.  I simply post what I feel or observe.  Normally I think my posts out and like people to challenge them.  If done so with good hockey talk I will respond.  Dez and I have debated back and forth on numerous Bruins players.  I was wrong on a at least two of those.  There is currently one Bruin that I have no use for(Ryder) and I can't wait till he is gone.  I have said Marchand has been playing like a punk but I was likely the trail blazer on that.  He has been playing like that for a while.  I may be off sides sometimes but I am consistant.  I love hockey and can see between the lines and have no problem admitting when I am wrong(ie Lucic). 
    No, no I said I was mistaken about you being a hater, but I do question your loyalty because you're so quick to jump on the enemies bandwagon. You would rather be right & have Price win the Vezina, then have the goalie of your favourite team win it. If you don't want Price to win it more, then stop shoving your argument down every1's throat. We heard you're argument as to why you make your choice for Price. We get it, but everytime someone comes up as to why TT is their choice you come back with an arguement as to why he shouldn't. This has nothing to do with reading between the lines. It has to do with you wanting to be right about the oppositions goalie (the worst opposition btw) then wrong.

I think Price has/is making it a difficult choice for the GM's to make. I just know who I want to win it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Did you guys see the Vezina trophy winner defeat the Devils tonight? Carry the team with 30 saves? Glad Thomas is done being rested. Rask would have folded and put the Bruins behind early as he usually does. Great game TT.
    Posted by tukka_fall[/QUOTE]

Hello Again RMiller!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think not. Thomas deserves the accolades. He's basically been one of the brightest spots on the team and has won them many games this year, despite lopsided shots on goal/scoring chances. Perhaps the media and his peers are wrong about this though......hmmmm.

Is this an anomally? Maybe. Time will tell. However, he did win a Vezina already, and whether you think its deserved or not is irrelavant. The league awarded it, and that's all that matters.

And last time I checked, style points don't count in winning game........good and great goalies simply keep the puck out of the net. Thomas has done that for the majority of this year.

I'd bet the Bruins could win the Cup this year, and some would still question Thomas as a goalie. I know I won't. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I think not. Thomas deserves the accolades. He's basically been one of the brightest spots on the team and has won them many games this year, despite lopsided shots on goal/scoring chances. Perhaps the media and his peers are wrong about this though......hmmmm. Is this an anomally? Maybe. Time will tell. However, he did win a Vezina already, and whether you think its deserved or not is irrelavant. The league awarded it, and that's all that matters. And last time I checked, style points don't count in winning game........good and great goalies simply keep the puck out of the net. Thomas has done that for the majority of this year. I'd bet the Bruins could win the Cup this year, and some would still question Thomas as a goalie. I know I won't. 
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]
    Sweet a ss post!!! Bravo 4ver!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : No, no I said I was mistaken about you being a hater, but I do question your loyalty because you're so quick to jump on the enemies bandwagon. You would rather be right & have Price win the Vezina, then have the goalie of your favourite team win it. If you don't want Price to win it more, then stop shoving your argument down every1's throat. We heard you're argument as to why you make your choice for Price. We get it, but everytime someone comes up as to why TT is their choice you come back with an arguement as to why he shouldn't. This has nothing to do with reading between the lines. It has to do with you wanting to be right about the oppositions goalie (the worst opposition btw) then wrong. I think Price has/is making it a difficult choice for the GM's to make. I just know who I want to win it.

Again with the loyalty?  I made an argument a while back about Price and was ripped apart. I made a comment about Marchand and was ripped.  I called out Ference for throwing a team mate under the bus(I noticed he hasnt chimed in on Marchand and Chara's hits).  I simply don't make them at one player.  If I see a legit argument I am going to debate it. 
    You fail to point out that I have constantly said I think TT will win.  I am simply stating an argument for another player.  Does this mean it changes my colors? 

Now if I were hating on any of them I could see an issue of loyalty.  But not b/c I think another teams player is better or b/c one of our guys made a dirty hit.  I call them as I see them.  If you like I can lie on all the TT threads and say he is the best goalie in the league. 
    And I also mentioned other players.  I had a huge debate going back a while ago about how I think Fleury is one of the best playoff goalies in the league.  I also think he has had a very sneaky season.  Not many teams can stand losing two franchise players and still not miss a beat. 

