Time for REST!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Time for REST!

This team is gassed!  8 Games remain.  I am not worried about the Bruins missing the playoffs and I don't care what seed they get!  I think that the Bruins should rest at least  1 D and 1 FWD each of the remaining games.  3 extra D men right now and 1 extra FWD.  Get these guys as fresh as possible for the run.  Playoffs are going to be every other day, so get rest now.

Hurricanes - Seids & Lucic

Senators - Chara & Horton

Sabres - Ference & Krejci

Penguins - Boychuk & Thornton

Panthers - McQuaid & Campbell

Flyers - Bartkowski & Peverley

Lightning - Whoever is still looking like they need a game.

Caps - See where health is at & if you need timing with what you are planning on going into playoffs with.  

Dale Arnold said that they get 4 days rest after the Caps game, so eveyone should be ready to go with no excuses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Time for REST!

A post I agree with! Haha jk. But I do agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

This team is gassed!  8 Games remain.  I am not worried about the Bruins missing the playoffs and I don't care what seed they get!  I think that the Bruins should rest at least  1 D and 1 FWD each of the remaining games.  3 extra D men right now and 1 extra FWD.  Get these guys as fresh as possible for the run.  Playoffs are going to be every other day, so get rest now.

Caps - See where health is at & if you need timing with what you are planning on going into playoffs with.  

Dale Arnold said that they get 4 days rest after the Caps game, so eveyone should be ready to go with no excuses.

I agree, time to rest some folks like they did with Hamilton last night.... except McQuaid may not need it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Good point Orr and Papi. I would like to see Redden play some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bartkowski may not need rest either, but otherwise a nicely thought-out list.

I suppose that's a very minor silver lining to the Bergeron and Marchand injuries.  So long as they are back to health before the playoffs, they will also be well rested.  Totally not worth the concussions, of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I'd give each of our D-men even more rest than that. Redden and Krug (or Johnson) should play a few games each. I think this year rest will be more important than standings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I suppose that's a very minor silver lining to the Bergeron and Marchand injuries.  So long as they are back to health before the playoffs, they will also be well rested.  Totally not worth the concussions, of course.

I was thinking the same thing about Patrice & Brad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I'd give each of our D-men even more rest than that. Redden and Krug (or Johnson) should play a few games each. I think this year rest will be more important than standings.

I agree mxt that rest will be more important.  In fact if they can get rest now and use it to shorten the first round series, it will hopefully help even more as they progress through the rounds.  I know I am getting ahead of myself, and that the Bruins will say one game at a time, but I believe that if rested like they were at the beginning of the season, this team can be a legitimate cup contender.  If they don't get fresh legs, as they said they didn't have last year in their 1st round loss, I am afraid that we will witness the same results.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I thought he looked good last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I thought he looked good last night.

I think Bartkowski has done a fine job and I like that the kid did not pout after the Iginla debacle, he shook it off and has played better than I ever expected.  Another reason why the Bruins can rotate guys in & out, because I trust that they can compete with him, Redden, and Johnson being mixed into the line-up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

also give Redden ,Krug and Johnson some playing time just in case they are needed in playoffs.

So far i think Bartkowskihas played well and should stay in the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

also give Redden ,Krug and Johnson some playing time just in case they are needed in playoffs.

FYI I am not advocating rest necessarily based on performance.  Only to keep guys fresh.  I didn't include a few guys like Jagr the fitness guru or Seguin the youngster, but if they can rest everyone at some point in the next 8, it would be great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Absolutely agree. Great post. Give everyone turns, at enjoying a game off, (three days).

Even if the Bruins only win half of their remaining games, they will finish no lower than 4th.

...and really, i like/prefer the Leafs for a first round opponent; the Bruins are in their heads; The Bruins are much bigger, tougher; Reimer's never played in the Playoffs; the ACC will get the Bruins suitably jacked (cuz Toronto is going to be equal parts jacked about being in the Playoffs - and - just happy to be there).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Great post. Certainly management has to consider even some type of adaptation to this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

FYI I am not advocating rest necessarily based on performance.  Only to keep guys fresh.  I didn't include a few guys like Jagr the fitness guru or Seguin the youngster, but if they can rest everyone at some point in the next 8, it would be great.

MEANE's  right on the money agree with the diagnosis lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The NHL will now be like the NBA.  I hope next year's new alignment eliminates some of this ca ca.  Sure makes you want to go to the last few games of the regular season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This has become the "Topic du jour " .  Every team in the league has back to backs,  3 games in 4 nights and injuries.  Enough with these excuses !

The Habs went into to Boston twice playing the night before and they didn't seem very tired and won both games. 

I really think the Bruins need the top spot in the east and get the no2 seed.  It's just a much easier road in the playoffs.  Let the Habs fight out with the 5th seed. 

Maybe only the Pnaters and Lightening games go you give some guys a break otherwise they must dress the best team possible for the remaining games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

This has become the "Topic du jour " .  Every team in the league has back to backs,  3 games in 4 nights and injuries.  Enough with these excuses !

The Habs went into to Boston twice playing the night before and they didn't seem very tired and won both games. 

I really think the Bruins need the top spot in the east and get the no2 seed.  It's just a much easier road in the playoffs.  Let the Habs fight out with the 5th seed. 

Maybe only the Pnaters and Lightening games go you give some guys a break otherwise they must dress the best team possible for the remaining games. 

I don't care what other teams are doing, the results on 3 in 4 and back to back for the bruins indicate that they need rest, that's all that matters!