TIME for PC to get someone NOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TIME for PC to get someone NOW

Bring back Miro if we have to ...in 2 games against Detroit 3-10 ....

We gave 16 goals in the lst 3 games ..what are we waitng for ?????????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (Only if PC makes a move NOW)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: TIME for PC to get someone NOW

What if he gets Jordin Tootoo?

In the interviews I've heard the GM's are always on the phone with each other all the time.

Making a deal is easy.  Making a good deal is hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Toutou ..no way

I would prefer Miro

but what we need is an impact player : Spezza-Penner-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Oh stanley, your love for miro is great.  He broke his hand a few weeks back in the khl and is done for the year, can we please move on from him.

Yes, we need impact guys, no more patch work attempts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

How about Jason Spezza, Dustin Penner oe Marian Gaborik ????

Why do we have to wait the deadline to get a player ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013(with just one addition)

and by the way when is Paille coming back ...I miss him , he was playing better lately

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Maybe Atlanta is offering up Nik Antropov.  What do you think?  Washed out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: TIME for PC to get someone NOW:
    Posted by olsonstephanie

Spezza lite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I will welcome anyone that can help this pathetic powerplay right now.  They can barely even get set up most times.  Preferably someone that can man the point on the PP.  Get Recchi away from there, and what good is Boychuks "johnny rocket" on the PP if he can never get it on net?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Who are they going to get? Nobody is coming in here that will make this a Cup winner. I'd take Kaberle and Kessel and a new coach but really there is nobody that will make this a great team. I don't think Julien could win it all if he had the Red Army.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

To address the coaching issue, I think we sometimes forget what Claude was brought in here to do- improve our defense and make the Bruins a team that is tough to play against.  I'm pretty sure you can check both off the list.  The fact that we are clamoring about winning a Cup and not just getting into the playoffs is a testament to what PC and Julien have done with this team.

However, these band-aid deadline deals need to stop this year.  Spezza, Gaborik and Penner are all horrible options (as explained by pbergeron37) and Antropov, though a good, strong player, is overpaid too (4 million).  

A deal for Brad Richards probably won't happen, but if we're dealing with Toronto, why not Kaberle and Kris Versteeg in a package deal?  Versteeg has less of a cap hit and we wouldn't have to give up as much as we would for Kessel

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by olsonstephanie

A late season pickup?  Antropov?

Pick up Antropov?

That's the chauffer service at Dewey Cheatem and Howe, Pickup AndDropoff.

Darn.  Jack Edwards rubbed off on me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Antropov is a waste. I wouldn't trade a bag of pucks for that guy. Not to mention that he has 2 years left on his contract at a cap hit of $4.0625 million each season. I've said it before & I'll say it again, I'd rather go after Jason Arnott. He is playoff tested & his contract is up after this season so there is no long term finacial commitment.

If we're going to go off the names mentioned above, a guy we should look at his Stephen Weiss. He puts up decent numbers without much help in Florida. He is signed through 2013 with a cap hit of $3.1 million. He wouldn't be expected to carry the whole load and I think he would do well here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

Are they even shopping Tanguay? I've heard much more about Iginla.  Tanguay's a solid player though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

PC will check on getting Richards but like trying to get Hossa or Kolvy it didn't happen. Top end players are very hard to get and I don't think there is anyone out there for PC to get. I like the idea of Weiss because he is young and a good player with a low cap hit and could help us. The Habs also like him so it would be better we got him instead and a player like MaCabe on D would be good on the PP with Chara, also affordable.

The Bruins can make these moves easier than trying for top end players and give up alot less. The Bruins have to improve the PP and these guys can help, but to be realistic these are the type of players we are most likely to get.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Why do we NEED to win the Cup this year and why do we NEED to make a blockbuster trade? Can we not just make small tweaks (have I mentioned Foster, Greene and Tedenby before?) that make us better and give us a chance at a Cup, but don't also sacrafice our future? I've yet to see a championship by any team, outside of the CFL, that I cheer for in my lifetime (Expos, Winnepeg Jets, Vancouver Grizzlies., Raptors, Vikings, Hotspurs, and Bruins - three of those teams folded for godssake) 

