Time for Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Time for Caron

In Response to Re: Time for Caron:
    Your best players need to be your best players, especially at playoff time.  Looking at Krejci, Lucic, Seguin and Peverley to step it up.  Bergeron/Marchand as well, but to a lesser extent, as their shutdown game has been so good. What ever happened to chip pucks in and work the Caps weak defense down low? Not seeing enough of the cycle game.  They should be working over Green, Wideman, Hamrlik, etc. Line-up substitutions sound a little like panic or at least little nibbling on the margins.  Thornton played 8 minutes yesterday in a double-OT game, he wasn't the problem.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Dead on Crowls.  I expect a much better effort tomorrow night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

as much as i like lucic ( the rotty in my pic's name is looch) he has been awful, my first thought is to swap him and marchand but thats our shutdown line so probably not a good idea. i would drop him to the 3rd or 4th line for a period, have him focus on bonecrushers and then promote him back.  he always thrives when demoted and then thrives when promoted.
    Posted by Neecic

I've seen Lucic skating hard and driving to the net.  I don't think he's playing poorly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Break up the only which has produced for us? No. Caron on 4th line for Thornton.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

No i think Caron with Lucic and Krecji,they need some one to get in front of net,move Peverly to forth for Thornton,i don't think there's going to be any fights

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Your best players need to be your best players, especially at playoff time.  Looking at Krejci, Lucic, Seguin and Peverley to step it up.  Bergeron/Marchand as well, but to a lesser extent, as their shutdown game has been so good. What ever happened to chip pucks in and work the Caps weak defense down low? Not seeing enough of the cycle game.  They should be working over Green, Wideman, Hamrlik, etc. Line-up substitutions sound a little like panic or at least little nibbling on the margins.  Thornton played 8 minutes yesterday in a double-OT game, he wasn't the problem.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, an argument could be made that if Thornton's only skating 7:45 a game and not fighting then maybe Caron would be a better option as it would give CJ a little more flexibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Crowls, an argument could be made that if Thornton's only skating 7:45 a game and not fighting then maybe Caron would be a better option as it would give CJ a little more flexibility.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I am truly against Thornton in all aspects, but yesterday he wasn't the problem.  Not including his OT time, that is.  His job during regulation time is to be on the ice and not allow the other team to score.  They didn't.

I still can't understand why the goon would be on the ice three minutes into OT, however.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : I am truly against Thornton in all aspects, but yesterday he wasn't the problem.  Not including his OT time, that is.  His job during regulation time is to be on the ice and not allow the other team to score.  They didn't. I still can't understand why the goon would be on the ice three minutes into OT, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I actually think Thornton has played well in his limited ice-time. As I said though, I think Caron offers far more flexibilty with his skill-set and it's not like the Caps will start pushing them around without 22 in the lineup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

CJ will roll the same lineup for game 3.  If they lose that one, we'll probably see Caron for game 4.  But the B's just played 2 pretty good hockey games, so no need to pull someone out of the line-up. 
    Posted by hangnail

The B's just played 2 pretty good hockey games? Umm, what I saw was a team that managed just 2 goals in 7+ periods of hockey. How is that good? Or even "pretty good"? Sorry, that kind of thinking will have you golfing in another week. Seguin needs to move to the first line NOW, and Caron should get a game, either on the 2nd or 4th line. Leave the 3rd line alone. They're actually doing something. One more thing - CJ needs to light a fire under Lucic. He just isn't being the real Milan Lucic right now, and we need that to be effective, especially with Horton out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Crowls, an argument could be made that if Thornton's only skating 7:45 a game and not fighting then maybe Caron would be a better option as it would give CJ a little more flexibility.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Like I said, seems a bit like a solution in search of a problem.  The following players had no goals, no assists and no points:
    Krejci: 27:57
    Lucic: 26:34
    Peverley: 26:40
    Seguin: 26:04
    Bergeron: 25:12
    Marchand: 23:49

This group needs to be better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Like I said, seems a bit like a solution in search of a problem.  The following players had no goals, no assists and no points: Krejci: 27:57 Lucic: 26:34 Peverley: 26:40 Seguin: 26:04 Bergeron: 25:12 Marchand: 23:49 This group needs to be better.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, my point is they need to create more of a net front presence and Lucic and Pouliot are the only wingers on the top 3 lines capable of doing that right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : I've seen Lucic skating hard and driving to the net.  I don't think he's playing poorly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The only no-shows somewhat have been  Krejci, Peverley, Seguin and I'll say Marchand also because he hasn't looked good enough offensively.
    Lucic on the otherhand maybe is jst a victim of his linemates , while he has forechecked well I haven't seen much of driving to the net and getting in on shots in close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : The only no-shows somewhat have been  Krejci, Peverley, Seguin and I'll say Marchand also because he hasn't looked good enough offensively. Lucic on the otherhand maybe is jst a victim of his linemates , while he has forechecked well I haven't seen much of driving to the net and getting in on shots in close.
    Posted by BsLegion

Interesting that Krejci was a no-show for the 1st round last year.  Hopefully, he snaps back for game 3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thornton played only 745mins not sure how much another playing that much time can be effective. 
    I still think , like many of you have mentioned in this thread ,  the Caps are not a team you hate nor will fight therefore maybe Julien would opt Caron in but not sure he would be a factor on the 4th line with 7mins of ice-time.
    I'm sure Julien is telling his team they need to get in front of the net and that's all Caron is thinking if he gets to play.  It's clear to stay in the lineup you do what the coach has been preaching.  This is why I think he would really help Krejci, it'll give him more space then add Lucic to this mix and I see success.

