Time To BELIEVE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Time To BELIEVE!!!

B's need to turn the page on the Game 4 collapse, fans probably do as well.

Plenty of threads out here ripping the usual suspects; Thomas, Kaberle, Julien, as well as a few new victems; Lucic, Krejci, Seguin and others.  I would submit that it is safe to say the entire team, from the goalie to the coach is worthy of criticism, exclusive of Bergeron.  Seems somewhat pointless to continue to pile on or try to assign "percent blame".  I am disappointed in the loss, my guess is all of B's Nation is as well.

What I am left with is, for whatever reason, the B's were unable to match the urgency that the Bolts displayed.  Was is difficult to watch? Was it frustrating, almost maddening?  Did it remind me of last year? Yes to all three.

But, what I am also left with is this:
    - The B's are tied 2-2 in a seven game series, with 2 of the next 3 at home
    - This team has character, they displayed it when they came back from 2-0 against the Habs in the 1st round
    - This team is talented, led by Bergeron and Krejci up front, Chara on the back-end, and the best goalie in the league in net
    - This team is deep, with quality forwards on all four lines, solid d-men, and probably the best back-up goalie in the league
    - This team is healthy (relatively speaking).  Outside of Savard, this is a full roster; unlike last year's collapse against the Flyers when this team was missing key players.

Sorry for being an optimist, but the Bolts have not exactly made me fear them.  I think the B's respond well in Game 5, as we see a much better all around game from them and one that is much closer to their capabilities.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Re: Time To BELIEVE!!!

Great post Crowls. I agree 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!! CAN"T GIVE UP NOW.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Good post Crowls. Nice to see some logic here. That hurt yesterday, a real weekend killer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I agree on all points. It's easy to assign blame, but Marchand's quote that" they felt like the game was in the bag when the 2nd period started" , was right on, and once Tampa got momentum, nothing was done to change it. At the same time, as lethargic as the Bruins, except Bergeron, were, Tampa was not that much better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Great post. Game 4 has me pretty cranky this morning, and I'm stunned that the Bruins could let the exact same thing happen that has plagued them these past few years. You'd think they were over it by now, but I guess not.

But the world did not end yesterday, so there's hope. I'll get to that same place you are in now before the puck drops tomorrow night. Boston can play their game and pull out Game 5, then we'll all be geeked up and excited once again. Glad that some of you guys are there already. The rest of us will be eventually.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I really felt yesterday after the Gagne goal that the Bruins would gather themselves then score and they almost did. The super slow mo replay of Smith just barely getting his toe over to make that save that almost tied it. One of the biggest reasons I feel confident no way does Smith hold the fort for 3 more games no way!

Good post Crowls!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

After a loss like yesterday, optimism doesn't sell out here.  I get that, folks are still coping with the disappointment/frustration/anger.  Here's hoping the B's put it in the rear-view mirror as quickly as possible and come out flying Monday night.  Hopefully, posters will come around soon as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I feel relieved, I found a thread I can come into and relax.  It's way too chaotic out there now. 
    What I'm struggling with is how can they keep doing this?  It almost happened in game 2.  It happened a couple of times in the regular season as well.  Does Claude need to change something when the momentum shifts?  The really concerning part is that no team is going to feel "out out the game" when the Bruins have a lead.  They are going to have to work, hard, for every game now.  No "reputation" wins.  I remember Jersey, in their cup winning years, if you got down 1 goal it was almost over.  2 you were toast.  It would be nice to have that intimidation factor.  It's quite the opposite now.
    The faith is alive and well with me.  I posted this in another thread but I think it summarizes it well and is worth repeating.  If somebody told you in October we'd need 2 of 3 from Tampa with home ice advantage would you take it?  Pretty sure you would have. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Good post Crowls.  I like it.

Blowing another 3 - 0 first period lead after last year is frustrating as all hell.  But the fact is: this wasn't Game 7.  They have time to dust themselves off.  I said Bruins in six all along and I'm sticking to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

You want logic? Hows this a team that keeps saying we need to play a full 60 and a team that keeps not playing a full 60 and isn't willing to play hard most of the time. But this same team keeps saying they will play a full 60 but the effort keeps coming up short. What do you see happening?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Time To BELIEVE!!!:
    [QUOTE]You want logic? Hows this a team that keeps saying we need to play a full 60 and a team that keeps not playing a full 60 and isn't willing to play hard most of the time. But this same team keeps saying they will play a full 60 but the effort keeps coming up short. What do you see happening?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

