Time for Peverley and Seguin to wake up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Time for Peverley and Seguin to wake up

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Seguin made a awesome pass on the winning goal....dont worry he will score a few goals in Boston ....and for PEV ..please get a life he wont be in the line up next game...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

he will be in the lineup and should be. i think paille has been playing better than him, so he deserves teh promotion, but c'mon, your hatred of peverley just because of the wheeler trade is a little nutty. Do you want Yeti in there in his place?

Nothing to do with the trade ...I have turned the page....but I would any player in the Bruins organisation to replace Pev ..it would be a huge upgrade....so sad to see that chicken on the ice ...this player has no right to wear the Bruins jersey ..its a shame for our team and an insult to the fans

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I did ignore the short-hand aspect with Campbell out, it's a good point, dez. But yeah, it's frustrating no doubt, also when you consider that both were very valuable in the 11 run, but less so, far less so in 13. But they need them to do something offensively, 2 goals from them over the course of 2 games would make a monumental difference, maybe even create a win.

Well, Kelly responded, and it produced a win...and I'm not going to apologize or backtrack one bit on Kelly. He did almost nothing for 17 games and only in game 2 did he return to the type of guy that he was during the 11 run... not because he scored a goal or got an assist, but more so because he carried the play with his linemates Seguin and Paille, and went after it. Maguire said Kelly was encouraging the rest of the team to step it up during the 1st period malaise. It's a great thing for Chris to help the team, really help the team this playoffs. He's been a good penalty killer, always has been, but I was more concerned that he was not making the effort offensively. So thank you, Chris Kelly, and let's go B's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Peverly is with the right linemates for him Thornton and Daugavins or more to the point the 4th line, a line that doesn't need to be on that often and with Peverly he still can be the short-hand guy or be used on some faceoff situations. Peverly still ranks as a disappointment, but now he and his linemates have an opportunity to create a goal or do something positive at the Garden.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hey, I told eveyone that we could rely on Tyler 'Ace in the Hole' Seguin this series and he did deliver the goods last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tyler has been playing well, or at least playing hard and going hard now for several games going back to the end of the Pitt series. He is playing the best I have ever seen him from a back-checking defensive side of his game. He will pot a few in Garden, I'm confident of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Tyler has been playing well, or at least playing hard and going hard now for several games going back to the end of the Pitt series. He is playing the best I have ever seen him from a back-checking defensive side of his game. He will pot a few in Garden, I'm confident of it.

All day I have been hearing that Seguin had a better effort and that he stepped up.  Some say this has been a multi game performance.  Personally, I feel he has given an A-Effort every single night of the playoffs.  The guy has not been scoring and that is dissapointing, but he seems to be the fastest player on the backcheck every single night.  I truly believe that this kid has been showing a very high level of maturity for his age. 

I think he has to work on a few things particularly.  First I think he is making alot of fly by's in the offensive zone. I wonder if this is related to his desire to be in good position for the backcheck.

I believe he needs to review every game tape of Savard on the PP and maybe the rest of the greats as well.  I believe he has all the skill in the world but thus far he has produced no more then Krejci on the PP.

Finally, the kid just has to finish.  This seems to be just bit of the snakebite in him.  I think many players cure this by shooting closer to the net (Kudos to whoever pointed that out earlier, can't remember where I saw it).  I think he needs to be more involved in the scrums and judt generally needs to shoot from inside the dots rather then from the half wall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Peverly is with the right linemates for him Thornton and Daugavins or more to the point the 4th line, a line that doesn't need to be on that often and with Peverly he still can be the short-hand guy or be used on some faceoff situations. Peverly still ranks as a disappointment, but now he and his linemates have an opportunity to create a goal or do something positive at the Garden.

I agree 100 %.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bostonwarrior's comment:

I don't get why everyone comes down so hard on Seguin, while giving Kelly a pass. 

One is supposed to be a solid two way , third line player, while the other one was supposed to be a #1a overall pick.

Its about expectations.

I hope the whole, "we can trade Krejci becasue Seguin can be Krejci" notion can stop.  I also hope the whole, "we should trade Krejci because Seguin is going to one day be a line 1 center" can stop as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i also think seguin has played really well defensively. 

stanley, any player in the bruins organization is better than peverley? really dude. c'mon. grow up. peverley isn't a bad player he just has no offense anymore. How about Tyler Randell. He mustered 4 points in 22 ECHL games for the South Carolina Stingrays, and 0 points in 23 AHL games in providence. Maybe you can lump him in with your proposal for florida (peverley, Ference, for the number 2 overall pick) to sweeten the pot. 

Sections
Shortcuts