Time for Lucic and Horton to start producing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Time for Lucic and Horton to start producing

I play hockey with a lot of fat guys these days.  None of them backcheck in the 3rd period.

Therefore...;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I play hockey with a lot of fat guys these days.  None of them backcheck in the 3rd period.

Therefore...;)

1st few shifts everyone looks awesome.  I know where you are coming from fletch.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I should clarify my position on Nathan. A decent player who plays both ends of the ice. But for a guy that size, with those skills (3rd over-all pick) I just think he is a perpetual under-achiever. Yes, he had a very good play-off run, and without him the B's probably don't win, but so far this season... I just don't think he's ever going to be an impact player again. Let's face it,  most of us would be the same after the hit he took. 

His best year in Boston, on a VERY good line, he got 26 goals. It just seems like he was capable of so much more. Is 40 goals expecting too much? He's got the tools to do it. 

It'd be unfair to just pick on Horton. From the few games I've seen, Krejci seems to be setting the table nicely, but Lucic isn't finishing, or crashing the net to create scoring chances. Tame is the word. So yes, he needs to amp it up a bit too. Maybe he needs to beat some poor sole up to get going. Maybe all teams are leaving him alone as to not wake the beast. I don't know. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Horton should be busting his butt for his next contract, and unless he has a stellar playoff, it's probably not going to be here. I'm not sure he has any real trade value, but we may find out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Horton should be busting his butt for his next contract, and unless he has a stellar playoff, it's probably not going to be here. I'm not sure he has any real trade value, but we may find out. 

Like Dez said, it takes time to come back from severe concussion, maybe if his numbers are down this year due to that, the Bruins can get him at a good price in the off-season and reap the benefits in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

PC won't trade him. And some crazy GM will pay through the nose for his services come July 1. This is Horton's last season in the spoked B.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

PC won't trade him. And some crazy GM will pay through the nose for his services come July 1. This is Horton's last season in the spoked B.

... so if they were to extend his contract for a figure that would make another gm happy - reckon a trade would happen then?

I don't recollect another sign then drive (to the airport)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Muckler did it to Hossa.  Signed him and then dealt him to the future Jets for Heatley.  Now, that wasn't the NBA sign-and-trade where everyone is in on it.  Hossa was stunned.  It may have been....

GM suicide... (cue suspense music).

Based on last year's pace, Lucic would have had 17 points in 23 games.  He's three points back.  Horton's off by more than that, but as many have pointed out, he's recovering from a major injury and a much longer layoff than anyone else on the team.  Krejci is one point off of his career best pace.  Would now be a good time for them to find another gear?  Yep.  Is it essential that they do?  Probably not.  Barring a huge collapse team wide, the Bruins aren't likely to finish below 4th this year even if the first line holds at this pace.  They can lose a few more games in the second half.  What you want now is to have them in good shape for the playoffs - yes, even now, that probably is the more important goal than catching the Scabs or padding stats.  This year, it's a double marathon.  Fat Daddy needs to pace himself for the sprint to the finish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

... so if they were to extend his contract for a figure that would make another gm happy - reckon a trade would happen then?

Hope this doesn't happen or I would be wrong on both of my assertions.....the shame!! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The "Reverse Shup!"

"What is this? Bizarro world?"

I was actually thinking of Shup as Rodney Dangerfield...."Triple Lindy", Doing something...well Shup like! Reverse the bad, full-60min-jinks the Bruins have put themselves into. But Shuper does "Triple Lindys" all the time, he's just good like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I was actually thinking of Shup as Rodney Dangerfield...."Triple Lindy", Doing something...well Shup like! Reverse the bad, full-60min-jinks the Bruins have put themselves into. But Shuper does "Triple Lindys" all the time, he's just good like that.

Were you adjusting your tie when you typed that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For some reason, I've never pictured SanDog as a guy who wears a tie. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

For some reason, I've never pictured SanDog as a guy who wears a tie. 

hawaiian shirt and flip flops?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Were you adjusting your tie when you typed that?

Teachers wear clip ons but to go with the shirts n flop flops, it's I nice straw hat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Teachers wear clip ons but to go with the shirts n flop flops, it's I nice straw hat.

heh...you made me laugh out loud, scared my cat. Won't be seeing her for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sterotyping teachers is not a good thing, never wore a bow tie, sandals, or a flowered shirt worth of Bill Murray.  OMG I am the first to agree the bash brothers are not doing their thing on the first line.  Somehow I am not concerned, afterall, despite the shorten season, it is the mid season malaise!  During the playoffs the wingers can bash! All shall be fine as long as the Bs have another defenseman and a third line winger/centerman.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Sterotyping teachers is not a good thing, never wore a bow tie, sandals, or a flowered shirt worth of Bill Murray.  OMG I am the first to agree the bash brothers are not doing their thing on the first line.  Somehow I am not concerned, afterall, despite the shorten season, it is the mid season malaise!  During the playoffs the wingers can bash! All shall be fine as long as the Bs have another defenseman and a third line winger/centerman.  

You're a teacher too? What is the appropriate attire for an educator in the Granite State nowadays? It's been a few years since I have been back, I almost feel like a traitor....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

My prescription for what ails the line of Lucic/Krejci/Horton is the same one I would prescribe for the Bruins' oft-maligned Power Play;

To get the LKH line's nose for the net back, send them out, in tact, as the #1 Power Play Unit. (Followed by the Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin, in tact, as the #2 PP Unit)

This would allow the LKH line to rediscover their 'mojo' with the man advantage - and - would allow the MBS line to make even better use of the chemistry they are obviously already sharing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Therefore...;)

It's not that I don't want to backcheck, I'm cherry picking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Am I the only one praying that the KLH line goes off today? It would make this thread legendary. Then, years on, we can all sit around the campfire tell our grandchildren about the "Reverse Shupe".

Sections
Shortcuts