The team stunk yesterday. The team was great on Thusday.  We can usually say that about any team in the league, and by the way, 26 of them aren't playing any more.  Let the series play out and then we can rip them if need be.  Gotta support the team!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I feel relieved, I found a thread I can come into and relax.  It's way too chaotic out there now.  What I'm struggling with is how can they keep doing this?  It almost happened in game 2.  It happened a couple of times in the regular season as well.  Does Claude need to change something when the momentum shifts?  The really concerning part is that no team is going to feel "out out the game" when the Bruins have a lead.  They are going to have to work, hard, for every game now.  No "reputation" wins.  I remember Jersey, in their cup winning years, if you got down 1 goal it was almost over.  2 you were toast.  It would be nice to have that intimidation factor.  It's quite the opposite now. The faith is alive and well with me.  I posted this in another thread but I think it summarizes it well and is worth repeating.  If somebody told you in October we'd need 2 of 3 from Tampa with home ice advantage would you take it?  Pretty sure you would have. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Good post Scooter, I share your concern over the B's not being able to put their opponent away, or at least, make their opponent think it's over.  In a weird way, maybe the B's can channel that, keep the foot on the gas, rather than loose their urgency.  Teachable moment?

As for the line-up, seems like the B's have responded well after these types of performances in the past.  I would not be surprised if CJ comes back with the same line-up and no line changes.  This teams best players need to be their best players, everyone needs to step it up, again, exclusive of Bergeron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I expect the Bruins best game of the playoffs to happen Monday night, the road to the Cup is never one without bumps and this team has battled adversity with no Chara for a game,losing first two at home to the Habs,facing Philly again and last year being brought up,losing Bergeron and now this. They get to the Finals and it will take a whole lot to rattle them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

It really is all about game 5 now. For some very odd reason I didn't feel as angry and frustrated w/the loss yesterday, mostly i guess b/c i could see/feel it coming: The exact moment was when they had that PP oppty. early in the 2nd period and could have salted the game away and played it almost like they would rather kill the 2 mins. off the clock than score another goal. After Thomas misplayed that puck leading to TB goal #1 I had that feeling, so the end result wasn't as surprising orf maddening as it could have been.

Disappointing? Of course. One has to wonder how they can keep stepping in the same pile of s*it over and over, but they do.

I'm choosing, hoever, to think of it this way (and I hope the B's are as well), if you had told me that the Bruins would be 2-2 w/Tampa and still w/home ice advantage heading into game 5---and you didn't tell me how it got there--i'd say "great--I'll take it."

It's still 2 wins away for the B's from the Finals. Game 5 is the gut-check game. If they win it (and you know they CAN), then game 4 is a distant memory.

Look, if I can believe, anyone can!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I always believed. Believed the Bruins will lose in humiliating ways. What a bunch of losers. I have been proven right again. The Bruins are a disaster of an organization. TB will put the Ruins away and hopefully Clod will be sacked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I always believed. Believed the Bruins will lose in humiliating ways. What a bunch of losers. I have been proven right again. The Bruins are a disaster of an organization. TB will put the Ruins away and hopefully Clod will be sacked.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Yeah Cosmo, it was real humiliating to see the B's beat the Habs in 7.  And it was so humiliating to see them sweep the Flyers. 

They are in the ECF, even in the series with 2 of the next 3 at home. 

How humiliating is it for you to post your "doom and gloom", and be wrong? 

Take a hike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great thread, Crowls.  I was going to pass it by, but upon seeing the author, I figured it was worth the click.  I was right!

We can mope about this or that, but let's just be happy that the team is headed to Game 5 in the Conference Final!

Go Bruins!

(Kaberle stinks!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls,

Good post dude.  Lots of verbal dung flying around.

Series is tied 2-2.  We have home ice.  We have broken the 1-3-1.  We have chased their goalie. We have overcome many ups and downs and win.  Its what good teams do. 

TBay is a very good club and needed the win much more than we did.  They have shown they arent gonna go away easily. 

Game 5 in Boston I anticipate a huge effort and win.  Yesterday hurt.  But its a marathon-not a sprint.  After game 5 we will have a much clearer idea where this club is going.  I am predicting a big big win. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Crowls, Good post dude.  Lots of verbal dung flying around. Series is tied 2-2.  We have home ice.  We have broken the 1-3-1.  We have chased their goalie. We have overcome many ups and downs and win.  Its what good teams do.  TBay is a very good club and needed the win much more than we did.  They have shown they arent gonna go away easily.  Game 5 in Boston I anticipate a huge effort and win.  Yesterday hurt.  But its a marathon-not a sprint.  After game 5 we will have a much clearer idea where this club is going.  I am predicting a big big win. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

agreed, Shupe. But I do believe game 5 is going to be an insane nail-biter.

I feel the first OT of the series coming on.

