Time for the B's to step up to a new level

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Time for the B's to step up to a new level

Ok with the last stretch coming down the line I really think the B's need to make a move forward...lost 5 of the last 6 games fine....but it is now time to take a new pace going towards the playoffs. You dont want to get into the playoffs on a bad note (losing streak) Bruins need to start winning NOW , it is time for the leaders in this time to stand up and bring their game to a new level .

If the Bruins dont get a minimum of 4 points out of 6 (5 points would really send a clear signal to the league) in the next 3 games NJD-Tor-Mtl ...kiss the playoffs good bye , it'll be a short ride ...and the main game in the next 3 is Mtl ...chances are the Bruins will face them in the 1st round and if we cant send a clear message (winning this game clearly) our chances are 0 ......Mtl is playing without Pacioretty, Gill, Sopel, Plekanec, Halpern ....last time in Boston we scored 8 goals against Price we need to repeat ....a minimum of 4-5 goals ....Show the NHL that the B's are for real ....Show emotions not only against the habs but against all other teams ..I dont like what I see right now ...last night we should have nailed the Preds when we were ahead 3-2 ....a fourth goal would have killed them ...SHOW our killing instinct .....ENOUGH is ENOUGH I want to see our true colors

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 (?) 2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Time for the B's to step up to a new level

Is the Stanley Cup coming to the Bruins in 2011 or not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

you ARE seeing their true colors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Stanley, have you considered that this might be the B's ONLY level?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

i like the optimistism,sometimes i feel like im being to much of a homer but i just think the bruins do have the next gear to rise up to. they have shown its this year but it been a while. some things have to change starting immediately. Julian has to get the right combos in front and back lines. i know that easier said then done but there has to be guys on the same page. tim Thomas is the bruins go to goalie so hopefully tim is working with coaching staff on how to go into play-offs at the top of his game mentally and physically. i thought that was a one of the reasons the bruins failed in play-offs last year. i thought tukka hit a wall but thats up to debate. lastly the biggest thing that has to change the power play and i know im not telling anyone something they dont already know but special teams in the playoffs are crucial. honestly i dont know how to change it but it has to be addressed and now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I hope it's not addressed.  I want the Bruins to be on cruise control until the last game or 2.  The bruins have another gear, we've seen it, but people can only perform at the highest level for so long.  You burn out mentally and physically.  Keep things light for the time being and then crank it up at the playoffs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

There's a big difference in teams with 4 capable lines and this Bruins team. Last Night showed how weak the Campbell/Paille/Thornton line is. Additionally, Ryder did nothing to improve his play last night. When he and Recchi are deep in the offensive end, only Bergeron is capable of getting back to help the defense. Seguin scored and played decent positional hockey, but, it was obvious he tired in the third, since Claude has not allowed him to build up game strength. Kelly/Seguin/Peverley are a good line, leave it alone. Bring up Caron to replace Thornton, Arneil to replace Paille, and the B's might make the second round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Time for the B's to step up to a new level:
    [QUOTE]There's a big difference in teams with 4 capable lines and this Bruins team. Last Night showed how weak the Campbell/Paille/Thornton line is. Additionally, Ryder did nothing to improve his play last night. When he and Recchi are deep in the offensive end, only Bergeron is capable of getting back to help the defense. Seguin scored and played decent positional hockey, but, it was obvious he tired in the third, since Claude has not allowed him to build up game strength. Kelly/Seguin/Peverley are a good line, leave it alone. Bring up Caron to replace Thornton, Arneil to replace Paille, and the B's might make the second round.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Bogie you've been saying this all year but I really am starting believe your right. I mean detroit's 4th line is not Thornton-Paille.... Why do we need pluggers on the 4th line. Caron-Arniel-Campbell that could be a strong enough skill line to at least create some match up problems . Something the B's seem to have NO advantage in at  all.(CJ is also terrible w/ matchups)

I think this team in particular a few players really have it em them to step it up to another level. Seems like Lucic-Krejci-Bergy-Chara-Marchand-Peverley can up thier games when it really counts. I hope they can get the rest of the team to join in.

Also the NetMinding needs to be where itw as at in Nov/Dec when Thomas was unstoppable.

Sections
Shortcuts