Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach)

Your flair for denial of the obvious is well, shall I say it again? Quite amusing Dez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach):
    Your flair for denial of the obvious is well, shall I say it again? Quite amusing Dez.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

What was your favourite reply on the thread? Was it one of the clearly sarcastic ones or the one in which your post was referred to as a "pantload"? I personally liked the pantload one the best. It was the clearest description of your "ideas".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I would have bet dollars to donuts that you WOULD like the pantload comment, Dez, because the intellectual level of you and Bookboy is best suited to toilet humor. Grab your copy of Mad Magazine and nhave yourself a great time. Most of the rest of us find your and Bookboys fetish with the toilet humor a bit disturbing.

Not to say I still don't find you extremely humorous in your general ignorance Dez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach):
    I would have bet dollars to donuts that you WOULD like the pantload comment, Dez, because the intellectual level of you and Bookboy is best suited to toilet humor. Grab your copy of Mad Magazine and nhave yourself a great time. Most of the rest of us find your and Bookboys fetish with the toilet humor a bit disturbing. Not to say I still don't find you extremely humorous in your general ignorance Dez.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Wow, you're really flailing now. Oh well, good luck with that. Maybe you'll understand better if I speak to you in your language so, 23 skidoo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

He he Dez, once again you've backed down from someone pointing out one of your MANY shortcomings. So have it your way, skidoo and good night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He he Dez, once again you've backed down from someone pointing out one of your MANY shortcomings. So have it your way, skidoo and good night.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Backed down? Shortcomings? You do realize I can't hear the things that are in your head right? BTW, laughing at your own jokes doesn't make them funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'm all for getting a more talented first line on the ice. After this last series, some things became obvious to my eye. If it were up to me, I'd make some changes, and I'd be willing to make some moves to get there, if the right situation was available. I also would be willing to give some youth a shot, if it meant getting more top line help.

I didn't get upset when they lost, cause I saw the holes they have in this roster.
    They played their guts out, and that's all you could ask for. No complaints.

I think it's time for Seguin to be a 1st line center. He finally showed in game 7 that he can crank up the compete factor, which was desperately lacking. His talent is unmatched on this roster. I say give him the responsibility, I think he will respond. He is our elite talent.

I'm worried about Horton returning to his previous levels. When PC said he was shutting Horton down for the rest of the season he said "Nathan was relieved"
    I found that to be somewhat troubling. It would have been a little more understandable to hear how disappointed or upset he was that he wasn't going to be able to play. Just not sure how a Nathan Horton deals with that type of injury emotionally. It's a shame because when healthy, he's the legit first line wing we need.

Nobody is a bigger Lucic supporter than me. I think he needs to be on the second line. If he's going to be on the 1st line , he needs a big time talent on the other wing.

Krejci and Bergeron are pass first players. Bergeron is a great player, he does not posses the greatest shot. Krejci is uniquely gifted and skilled, he has a below average shot. It kills this team on the PP.

This was not the same team that won the cup. Ryder and Recchi were sorely missed, and it really showed when the post season kicked in. That talent was never replaced.

Peverly is not a 1st line forward. I'm glad we have him, but he's barely top 6 material.

I'd like to see an offensive minded dman, sounds like Hamilton could be it. Get him on the ice, and accept that he will be on a learning curve. This team can handle it. They won with Kaberle palying D.

You are going to have to give to get. I think they need to upgrade the top 3 forwards, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cup right back where it belongs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm all for getting a more talented first line on the ice. After this last series, some things became obvious to my eye. If it were up to me, I'd make some changes, and I'd be willing to make some moves to get there, if the right situation was available. I also would be willing to give some youth a shot, if it meant getting more top line help. I didn't get upset when they lost, cause I saw the holes they have in this roster. They played their guts out, and that's all you could ask for. No complaints. I think it's time for Seguin to be a 1st line center. He finally showed in game 7 that he can crank up the compete factor, which was desperately lacking. His talent is unmatched on this roster. I say give him the responsibility, I think he will respond. He is our elite talent. I'm worried about Horton returning to his previous levels. When PC said he was shutting Horton down for the rest of the season he said "Nathan was relieved" I found that to be somewhat troubling. It would have been a little more understandable to hear how disappointed or upset he was that he wasn't going to be able to play. Just not sure how a Nathan Horton deals with that type of injury emotionally. It's a shame because when healthy, he's the legit first line wing we need. Nobody is a bigger Lucic supporter than me. I think he needs to be on the second line. If he's going to be on the 1st line , he needs a big time talent on the other wing. Krejci and Bergeron are pass first players. Bergeron is a great player, he does not posses the greatest shot. Krejci is uniquely gifted and skilled, he has a below average shot. It kills this team on the PP. This was not the same team that won the cup. Ryder and Recchi were sorely missed, and it really showed when the post season kicked in. That talent was never replaced. Peverly is not a 1st line forward. I'm glad we have him, but he's barely top 6 material. I'd like to see an offensive minded dman, sounds like Hamilton could be it. Get him on the ice, and accept that he will be on a learning curve. This team can handle it. They won with Kaberle palying D. You are going to have to give to get. I think they need to upgrade the top 3 forwards, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cup right back where it belongs.
    Posted by JWensink