If this is a Hab thing then I can understand where you are coming from.  But I still don't see how being honest is a loyalty issue.  Here are some other well known thoughts from me.  I don't think Chara is a good leader and I don't think he is a norris trophy candidate.  I think Lidstrom is the best dman in the league.  Am I still loyal.  Or how about Thorton...no way he should be in this lineup come playoff time b/c he is aweful.  I have never liked Ference.  Ryder should pay us back when he leaves.  I would have traded Seguin away if it meant signing Bobby Ryan.  I was in favor of all the trades made at the deadline. 

If I came here and agreed with everything topic in favor of the Bruins I wouldnt bother.  A lot of the good hockey topics on here don't even involve the Bruins. 
    TT stinks, fire CJ(guess you missed that I supported him), start Rask, Kaberle is brutal, Kelly is brutal.  These are the threads most often on here.  When a decent hockey topic comes up I like seeing who knows what. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Again with the loyalty?  I made an argument a while back about Price and was ripped apart. I made a comment about Marchand and was ripped.  I called out Ference for throwing a team mate under the bus(I noticed he hasnt chimed in on Marchand and Chara's hits).  I simply don't make them at one player.  If I see a legit argument I am going to debate it.  You fail to point out that I have constantly said I think TT will win.  I am simply stating an argument for another player.  Does this mean it changes my colors?  Now if I were hating on any of them I could see an issue of loyalty.  But not b/c I think another teams player is better or b/c one of our guys made a dirty hit.  I call them as I see them.  If you like I can lie on all the TT threads and say he is the best goalie in the league.  And I also mentioned other players.  I had a huge debate going back a while ago about how I think Fleury is one of the best playoff goalies in the league.  I also think he has had a very sneaky season.  Not many teams can stand losing two franchise players and still not miss a beat.  If this is a Hab thing then I can understand where you are coming from.  But I still don't see how being honest is a loyalty issue.  Here are some other well known thoughts from me.  I don't think Chara is a good leader and I don't think he is a norris trophy candidate.  I think Lidstrom is the best dman in the league.  Am I still loyal.  Or how about Thorton...no way he should be in this lineup come playoff time b/c he is aweful.  I have never liked Ference.  Ryder should pay us back when he leaves.  I would have traded Seguin away if it meant signing Bobby Ryan.  I was in favor of all the trades made at the deadline.  If I came here and agreed with everything topic in favor of the Bruins I wouldnt bother.  A lot of the good hockey topics on here don't even involve the Bruins.  TT stinks, fire CJ(guess you missed that I supported him), start Rask, Kaberle is brutal, Kelly is brutal.  These are the threads most often on here.  When a decent hockey topic comes up I like seeing who knows what. 

Ok fair enuff Shupe. Good Post, great points!
    Now go give me your thoughts on my Lucic thread in about 5 min.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Again with the loyalty?  I made an argument a while back about Price and was ripped apart. I made a comment about Marchand and was ripped.  I called out Ference for throwing a team mate under the bus(I noticed he hasnt chimed in on Marchand and Chara's hits).  I simply don't make them at one player.  If I see a legit argument I am going to debate it.  You fail to point out that I have constantly said I think TT will win.  I am simply stating an argument for another player.  Does this mean it changes my colors?  Now if I were hating on any of them I could see an issue of loyalty.  But not b/c I think another teams player is better or b/c one of our guys made a dirty hit.  I call them as I see them.  If you like I can lie on all the TT threads and say he is the best goalie in the league.  And I also mentioned other players.  I had a huge debate going back a while ago about how I think Fleury is one of the best playoff goalies in the league.  I also think he has had a very sneaky season.  Not many teams can stand losing two franchise players and still not miss a beat.  If this is a Hab thing then I can understand where you are coming from.  But I still don't see how being honest is a loyalty issue.  Here are some other well known thoughts from me.  I don't think Chara is a good leader and I don't think he is a norris trophy candidate.  I think Lidstrom is the best dman in the league.  Am I still loyal.  Or how about Thorton...no way he should be in this lineup come playoff time b/c he is aweful.  I have never liked Ference.  Ryder should pay us back when he leaves.  I would have traded Seguin away if it meant signing Bobby Ryan.  I was in favor of all the trades made at the deadline.  If I came here and agreed with everything topic in favor of the Bruins I wouldnt bother.  A lot of the good hockey topics on here don't even involve the Bruins.  TT stinks, fire CJ(guess you missed that I supported him), start Rask, Kaberle is brutal, Kelly is brutal.  These are the threads most often on here.  When a decent hockey topic comes up I like seeing who knows what. 
    I enjoy your posts Shup, and I find you pretty objective overall; which is a good thing.

Nothing I've read would indicate you are nothing other then a Bruin fan but with a dose of objectivity from time to time, which I appreciate reading.  Also nothing wrong with appreciating other teams and/or players from time to time.  I like to think I'm a fan of the game even though my loyalty is with the Leafs.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with those that are unabashed fans that never find anything wrong with their team and see their players with rose-colored glasses.  We have a lot of those here in Leaf land....LOL

Life would be boring if we were all in agreement all the time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : I'm done with you Miller! You're still the same troll!
    Yea because you couldnt stick to the topic and respond to the original post, so attack the poster. Your a coward.

And no, Im not RMiller

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas proves again tonight why he is the undisputed best goaltender in the league. Take that new guy,ha. Carey Price sucks.
    Posted by tukka_fall[/QUOTE]
    Best goalie in the league???? LOL.

Thomas cant hold Price's Jockstrap.

And yes, Im a Bruins fan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

TT will have another chance to make people like me lie when i say that he cannot do the job when it really matters.  We'll see how many goals he allows against the habs tomorrow!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Best goalie in the league???? LOL. Thomas cant hold Price's Jockstrap. And yes, Im a Bruins fan
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]
    Seriously?You 2 are perfect examples of what's wrong with some Bruins fans.Tuukka_fall and yourself are at opposite ends of the spectrum but why?Boston has 2 good goalies.Be happy about it and let your hatred for the other guy go.As far as I'm concerned,you're both right about some things but so very wrong about most.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

another vezina on the way another allstar game i guess it will take a hart for some of you olde winesock data entry clerk people to get it but not a problem because timmy thomas will take the mvp this year to

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Best goalie in the league???? LOL. Thomas cant hold Price's Jockstrap. And yes, Im a Bruins fan.
    Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

No, you're not. You're a Canadiens fan posing as a Bruins fan. We've all seen your type before on these boards.

It's a trolling tactic. You pose as a fan and then slap negative junk on the wall hoping it sticks.

Carey Price was about booed out of Montreal last year and for good reason.  Halak was a better chip, so they traded Halak. Fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : ...Ryder should pay us back when he leaves...
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    As for the original poster:
    Blahblahblah. TT outduelled Brodeur last night. Bruins have the best goalie tandem in the league, period.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, youre a Bruins fan, Thomas cant hold Prices jocky but.....

Thomas has 3 straight All-Star appearances and wins.  No other goalie has done this.  EVER!

Thomas:  4 less wins.....in 15 less games this year.

Thomas:  Lead the league all year in sv% and gaa, Price:  7th & 9th currently

Thomas:  49 less goals allowed in 15 less games (3.27 per for Price on average)

Thomas:  2009 Vezina, Jennings, Crozier & 1st All-Star Team.  Price?????

Thomas:  2010 Silver Medal Olympian.  Price?????

Thomas:  WINNING playoff record:  18 games, 10-8, .925sv%, 2.25gaa

Price:  Lossing playoff record:  19 games, 5-11, .894sv%, 3.17gaa

Youre right, Thomas is FAR too busy being one of the best goalies in the league over the past few years to hold Prices jock strap, but thats probably what you meant to say you great Bruins fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Bruins have the best goalie tandem in the league, period. Posted by MrHulot[/QUOTE]

No other team is even close no fear if either gets injured in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Eat that Thomas haters he just finished with the best save % ever!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Eat that Thomas haters he just finished with the best save % ever!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Love it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

To the topic starter, I'd like to quote a line from Willy Wonka:

You *LOSE*!!! Good day sir!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts