Time for Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Time for Caron

I'd healthy scratch someone--maybe Peverly--he's been not the same since coming back from his injury. Not as effective, not as fast, and definitely should not see the point on the power play. Maybe it would be a wakeup call to Brad. I felt Caron was playing super hockey last 10 games of the season. I'm fine with Caron playing with Lucic, might help him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I also see no reason to keep the lines intact since they aren't scoring. It's ok to shake it up now. 2 goals in 2 games doesn't cut it. The Rolston, Kelly, Pouliot line happened by injury/accident and it turned into a pretty good line. Shake it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

It's only 2 games but the real MIA player right now is Lucic. He's a non-presence. Not hitting, not skating, no creating opportunities.

He needs to pick it up. The other guy who's falling short is the guy I never criticize  normally and that's Seguin. He's frustrated by the lack of space they're giving him but he's got to figure out a way. Get Looch and Segs going and the Bruins will solve Holtby.

Also--Corvo continues to be a disaster waiting to happen. I'm bummed McQuaid still isn't ready.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron:
    In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Krejci through 2 games: 0 Goals 0 Assists Plus/Minus: -1 FO%: 35% (1-9 in Game 2) Shots: 3 (none in Game 1) Hits: 2 (none in Game 1) Dominant.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Hits are not always recorded accurately.  Go back and watch the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

If anyone was going to be scratched it should be Paille. Thornton has to be in the lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You cannot scratch Peverley. Sure he's not producing on offense but he brings another element to the game, his defensive side and is great on the PK.
    Let's not forget as Crowls pointed out he's also better than Krejci right now taking faceoffs.
    Another factor is his speed, he's only scratched the surface in this series on what he can do with his speed.  Especially with a trap team and a team that plays their D inside in their own end he must exploit them with his speed.
    Either from from the outside over lapping them or going around the net with speed giving time for the likes of a Lucic (if line doesn't change) or Kelly or Pouliot to get in front of the net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron:
    In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Hits are not always recorded accurately.  Go back and watch the game.
    Posted by bim09

What would that solve?  DK has been a little ghostly in the 1st two games, I would be just as well served watching a paranormal show.  He is not alone...Lucic, Peverley and Seguin also need to join the series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Crowls had an awesome post on page 2.  Some other good ones in this thread as well.

I dont think that Caron is the answer.  As Crowls said, our best players need to be our best players.

I like the idea of trying the Seguin, Krejci, Lucic line.  I think that Krejci and Seguin will "buzz around" in the open ice created by Lucic.  Lucic can also crash the net to add some much needed net presence.

I agree that Pevs has been terrible.  I would put him w Bergy and Seguin so we at least reap the benefits of his D (that is our shutdown line).  Also his speed will compliment Marchand who seems to get a lot of breakaways.

Cannot touch the third line.  It's our best line right now.

Could try Caron on the fourth line, but a fourth line substitution is a minor move.

Not having Caron in the lineup is not the problem.  The problem is what we are getting out of Pevs, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin.  What we get out of those 5 will determine how far we go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It does not look like Julien is changing anything.  That's a message to his current lineup . Now it's upto the players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I totally agree Drewski....think its a question of addition by subtraction...as a shut down line(or at least the current 2/3rds..) Seguin is not in his element....put him with Krecji and Looch......not quite sure if Thorton is needed in this style of game although his presence may be needed as the series can get ugly in a hurry not unlike the others....perhaps Caron would be a good injection as you said due to his increased flexibility/skill set....and for those that say not to panic its only 1-1 in the series....you have to have foresight and the ability to address what could get you down 2-1 as there has to be a change of some sort to lift/spark the B's....I have seen this script before and it wouldnt surprise me if..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

You don't make changes just for changes sake. If the team had lost 2 in a row, then discuss all the line combo's you want. But when the series was 1-1 and now 2-1 in Bruins favor, you just leave them alone and let them play into the Cup Champs they are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Time has come for Caron tomorrow most likely but for all the wrong reason's, Bergeron might not be able to play.
    Even if Bergeron does play, it's freakin time ! Sit Thorton now once and for all

Sections
Shortcuts