Very well thought out post JWens. Hard to disagree with any of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Major Change (Elite scorer, elite PP pointman, and new PP coach) : Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion?
    Posted by dezaruchi

tee hee

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Getting Horton back healthy is important. We really need him. I think it is a lot to ask Hamilton to step in and be the quarterback on the power play right away. I would like to see Boychuk get more power play time. Peverly on the point was a mistake. The Caps didn't fear his shot so they cut Chara's shot off. Boychuk has a great shot and opposing team would have to respect that shot. The player that really has me concerned is Lucic. His regular season numbers the last two season have been respectable with 62 & 61 points. However, he has turned into Alexi Yashin in the playoffs. He was ineffective against the Caps. He wasn't good against the Habs in the 1st round last year. He needs to be more of a factor in the playoffs. Sometimes I wonder if the Bruins would be better of trading him and signing Parise.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

One thing that everyone has probably realized by now is how difficult it is to win the Cup, and how EVERYTHING has to fall into place, at the exact right moments, to make it happen.  Just because you have the best team in the regular season doesn't mean squat.  Just because you have the top player in the league doesn't mean squat. 

It seems to me that the major determining factors in a series win are:  the goalies, and the 3rd and 4th lines.  The team that can roll all four lines and can get + results from the bottom 6 forwards has the edge.  The team who's goalie gets hot at the right time has the edge.  The team with the healthiest team has the edge.  The team with all of those things going, is GOING to win.

So rarely do all of those things come together, at the right time.

For the Canucks, they still couldn't ice a reliable 4th line.  They had key injuries to star players. They couldn't muster the same intensity level as last year. The Kings had a goalie playing lights out.  They got key goals at key times. 

For the Bruins, they came against a team with a very strong bottom 6 forward lineup, a hot goalie, and a team peaking at just the right time.  Without Horton, and without TT playing the way  he played in the Conf. Finals and Cup Finals last year, the Bruins came up just a bit short vs. the Caps.  To me, that's the difference.  It's never much, but's it's always enough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I say it's time to fire PC.  The Bruins couldn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 1st time since '08.  I know no one else has made it to the 2nd round in each of the past 4 seasons, but that is unexceptable here in Boston.  We have higher standards here.  It's either 2nd round or you're fired.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

this post is a tongue-in-cheek reference to Felger and Mazz... shocked no one picked up on that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Saying that those that have  different opinions than you are sheep or coolaid drinkers does not make you sound like an independent and rational thinker... quite the opposite. It makes you sound closed minded and disrespectful of those who's thoughts are different than your own.

Your cerdibility is only with the 4 or 5 coolaid drinkers who's opinions you haven't attempted to trash because they each share your pack of sheep mentality. The independent thinkers and those who aren't afraid to call a bad trade, or lack of improvement, what it is, they avoid you like Kaberle avoids the weight room. Sorry to ruin your day by bringing up your mancrush again Dez.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

It's time for Thomas to be moved and let Rask take over.  Take what can be gotten for Thomas before it's too late.
    Posted by bellhorn_

Ya know....just because you post the same lame position in as many threads as possible doesn't (necessarily) make it correct. In this case, it doesn't.

You make it sound like he is a cancer on the team and needs to be removed ASAP regardless of the return. He is not. By all public accounts he is a good team mate and valuable to the club on and off the ice.
    PC has to weight the options carefully and then make a move IF it benefits the team moving forward...not to please bellhorn_ because he stated it 200 times in the last few weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Varied opinions? There was your opinion and then all of the others pointing out you don't know what you're talking about. What's the confusion? Posted by dezaruchi This from the man who said the B's had plenty of talent left to repeat after they dumped Ryder and didn't pick up a replacement scorer. Well, Mr. wrong is wrong on that point as well. It's just Dez being Dez I guess. He aslo lacked the proper level of intellect to noice some people misinterpreted a Chiarelli should be fired comment by another poster. Wow, he's a serious piece of work.  He is, as usual, my main source of humor on this site.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Ummm...I don't know why people focus on the loss of goal production when they allowed Ryder to sign in Dallas and the retirement of Recchi:

2010-11 Goals For - 244
    2011-12 Goals For - 260

And this occured over the 'drought' we experienced from Jan-Mar '12 when nothing seemed to go in. We also were not scoring much on the PP this season and still managed to score more goals than last year.

