Time for Neely to Throw a Nutty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Time for Neely to Throw a Nutty

After watching the Pens outwork, outhit and outplay the B's out of the gate yesterday, I think it's time for some intervention.  Neely needs to light into this crew and remind them what it means to be a Boston Bruin.  I don't care if your last name is Hamill or Chara, everyone on that roster needs a wake-up call right now.  Tomorrow might be too late.  Get at 'em, Cam.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Time for Neely to Throw a Nutty

I agree Hang that it wouldn't hurt for Neely to head into the locker room with some of that Cam snarl followed by a good ripping. However there is nothing Cam can do to stop groin pulls, bruised feet from slapshots, high ankle sprains, post concussion syndrome or a tweaked knee. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, I didn't see a lack of effort on the Bruins part. I thought the game had playoff energy from both teams. The team needs to get healthy.  They entered the game down 4 forwards and lost 3 more guys by the end. Between that and new guys coming into the lineup it's hard for the team to play their systems properly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Throw a nutty for what? An undermanned Bruins team that's looked like a M*A*SH* unit the last month or so?

They're missing Horton and Peverly, 2 of their better playmakers.
    They're missing Rask, who's been very solid in net
    The have a revolving door of D-men going down every other game
    Yesterday, they saw SEVERAL guys get hurt against the hottest team in the leauge.

Exactly what is him screaming gonna do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Agreed.  By the start of the 3rd yesterday, we were missing Horton, Peverley, Paille, Pouliot, Bergeron, McQuaid, Rask, Khudobin, Sauve - and we still had Corvo - against a very hot club.  In addition, thanks to NBC's dollar power, we started two games in two cities in less than 24 hours with clocks moving ahead one hour ... so 2 games, 2 cities, and less than 23 hours.

Perhaps NOT time for a nutty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Agree.

It's sad that he has to do it again, but it's about that time.  I am disturbed by the comments in the press from yeserday's game.  I saw the same in denial comments yet again. 

"We were caught chasing a two-goal deficit before the game even started," Boston forward Shawn Thornton said. "Really it wasn't for lack of effort, just bad bounces ... but for the last 40 minutes we played a solid game even with a short bench."

No, Shawn. Love you as a player, but you're wrong here.  It was effort.  What Pitt did is what YOU and your teammates should have looked like after laying an egg just 24 hours earlier at home for the second week in a row to an inferior team.

It's not "bad bounces".  This is what I am talking about right here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Neely to Throw a Nutty:
    [QUOTE]Agreed.  By the start of the 3rd yesterday, we were missing Horton, Peverley, Paille, Pouliot, Bergeron, McQuaid, Rask, Khudobin, Sauve - and we still had Corvo - against a very hot club.  In addition, thanks to NBC's dollar power, we started two games in two cities in less than 24 hours with clocks moving ahead one hour ... so 2 games, 2 cities, and less than 23 hours. Perhaps NOT time for a nutty.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Although the injuries are clearly an issue, that's still an excuse.  Even before Peverly went down, the roots of this problem were there. 

Now, some are just pointing to injuries, apparently in the game itself yesterday, as to why they got outworked yet again 2 weekend games in a row.  Or, even in games post Al Star break.

Remmeber the headline by Thornton I think it was, post All Star break about feeling rejuvenated/re-charged?  They've been doing this since the All Star break.  It's now March 12th.

It's about character and playing like you have a set. They have it, they just lost it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The Pens pushed the B's around in the first period.  That's not ok.  College players would have pushed back harder than the big boys did yesterday.  Granted, the second and third periods were better, but the game was over after 20 minutes.  Neely should pull a Bobby Knight and set expectations.  You can use the excuse of injuries until the cows come home, but sooner or later you have to win hockey games and it doesn't matter who says what to get that done.  Mabe they just need to hear a different voice right now to give them a spark.  Can't hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Plus, they made a liar out of my sig, and I'm mad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Did anyone happen to see the shot of Neely in the press box at the Pens game?

He had on his "Manson lights"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Injuries are an excuse, a good excuse. Talent wins hockey games and the Bruins, down 7 players, have a challenge in the talent department to beat the Penguins, even with them down 2 good players. There was no lacking in Bruins effort in that game. I feel like sometimes people who don't understand hockey say their team didn't work hard enough when they lose. There was lots of hard work, but there was an injury to a McQuaid that directly resulted in a goal, a couple missed chances for Lucic to pot one, some misfires by Seguin and so on. There was lack of execution and some bad luck, but plenty of effort.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Oates I wear the black and gold sunglasses too but Pitt pushed the B's around like they were a bunch of schoolgirls in that first period.  The B's had zero pushback until it was too late.  They just weren't ready to compete with a good team like the Pens.  That's a problem that should be addressed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

isnt this Juliens job?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Pit is missing the best player in the world and they keep on trucking. You have  2 options when the injury bug hits, step up and make most of the opportunity and extra ice time or use it as a excuse to play weak lazy hockey. I think we know what the Bs are doing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]isnt this Juliens job?
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^
    Exactly!

Some say "Can't hurt" -- but there is a chance of doing some serious damage to the line of command in the organization.

What is the message being sent to the room if the team President has to come down from his box and light a fire under the team?  What does that say about management's confidence in Julien?

And, how does Julien move forward if Neely's diatribe actually works, and gets the team out if its funk?  Kinda makes CJ a lame duck coach, as perceived by the players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Neely to Throw a Nutty : ^^^^^^ Exactly! Some say "Can't hurt" -- but there is a chance of doing some serious damage to the line of command in the organization. What is the message being sent to the room if the team President has to come down from his box and light a fire under the team?  What does that say about management's confidence in Julien? And, how does Julien move forward if Neely's diatribe actually works, and gets the team out if its funk?  Kinda makes CJ a lame duck coach, as perceived by the players.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Gm's come into the room & go off on teams all the time. Neely's the President,  when you have a man of Neely's stature in the organization & if he felt the need the team needed to here it? I don't think Cam would have an issue about stepping on somebody's toes! Doesn't make the players have any more disrespect for CJ at all! If it does, then he already lost the room to begin with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think the team is gassed. But the best tired play in the world is Stanley Cup hangover play... Go Bruins!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Pit is missing the best player in the world and they keep on trucking. You have  2 options when the injury bug hits, step up and make most of the opportunity and extra ice time or use it as a excuse to play weak lazy hockey. I think we know what the Bs are doing.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they have the second best player in the world to replace him with.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not wearing black and gold glasses and I was watching the game with Pens fans. No one thought the Bruins weren't giving effort. There was lots of skating and hitting and outshooting. The Pens executed better. If Malkin or Neal push a guy around, it doesn't mean the guy isn't trying, it means that Malkin or Neal are stronger. It's a misconception that the Bruins are a big team. Outside of Lucic and Horton, most of the Bruins skilled forwards are on the small side. The D is big and strong but the forwards are not. Lucic did his part physically, but the rest of the team needs to be better, not tougher or more energetic. And really, they need to be healthier so the depth can make a difference.

[QUOTE]Oates I wear the black and gold sunglasses too but Pitt pushed the B's around like they were a bunch of schoolgirls in that first period.  The B's had zero pushback until it was too late.  They just weren't ready to compete with a good team like the Pens.  That's a problem that should be addressed.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts