Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

The Bruins never addressed their lack of elite scorer and lack of netfront presence, nor their power play. They tried a minor tweak in getting Corvo but he was a from bad to worse pickup. Than they picked up Rolston who tried valiantly but was an obvious on-the-cheap pickup, along with Motteau and Zanon. The truly great teams this year, which were and are Philly and the Rangers (and a couple of western teams), did major shuffling. The Bruins dpended on another all world season from Thomas to occur, and though "Oh, we're still the best despite the giant improvements by NY and Philly" which just about everybody except Chia and a couple of nameless tea drinkers on this board, knew was impossible. What the rest of us said, that the B's didn't do enough, was spot on. The B's would not have beat NY, Philly, Pittsburgh, LA, or Vancouver with this lineup, sad to say, had they gotten by Washington. The pitiful offensive output/pp versus Washington was the proof in our pudding. Watch the Rangers destroy Washington. Why? because they built themselves to win whether or not their elite goalie is unbeatable. They cut through Washington's average defense like a knife thru butter, while the B's were like butterknives attempting to slice the toughest of meat. I say all this because I don't want just tweaks again. That's proven to fail already. I want a new power play coach, an elite pointman, and an elite scorer. We have TIMMAY and Krecji as tradeable assets. Krecji ain't cutting it here anymore, TIMMAY has unfortunatey shown his age but is still an asset, and Tuuka and Khudabin are heirs apparent. Let's right this ship this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

I say it's time to fire PC.  The Bruins couldn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time since '08.  I know no one else has made it to the 2nd round in each of the past 4 seasons, but that is unexceptable here in Boston.  We have higher standards here.  It's either 2nd round or you're fired.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What a load.  What a total pantload.

First, you have no way of knowing what would have happened in round two if Bergeron had buried his chance in OT.  And they were that close to making round two and a fresh start against the Flyers, who are a far different team than the Capitals.  For one thing, they wouldn't be sitting back in a 1-4, so the Bruins would have been able to get more from their counter-attack game than they did vs. Washington.  Similarly, the Rangers were an OT goal away from being eliminated by the 8th seed. The Penguins are gone. The Canucks are gone. All of them are built the way you think the Bruins should be with superstars making goofy money on the top line and then...whatever they can still afford.

The Bruins have a model for building their team. It's about having waves of good players who at any point and time can find a groove and play like great players.  You get three or four of them finding that groove at the same time, and it's almost impossible to stop them.  That is far, far more important in the game today than the one or two superstars you're calling for in your headline - how did having three elite scorers and an elite PP point man work for the Penguins? The Canucks?

The Flyers blew it up because the Bruins took them apart with this model last year.  Now they're built like the Bruins - young star emerging in Giroux, young players playing key roles in Couturier, Schenn and Read up front.  Scoring on multiple lines.  Power forward left wing who scores in tight.  But remember at the beginning of the year, there were a lot of people on this board who expected the Flyers to eat dirt all year.  The Rangers did what the Rangers always do - they tried to sign the most expensive guy.  And they got him.  But to say that the Bruins should have reacted to this is goofy.  Goofyer to say that the Rangers are built to win even if Lundqvist is sub-super.  Really?  Did you see their record when he was merely human or when he was out?  Did you notice that that was when the Penguins very nearly caught and passed them for first in the East?  When Vancouver caught them for the President's Trophy?

There's no sense in what you're proposing.  It would be about stats and conforming to what sports talk radio garbage thinks teams should do - because they like only having to know the names of two or three stars and not how the game is played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Elite scorer?  Seguin

PP QB?  Hamilton

Cost to the team to acquire these player this summer?  Your IQ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

You can't just simply get an elite scorer. Gotta give up a lot (probably Rask and/or Hamilton).....

Plus, this team has 6 guys with the potential to score 30 goals, and they were one of the highest scoring teams all season.

It's the PP that needs serious work, not the personel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

In response to "Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)": [QUOTE]I say it's time to fire PC.  The Bruins couldn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time since '08.  I know no one else has made it to the 2nd round in each of the past 4 seasons, but that is unexceptable here in Boston.  We have higher standards here.  It's either 2nd round or you're fired. Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE] Fire PC? Did he turn the puck over in OT? 3 of top 4 seeds didn't make it out of the 1st round and the top seed went 7 games. Florida lost in 7 and B's OT of game 7. Sounds like parity to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach):
    [QUOTE]I say it's time to fire PC.  The Bruins couldn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time since '08.  I know no one else has made it to the 2nd round in each of the past 4 seasons, but that is unexceptable here in Boston.  We have higher standards here.  It's either 2nd round or you're fired.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Thanks for a good laugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach):
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)": Fire PC? Did he turn the puck over in OT? 3 of top 4 seeds didn't make it out of the 1st round and the top seed went 7 games. Florida lost in 7 and B's OT of game 7. Sounds like parity to me.
    Posted by teibore1[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of sarcasm?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I say it's time to fire PC.  The Bruins couldn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time since '08.  I know no one else has made it to the 2nd round in each of the past 4 seasons, but that is unexceptable here in Boston.  We have higher standards here.  It's either 2nd round or you're fired.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Couldnt make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time since 08? I'd say thats a reason NOT to fire him. He's done a terrific job, how many teams would like the Bruins goaltending situation? Their core of players?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Also, not sure what you consider an elite scorer. There a very few players who put up 40+ in a season. Seguin scored 29 at the ages of 19 and 20... not too worried.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach) : Couldnt make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time since 08? I'd say thats a reason NOT to fire him. He's done a terrific job, how many teams would like the Bruins goaltending situation? Their core of players?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Wow, this post has generated a lot of miscommunication as well as varied opinions. I like that as it keeps the dialogue going. Still, I don't like the idea of pressuring Dougie too early. We need a rent-a-QB for a bit while Dougie develops. No guarantee he'll even be on the parent team next year. Krug looks like a viable asset, but I'd still rather see a Corvo replacement for next year, someone the level of a Gonchar or even Subban. Whatever, this power play stinks and it has stunk for way too long. And Seguin is great but he can't score all the goals. We need a proven scorer. Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this post has generated a lot of miscommunication as well as varied opinions. I like that as it keeps the dialogue going. Still, I don't like the idea of pressuring Dougie too early. We need a rent-a-QB for a bit while Dougie develops. No guarantee he'll even be on the parent team next year. Krug looks like a viable asset, but I'd still rather see a Corvo replacement for next year, someone the level of a Gonchar or even Subban. Whatever, this power play stinks and it has stunk for way too long. And Seguin is great but he can't score all the goals. We need a proven scorer. Period.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Can't wait til the Bruins don't need Rent-a-pmd's anymore. They seem to get worse each year. Hopefully Hamilton or Krug can be the answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this post has generated a lot of miscommunication as well as varied opinions. I like that as it keeps the dialogue going. Still, I don't like the idea of pressuring Dougie too early. We need a rent-a-QB for a bit while Dougie develops. No guarantee he'll even be on the parent team next year. Krug looks like a viable asset, but I'd still rather see a Corvo replacement for next year, someone the level of a Gonchar or even Subban. Whatever, this power play stinks and it has stunk for way too long. And Seguin is great but he can't score all the goals. We need a proven scorer. Period.
    Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach) : Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's time for Thomas to be moved and let Rask take over.  Take what can be gotten for Thomas before it's too late.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]
    You've really got that broken record thing down pat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion?
    Posted by dezaruchi

