Time for Seguin to step up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Time for Seguin to step up

I know its hard when you have Clod playing you 5 minutes a night in a basically meaningless game vs Vancouver. However, tonite its Edmonton so it will be Hall vs Seguin. I know Hall will score at least one goal so time to let Seguin actually do something. Edmonton is horrible so Clod might stop worrying about these meaningless regular season games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Time for Seguin to step up

hilarious

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Time for Seguin to step up:
    I know its hard when you have Clod playing you 5 minutes a night in a basically meaningless game vs Vancouver. However, tonite its Edmonton so it will be Hall vs Seguin. I know Hall will score at least one goal so time to let Seguin actually do something. Edmonton is horrible so Clod might stop worrying about these meaningless regular season games.
    Posted by nash99

Wow!  Did you just get in from last night?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Hall looks  like he is confident in his first season on a on a lousey team.  Tyler looks lost a times out there on the ice. Think the combination of CLOD(mr. trap)
    and 1st year jitters are getting to him. Take the reins off Clod! Let the Kid motor! He got the wheels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He had some pretty good moments last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

He looked good for the 6 minutes he played.  His linemates were terrible and I haven't said that about Campbell once this year.  The kid needs to play with better players and more than 6-10 minutes or don't bother playing him at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He played well in his 6 minutes of ice-time. As a set-up man who is he supposed to set up? Thornton who was too busy trying to start fights or Campbell who skates in circles looking for a hit?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Ya, you have to wonder if this leash cj has on Seguin will effect him in the long run too. Will having him play with very limited ice time and with limited linemates for so long limit him going forward? There is no substitute for experience. How bad would it be to really give the kid some 2nd line action with some skilled linemates (i know he did some time on the 3rd). Its gotta be tough seeing guys like Skinner & Hall developing with some real game action and he is on the 4th with Thornton, Campell, Paille getting 7 minutes a night. The kid has got skills, we all know it, lets give him the opportunity. I doubt we would be out of the playoffs if we have him some real action.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Seguin to step up:
    Ya, you have to wonder if this leash cj has on Seguin will effect him in the long run too. Will having him play with very limited ice time and with limited linemates for so long limit him going forward? There is no substitute for experience. How bad would it be to really give the kid some 2nd line action with some skilled linemates (i know he did some time on the 3rd). Its gotta be tough seeing guys like Skinner & Hall developing with some real game action and he is on the 4th with Thornton, Campell, Paille getting 7 minutes a night. The kid has got skills, we all know it, lets give him the opportunity. I doubt we would be out of the playoffs if we have him some real action.  
    Posted by MDsizzle

Can you name a few players who have had their psyche damaged long term due to this?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I, as well, would love to see him play with Bergy and Marchand for a game or two.  Especially against a team like Edmonton where defense is suspect and Seguin should have a lot of open space.

It is obvious, though, that Seguin will continue to play 8-10 minutes on the fourth line.  It is painful to watch.  If there isn't room for him in the top 9, he should be down in the minors IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

One thing that does frustrate me is everytime Seguin is flying up ice, who ever has the puck on his line......NEVER seems to be able to get it to him.  

Whether it was Wheeler or Ryder or Paille or Thornton or Campbell, it's always a quick one touch and done.  They get the puck he makes himself available, they lose the puck to opposing team.

This happens so often it drives me nuts.  All that kid needs is chances and they never happen, because his linemates can't possess the puck for more than 2 seconds at a time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree I would put Seguin with Bergy and Marchand... at least I would give it a try!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

One thing that does frustrate me is everytime Seguin is flying up ice, who ever has the puck on his line......NEVER seems to be able to get it to him.   Whether it was Wheeler or Ryder or Paille or Thornton or Campbell, it's always a quick one touch and done.  They get the puck he makes himself available, they lose the puck to opposing team. This happens so often it drives me nuts.  All that kid needs is chances and they never happen, because his linemates can't possess the puck for more than 2 seconds at a time
    Posted by Swerengen

So true it would be nice if he could get some time out there 2-3x shifts a game with Krejci/Bergeron and Kaberle. Someone who could thread the needle and send him in all alone.