Doesn't seem like personel is the problem on the PP - seems like PP game plan.
    That falls largely on Geoff Ward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Congratulations to all! This is a stirring debate and I'm glad there are so many opinions! Go B's next year! And keep this string going Boys and Ladies!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Congratulations to all! This is a stirring debate and I'm glad there are so many opinions! Go B's next year! And keep this string going Boys and Ladies!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Once again, it's your opinion and the rest of the people laughing at your opinion. WOW,WHAT A DEBATE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

OrrEspoCactus, you should check out the "Alternate Reality" thread (to see some actual constructive thoughts). Unfortunately, you choose to try living in your own alternate reality. I bet you're the King there so I guess that beats the Jester we all see here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

LOL Dez, you're as usual very entertaining in a Neanderthal sort of way. And your love affair with my postings is also intriguing. Me hopes at some point I'll have you fully educated and cured of your sheep mentality. You and a few other of your mutton-esque friends and fellow coolaid drinkers will be better in no time. Till then keep on entertaining us free thinkers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

LOL Dez, you're as usual very entertaining in a Neanderthal sort of way. And your love affair with my postings is also intriguing. Me hopes at some point I'll have you fully educated and cured of your sheep mentality. You and a few other of your mutton-esque friends and fellow coolaid drinkers will be better in no time. Till then keep on entertaining us free thinkers!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

That's the spirit. Join in the laughs since we're all laughing at you anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez the Entertainer--Cedrick's got himself some competition ; - )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I thought that we were the better team but the Caps played terrific defense---something they hadn't done in previous years---and as the cliche goes the better team doesn't always win. What bothered me most, aside from the horrendous PP, were all the little mistakes. Much too often we were offsides, which is totally unforgivable on power plays. It looked as if guys didn't have a clue what the plan was or even if there was one. Many times we iced the puck, not as a result of pressure, but because long passres were way off the mark. And finally, isn't there anyone on the team who can win a faceoff aside from Bergeron? Whether it was the result of an icing or Thomas holding the puck for a faceoff, we usually lost the ensuing faceoff and the Caps could blast away from the point. I thought that better coaching could have rectified many of these issues. Oh, and did Lucic suit up at all for the series?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins are excellent on faceoffs. In fact, Peverley is statistically better than Bergeron. I think a large part of the problem was Jay Beagle. He's a converted winger who had never taken NHL draws until late this year. He was fantastic at it and I don't think the Bruins knew how to handle the new guy.

Lucic was physical and set up some nice goals, which is valuable in a low scoring chance series like that one. I guess you missed that.

I thought that we were the better team but the Caps played terrific defense---something they hadn't done in previous years---and as the cliche goes the better team doesn't always win. What bothered me most, aside from the horrendous PP, were all the little mistakes. Much too often we were offsides, which is totally unforgivable on power plays. It looked as if guys didn't have a clue what the plan was or even if there was one. Many times we iced the puck, not as a result of pressure, but because long passres were way off the mark. And finally, isn't there anyone on the team who can win a faceoff aside from Bergeron? Whether it was the result of an icing or Thomas holding the puck for a faceoff, we usually lost the ensuing faceoff and the Caps could blast away from the point. I thought that better coaching could have rectified many of these issues. Oh, and did Lucic suit up at all for the series?!
    Posted by trouts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In watching the B's every game, it seemed they were suceptible to periods of time where they threw a lot of low percentage shots on goal, made every goalie look like a Hall of Famer, and seemed they couldnt score a goal all week.  They looked like that against Washington.  To me, I'd like to see a power forward type who's willing to crash the net, cause rebounds, tips, screens and well, ugly goals and mayhem.  It seems this is the type of personnel upgrade that could improve the B's at playoff time. Not sure who's available that fits that bill, but thats the kind of player Id like to add. The B's just have a habit of not sustaining net presence sometimes.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Have a cigar.

Probably the one negative consequence of Lucic being on the first line is that that role is not to crash the net and cause mayhem. Playing the CJ system, and playing with DK means puck retrieval, strong cycle on the boards, not a lot of bullying into the crease.  It would be great if, periodically, he would charge to the net, take a pass, get off a one-time in a lane, then follow it in. But that isn't the offensive structure they have.  You used to see Marchand and Bergeron do this really well - both go hard to the net and force the D's hand, and then bury the shot or make a late pass for a tap-in.

Being able to generate mayhem isn't easy on a nightly basis - it takes a high motor and a decent brain (to stay out of the box).  Not easy to list guys who can do that and also score.

Totally agree about them getting into the habit of long, lousy shots.  It reeks of panic with the puck, and it's ironic that they do it more the more challenged they are to score.  It's that stupid conventional wisdom of a shot never being a bad idea and the solution to slumps being to just fire the puck at the net and look for garbage.  Here's a thought: how about hanging on to the puck and looking for a lane to develop, for guys to get in position for rebounds or passes? 

Sections
Shortcuts