This from the man who said the B's had plenty of talent left to repeat after they dumped Ryder and didn't pick up a replacement scorer. Well, Mr. wrong is wrong on that point as well. It's just Dez being Dez I guess. He aslo lacked the proper level of intellect to noice some people misinterpreted a Chiarelli should be fired comment by another poster. Wow, he's a serious piece of work.  He is, as usual, my main source of humor on this site.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion? Posted by dezaruchi This from the man who said the B's had plenty of talent left to repeat after they dumped Ryder and didn't pick up a replacement scorer. Well, Mr. wrong is wrong on that point as well. It's just Dez being Dez I guess. He aslo lacked the proper level of intellect to noice some people misinterpreted a Chiarelli should be fired comment by another poster. Wow, he's a serious piece of work.  He is, as usual, my main source of humor on this site.
    You're stuff is hard enough to read in regular size. You've really got to get over this crush of yours though. I've told you a number of tims that I on't feel the same way about you. You'll just have to get over it since growing up is obviously out of the question for you. Don't forget, between the 2 of us, only one has credibilty here. Do you really think it's you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In an ideal world, Im not sure the 'elite scorer," complete with elite pricetag, is the guy I'd be looking for.  Those guys, to me, seem to show their worth more often over an 82 game schedule rather than at playoff time. They also seem to get keyed on in the playoffs and come up with the full Thornton/Sedin blanks.  I dont see the B's in terrible shape there, with their commitment to depth.

In watching the B's every game, it seemed they were suceptible to periods of time where they threw a lot of low percentage shots on goal, made every goalie look like a Hall of Famer, and seemed they couldnt score a goal all week.  They looked like that against Washington.  To me, I'd like to see a power forward type who's willing to crash the net, cause rebounds, tips, screens and well, ugly goals and mayhem.  It seems this is the type of personnel upgrade that could improve the B's at playoff time.

Not sure who's available that fits that bill, but thats the kind of player Id like to add. The B's just have a habit of not sustaining net presence sometimes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Your cerdibility is only with the 4 or 5 coolaid drinkers who's opinions you haven't attempted to trash because they each share your pack of sheep mentality. The independent thinkers and those who aren't afraid to call a bad trade, or lack of improvement, what it is, they avoid you like Kaberle avoids the weight room. Sorry to ruin your day by bringing up your mancrush again Dez.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

major moves aren't coming, PC stated that the reason the B'S lost was due to the play of the Caps' third & fourth-line grinders because of their size and toughness....

that's what he'll be looking to add....  i just hope those guys can score some goals too.... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Your cerdibility is only with the 4 or 5 coolaid drinkers who's opinions you haven't attempted to trash because they each share your pack of sheep mentality. The independent thinkers and those who aren't afraid to call a bad trade, or lack of improvement, what it is, they avoid you like Kaberle avoids the weight room. Sorry to ruin your day by bringing up your mancrush again Dez.
    Why do you still bother trying when you're so clearly outmatched? I'm glad I can be a source of entertainment for you though. I figure it's only fair since everyone's laughing at you. BTW, learn to spell credibility and you'll start down the road to getting some.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez is also the idiot that said the Flyers basically sux. I told him they made some excellent moves and have improved. He as usual said I don't know what I'm talking about.
    How ya liking that brilliant analysis of yours regarding the Flyers now Dez?

Dez, always wrong, always humorous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez is also the idiot that said the Flyers basically sux. I told him they made some excellent moves and have improved. He as usual said I don't know what I'm talking about. How ya liking that brilliant analysis of yours regarding the Flyers now Dez? Dez, always wrong, always humorous.
    Firstly, no one cares about the conversations that took place in your mind. Secondly, the Flyers have won the same number of playoff games as they did last year and are 10 wins behind what they won the year before. How about you wait until the Flyers have 3 wins in the Finals before proclaiming them to be so vastly improved. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. It's because that would take some actual thinking before commenting. We can't expect you to start doing that now can we?