You cannot put Peverley on the 4th line and this is why my suggestion was to move Rolston to the 4th.  It won't upset the chemistry on the 3rd line with Kelly because Peverley brings the same speed if not more ,  better skill and has clicked with Kelly already.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Interesting that Krejci was a no-show for the 1st round last year.  Hopefully, he snaps back for game 3.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I didn't want to bring up the cliche "He's a slow starter "  . 
    A lot has to do with the center matched up with him.  Krejci is either losing all te faceoffs in the o-zone or getting thrown out of the face off circle.  No consentience , just like Plekanek in round1 last season.
    Beagle is getting away with put his stick across the faceoff dot and when the Bruin players complain linesmen Beagle pulls away , then when they're about to drop the puck his stick is back on the dot. 
    In Washington it'll be a little different as the Bruin player put his stick down first taking away that advantage of stick positioning on the faceoff by the Caps centers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I agree put Caron in, he drives to the net which we need.

Go B's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

jman4 says it best.  The thread is about Caron and what he can bring to the ice.  The other conversations here are about negatives.  The only negative is the team is not making space in front of the net.  CJ even said so.  Caron should replace someone to send a message, Paille will be the logical choice since Thornton is perceived as the the emotional leader on the team (?).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

jman4 says it best.  The thread is about Caron and what he can bring to the ice.  The other conversations here are about negatives.  The only negative is the team is not making space in front of the net.  CJ even said so.  Caron should replace someone to send a message, Paille will be the logical choice since Thornton is perceived as the the emotional leader on the team (?).
    Posted by islamorada

Very well said in short format. 
    Caron will do exactly what Julien is preaching, net presence. He's young , a rookie when it comes to the playoffs and knows if he does what Julien asks he has a very good chance to stay in the lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The series is tied 1 game to 1...Leave the team alone for the next game. Let them play into the offence we need, for one more game. THEN make your changes if the team loses the next game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Interesting that Krejci was a no-show for the 1st round last year.  Hopefully, he snaps back for game 3.
    Posted by Crowls2424

A no-show?  I don't know what series you've been watching, but DK was one of the first ones to hit somebody in game 1.  That's hardly a no-show.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : A no-show?  I don't know what series you've been watching, but DK was one of the first ones to hit somebody in game 1.  That's hardly a no-show.
    Posted by bim09

Krejci through 2 games:
    0 Goals
    0 Assists
    Plus/Minus: -1
    FO%: 35% (1-9 in Game 2)
    Shots: 3 (none in Game 1)
    Hits: 2 (none in Game 1)

Dominant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Krejci through 2 games: 0 Goals 0 Assists Plus/Minus: -1 FO%: 35% (1-9 in Game 2) Shots: 3 (none in Game 1) Hits: 2 (none in Game 1) Dominant.
    Posted by Crowls2424

wow !  I know he's been bad at faceoffs but that's horrible.  How can his line setup and start the forecheck everyone is screaming for when he can't win the faceoff?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : wow !  I know he's been bad at faceoffs but that's horrible.  How can his line setup and start the forecheck everyone is screaming for when he can't win the faceoff?
    Posted by BsLegion

0-7 against Backstrom.  Also seemed to get waived out a few times. 

Peverley was 5-8, maybe he should take DK's draws if he remains on that line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : 0-7 against Backstrom.  Also seemed to get waived out a few times.  Peverley was 5-8, maybe he should take DK's draws if he remains on that line.
    Posted by Crowls2424

He gets waved out a lot because the Caps are cheating and the linesmen don't see it.  It's nuts !  I eep screaming at my screen and my wife thins I'm nuts.
    Like I said in an earlier post this time it'll be the Bruin centers that can cheat putting their stick down first in the dot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : He gets waved out a lot because the Caps are cheating and the linesmen don't see it.  It's nuts !  I eep screaming at my screen and my wife thins I'm nuts. Like I said in an earlier post this time it'll be the Bruin centers that can cheat putting their stick down first in the dot.
    Posted by BsLegion

Beagle in particular is a pain.  Cheating with the stick, plus he has heavy forward lean that takes away head/shoulder space.

Beagle was 65% for the game, only Kelly had success against him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron : Beagle in particular is a pain.  Cheating with the stick, plus he has heavy forward lean that takes away head/shoulder space. Beagle was 65% for the game, only Kelly had success against him.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Yes yes, that's exactly it and his hands are so low down close to te paddle of the stick.
    The next 2 games that method won't work as well because as soon as he does down he won't have that leverage, space to crunch down plus the puck will be getting released before he goes all the way down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Time for Caron:
    They got to get the Krejci line going.  2 games, 2 goals ?  Not going to win many games like that especially when the other team has a couple of players that can end the game on 1 shot. I say put in an energetic Caron on the line with Lucic and Krejci.   Bergeron line remains the same.  Peverley on the 3rd line and Rolston on the 4th. Scratch one of the wingers on the 4th. It's not a panic move, it's what makes sense after 2 goals in 2 games (almost 3 if you count the OT).
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeh, I couldn't agree more. For as many good things that Peverley does, he's just not a first line forward. Put him back on the 3rd line where he belongs. Caron is at least willing to put his big body in front of the net, which is more than I can say for anyone else right now, and it's something that is in desperate need. Put either Rolston or Paille in the press box. Hate to lose Paille on the PK, but something needs to be done. Somebody please get in front of this goalie ...

Sections
Shortcuts