The bruins get tons of 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 chances but I havent seen too many breakaways lately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

actually Seguin has shown far more lately than when he was learning Claude's system.Claude is the only impediment to watching this kid fly. Claude is not a risk taker, and his thought process is usually rather dim. Dump and Chase, and sit the rookies. Seguin will step up if he's provided with the opportunity. Chiarelli and Neely are taking notes, BUT Claude is winning games, which is why he was hired and extended, so Patience is a bigger virtue at the moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Claude's mindset is always the same, "Do whatever gives your team the best chance to win that night." Reminds me of some other coach (whose name rhymes will Chell-a-beck).

Seguin can't be sent to the AHL, the only option would be to send him back to Juniors. But the Bruins brass doesn't want to do that because it woudl slow his development; whatever the pace, he is definitely learning from practicing/playing with NHL players.

I understand everyone's sentiments. I can't wait to see the kid become a goal scorer. But it might have to wait until next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Seguin to step up : Can you name a few players who have had their psyche damaged long term due to this?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

May not be hurting his psyche, but I may never be able to recover, the Julien way.

I do not see how he can think we are a better team with Thorn on the ice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Campbell was uncharacteristically awful last night, I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Let this kid play, so many posters on the money here.  Besides, if you want the team to have a stronger chance of winning, take the short term hit to let the kid make some mistakes and be ready for April on a team who could use an offensive boost from a guy like that.  Look at Hall's first two months to now, growing pains, to scoring.

Yet another mind numbing Clod-ism.  I want us to win, but I want him out, tough predicament.

I love how Miller87, I mean Nash99 proclaims hall will no doubt score tonight like Hall is on pace for 82 goals and scores every night.  Should be easy to light up tim thomas and play against chara for the kid, your right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

if he has to be on the 4th line, fine, i can live with it for now.  But he should atleast get a little 2nd unit pp time, get some points, confidence, at a time where defensive responsibility is at a minimum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

At 19 years old, this kid is already showing progress from the start of the season and has earned a regular shift on a Top 10 club. I bet Taylor Hall is jealous. Go Tyler and Go Bruins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

At 19 years old, this kid is already showing progress from the start of the season and has earned a regular shift on a Top 10 club. I bet Taylor Hall is jealous. Go Tyler and Go Bruins!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

He has learned a lot. Playing a two-way game will make him a far greater player later in his career. He is doing just fine. Do wish he'd get a little more playing time but I don't think it will ruin him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I think he played better than Hall out there tonight, outshot him and outchanced him in 10 freakin less minutes.

Was thinkin at 1 point if I had a beer for every time Seguin's name was mentioned as part of the play, I would be sloshed and he only played 9:32 to Hall's 19:52.

I would be in a coma for every time Ryder's name was mentioned.

Great games to Seg and to all the 3rd line, especially Ryd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i was thinking moving seguin up with kelly and peverley u know kind of a speed kills line. but ryder once again makes me put my foot in my mouth. i thought that since the additions of the new guys this was probley the 3rd lines best game. i know that is kind of obivious by just looking at score sheet but even without the 2 goals i thought they worked together well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

i was thinking moving seguin up with kelly and peverley u know kind of a speed kills line. but ryder once again makes me put my foot in my mouth. i thought that since the additions of the new guys this was probley the 3rd lines best game. i know that is kind of obivious by just looking at score sheet but even without the 2 goals i thought they worked together well.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Well said.  I was thinking the same thing about Ryder.  I've been begging to use his salary to get a better piece of the puzzle, but he's been playing great.  That line looks really solid.  Only going to get better with time too.  Maybe Ryder will be that player these boards have been in search of before the deadline.  These two guys have been amazing on the faceoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Look at Hall's first two months to now, growing pains, to scoring. .
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

Hall has been akllowed to run loose because his team was garbage from the opening bell, while Seguin's team has been a division leader.

Last time I looked, I'm happier with rooting for a team whose success makes a 19 year old have to ease in slowly, rather than follow a team so bad that it doesnt matter what he does and he appears to "progress" more quickly.

Sections
Shortcuts