In my lifetime I have only seen 3 championship titles (all by the Winnipeg Bluebombers) so how come I'm one of the more patient ones around here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Isn't the reason they play the game to win the cup? Ask yourself if losing is acceptable to the fan base. That is why they NEED to win the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Isn't the reason they play the game to win the cup? Ask yourself if losing is acceptable to the fan base. That is why they NEED to win the cup.
    Posted by jwb413

And 25 of the teams in this league (including two original six teams) have fewer Cup wins than the Bruins do. The reason we value the Cup is because it's so difficult to win. The only expansion team with more cups is Messier's Oilers,who we came withina fog game of surpassing on that list. NYR, the Hawks, the Leafs, the Wings, Canucks, Blues, Kings, and Sabres,  all have (or had) longer cupless streaks in their history than the Bruins currently have. Perspective is all I'm asking for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

stanley, when are you actually going to start paying attention to what is happening in this league. Gaborik has as many goals as Ryder.... and is signed long term at 7.5 mill. Spezza is a soft over paid center. Penner isn't a terrible option, but he would basically just replace Ryder as a salary we aren't thrilled with next year. Think things through
    Posted by pbergeron37

You should think things through ! Elite players have their reason for not playing well in one team and flourishing in another. Boston just needs to make sure that
    the elite player they trade for is not adversely adversely affected by Julien's
    coachign style.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by jwb413

I've seen at least one post and several others that hint that they would mortgage the future for a cup NOW and then suffer 10 mediocre years.

Not me.

And if they looked at themselves in the mirror, they would realize they would be way more bitter than they already are after year 3.

And why should the last time you won a cup have a role to play in your strategy?  If it does you are an idiot quite frankly.

That is exactly the same thinking as, hey I made a 1000% return once before in the stock market.  I need to do that again NOW.

You think that way, you use that philosophy, you will lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's foolish to say the time is now or bust.  Are the Bruins better when Bergeron, Krecji, Rask, Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin are aged 25, 24, 23, 22, 22 and 19 or when they are 27, 26, 25, 24, 24 and 21?  The Bruins nucleus is young and will be improving every year, and Chara has plenty left in the tank.  The Bruins have a legitimate shot at winning the cup this year if everything goes right, but they will have just a good a chance next year and the year after, and probably a much better chance then if Seguin turns into high-end talent.  A deadline pickup would be nice, but there is no need to do something crazy.  Future years will probably present an even better chance at winning and the same people saying we have to go for it all now will be saying it then too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Havent we been talking about the future in what seems like forever though...  I mean at what point is it not ok to wait for the future.  I would be perfectly ok in giving up the future that seems to never come for a cup now.  I feel like a hear the same excuse not to make a move every year.  Make a move and see what happens

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

I would try to get Tanguay from Calgary
    Posted by pbergeron37

Tanguay is out indeffinetly with a concussion? havent we allready had our fill with this over the last few years?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Satan isn't going to help us

Spezza sucks and is way overpaid

Why are you so worried?  Wheeler should score about 2 goals per game going forward, since he's the next coming of Jesus Christ.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

stanley, when are you actually going to start paying attention to what is happening in this league. Gaborik has as many goals as Ryder.... and is signed long term at 7.5 mill. Spezza is a soft over paid center. Penner isn't a terrible option, but he would basically just replace Ryder as a salary we aren't thrilled with next year. Think things through
    Posted by pbergeron37

Gabby is a better option then you think, he is struggling on a Rangers team that offensively is terrible, he has no one to get him the puck, Look at their centers...lousy....I think if you put Gabby on a line with Krejci or Savard (next yr) you will have a increase in production

same argument with Kovalchuk....he's terrible, why isn't he scoring, well when parise went down he had no one to get him the puck.....Goal scorers need playmakers to get them the puck.....simple logic

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

whatever pc and neely do, it should be done with long term considerations- no 1 or two year deals. this team has a great core, and i'd rather see a team compete for a cup for the next 6 or 8 years-than make one run at it. this franchise is in as good a shape as it has been since early nineties- due mainly to the thornton trade and the clode pick up. nothing drastic is required- minor tweaks... signed for long terms. 

Sections
Shortcuts