Time for Bergeron to get the "C"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Time for Bergeron to get the "C"

In Response to Time for Bergeron to get the "C":
    [QUOTE]Bergeron is a solid player on our team, a veteran at 24, and a player who always makes the effort to get the job done.  I in no way think he is the most talented Bruin or the most skilled, or an elite player but he clearly has the heart.  If CJ wanted to send a message why doesn't he give Bergeron the "C" put him on the first line with some talent and let the squad know the effort is part of earning playing time.  Bring the young guys up and let everyone scrap for spots on the 3rd line.  Isn't that what we heard in the off season...that our youth would push our vets.....well I'm ready.   Tired of watching Ryder coast... Tired of watching Lucic control his play instead be aggressive.... Tired of watching Recchi give it all he's got to keep up with 20 year olds.... Tired of Savard being the most invisible man on the ice...
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

If you are going to strip your captain of his "C", you better have a good reason.  Shake-up doesn't qualify.  This will do more damage than good. 
    Any effect of this move would be temporary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Bergeron to get the "C":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Time for Bergeron to get the "C" :  If you are going to strip your captain of his "C", you better have a good reason.  Shake-up doesn't qualify.  This will do more damage than good.  Any effect of this move would be temporary.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I love Bergeron's game but have to go with Scooter on this one.more damage than good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Bergeron to get the "C" : I love Bergeron's game but have to go with Scooter on this one.more damage than good.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Maybe if the Bruins lose another game 7 in the playoffs you consider taking it away from Chara and giving it Bergeron. If bergeron had the toughness of Richards it would be an easier decision because the way Chara has been lately and Bergeron  just is theres not a whole lot of toughness between either of these guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Will you stop with the insulting names for all the bruins players and the "ruins" name you give the team. Are you a troll?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm not sure that giving Bergeron the C would cause any change in the total team effort. Granted, Chara is not outspoken or a fiery leader, and was sort of "given" the C when he arrived. What needs doing starts with Rex going to the 4th line; then Peter needs to trade Wheeler and/or Ryder' find a way to trade Boychuck;Neely and Peter need to step into the coach's shoes and lay the law of the dollar down on Lucic. Horton, and Seidenberg. In addition they need to meet with Claude and help him adjust oe shoot him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I think the overall response to this Thread is accurate.  Stripping Chara of the C mid season will not wake this team up.  If it is going to be done i hope its done in the off season.  Also, i don't really have anyone in my mind that i could give the C too instead of Z.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The C is an inside thing.  It isn't an on ice issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Will you stop with the insulting names for all the bruins players and the "ruins" name you give the team. Are you a troll?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Yes,he is indeed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the point is ... the bruins DO NOT have a leader, and i think this team wide concussion thing is a problem.  each of the top 3 lines has a player that will NEVER mix it up because they CAN'T.  think about it. savvy, krej and bergy play scared to get hit. recchi's day has come-move on- then add in wheeler and ryder unable to win any 1 on 1 battles- looch playing like he's sick or hurt-where do you go from here????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]the point is ... the bruins DO NOT have a leader, and i think this team wide concussion thing is a problem.  each of the top 3 lines has a player that will NEVER mix it up because they CAN'T.  think about it. savvy, krej and bergy play scared to get hit. recchi's day has come-move on- then add in wheeler and ryder unable to win any 1 on 1 battles- looch playing like he's sick or hurt-where do you go from here????
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Have you watched them play this year?saying Bergeron plays like he's afraid to be hit simply isn't correct.He's still the 1st player in the corner to chase down loose pucks and he doesn't try to dish it off until he sees an open teammate(unlike Savard right now).He's given and taken his fair share of hits this year.I don't know what you're seeing that would lead you to believe otherwise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I am in ABSOLUTE agreement of Bergeron being named captain. GREAT, GREAT IDEA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Will you stop with the insulting names for all the bruins players and the "ruins" name you give the team. Are you a troll?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

All Effort...All the Time...He's not a superstar but his mentality should adopted by the entire team.

Sections
Shortcuts