How about Horton potting the game-winner and continuing his reputation as "Mr. (O)T?" :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]Go Bruins! (Kaberle stinks!)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I love this sign-off. Says everything. We can criticize the team and still be fans. They don't make it easy on themselves, and they certainly don't make it easy to be a fan...but perhaps we spend too much time pinning Boston's ills on their play and not giving the other team enough cred. They're in the final 4, too.

Boston can go 6-4 the rest of the season, and that means they'll be holding the Cup. I can deal with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Time To BELIEVE!!!:
    [QUOTE]B's need to turn the page on the Game 4 collapse, fans probably do as well. Plenty of threads out here ripping the usual suspects; Thomas, Kaberle, Julien, as well as a few new victems; Lucic, Krejci, Seguin and others.  I would submit that it is safe to say the entire team, from the goalie to the coach is worthy of criticism, exclusive of Bergeron.  Seems somewhat pointless to continue to pile on or try to assign "percent blame".  I am disappointed in the loss, my guess is all of B's Nation is as well. What I am left with is, for whatever reason, the B's were unable to match the urgency that the Bolts displayed.  Was is difficult to watch? Was it frustrating, almost maddening?  Did it remind me of last year? Yes to all three. But, what I am also left with is this: - The B's are tied 2-2 in a seven game series, with 2 of the next 3 at home - This team has character, they displayed it when they came back from 2-0 against the Habs in the 1st round - This team is talented, led by Bergeron and Krejci up front, Chara on the back-end, and the best goalie in the league in net - This team is deep, with quality forwards on all four lines, solid d-men, and probably the best back-up goalie in the league - This team is healthy (relatively speaking).  Outside of Savard, this is a full roster; unlike last year's collapse against the Flyers when this team was missing key players. Sorry for being an optimist, but the Bolts have not exactly made me fear them.  I think the B's respond well in Game 5, as we see a much better all around game from them and one that is much closer to their capabilities.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

i couldn't of said it better myself and its exactly how feel about the bruins going forward. just a ton guts on this team and honestly guys i really feel like if the bruins lose game 5 i don't think its the end all be all. the bruins could easily win 6 and 7. now of course i don't to temp that and im sure they don't either. what they need is the effort and the game plan of game 3 of Philly series and game 3 of this series. come with everything. start with a lead and clog up the neutral zone. the biggest advantage i think the bruins have going forward or weakness that needs to be exploded on Tampa bay is there defense. its overrated (outside of brewer) the other guys(mab,ohlund,clark,lundin,and hedman) can be worn down like the bruins did in the Montreal series and forced into mistakes. i think that should be the biggest difference along with home-ice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

the lightning havent impressed me that much besides the 5 minutes where they have scored 6 goals and their powerplay. the bruins will take the series in the next 2 games if they slow the gameplay down, they got caught up in playing fast paced tb lightning hockey and they cant do that. but they should and hopefully will win this series

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Time To BELIEVE!!!:
    [QUOTE]B's need to turn the page on the Game 4 collapse, fans probably do as well. Plenty of threads out here ripping the usual suspects; Thomas, Kaberle, Julien, as well as a few new victems; Lucic, Krejci, Seguin and others.  I would submit that it is safe to say the entire team, from the goalie to the coach is worthy of criticism, exclusive of Bergeron.  Seems somewhat pointless to continue to pile on or try to assign "percent blame".  I am disappointed in the loss, my guess is all of B's Nation is as well. What I am left with is, for whatever reason, the B's were unable to match the urgency that the Bolts displayed.  Was is difficult to watch? Was it frustrating, almost maddening?  Did it remind me of last year? Yes to all three. But, what I am also left with is this: - The B's are tied 2-2 in a seven game series, with 2 of the next 3 at home - This team has character, they displayed it when they came back from 2-0 against the Habs in the 1st round - This team is talented, led by Bergeron and Krejci up front, Chara on the back-end, and the best goalie in the league in net - This team is deep, with quality forwards on all four lines, solid d-men, and probably the best back-up goalie in the league - This team is healthy (relatively speaking).  Outside of Savard, this is a full roster; unlike last year's collapse against the Flyers when this team was missing key players. Sorry for being an optimist, but the Bolts have not exactly made me fear them.  I think the B's respond well in Game 5, as we see a much better all around game from them and one that is much closer to their capabilities.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Good Post Crowls, the Bolts were is the must win game.  The Bs did blow a lead and the hearts of some Bs fans were also victims.  I don't believe in media's portrayal of "historic" or "epic" of last year.  I do not believe the team has lost it's verve to win the series against Tampa.  I predicted six games.  I remain the course on the thinking.  Kaberele did make an error, but me thinks there were a few others doing the same.  Hockey is team game.  The series is tied 2 to 2. Those are the facts.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

THE BRUINS WILL WIN THIS SERIES>