Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from taylorhall10. Show taylorhall10's posts

Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns

Claude can't simply bury Seguin on the 4th line when Bergeron returns, and quite frankly, I don't want to see Kelly on the 4th line either.  I'd like to like to see Recchi lose some ice time.  They have to give Seguin regular minutes, and that won't happen on the 4th line. 

Who bumps down to line 4?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns

who is Marchmont?? yes Recchi needs to play less and maybe time to sit Thornton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Be great to see Recchi demoted to 4th and Thornton sits, but it won't happen. Management loves adores and worhships Recchi.  

I read somewhere that he has said this is his last year.  Can anyone verify that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, this is the dilemma. Recchi doesnt bring enough to the fourth line and will be useless, but you dont put Seguin on the fourth line either. So, Kelly would likely get put on the fourth line, which stinks too, because he played well last night with Seguin and Ryder....The lines looked good last night. What to do, what to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Peverly hasn't shown much recently. Solid, but not a huge factor. Another possibility is Pevs drops to the 4th and Recchi keeps his 2nd line place. I wouldn't touch that 3rd line right now. Kelly is very responsible defensively and it's important to have him out there with the kid. Tampa might not be able to contain Seguin offensively right now, but I bet they will come strong on the counter-attack and try to take advantage of his young defensive game. Kelly needs to be out there with him.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Recchi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns:
    [QUOTE]Peverly hasn't shown much recently. Solid, but not a huge factor. Another possibility is Pevs drops to the 4th and Recchi keeps his 2nd line place. I wouldn't touch that 3rd line right now. Kelly is very responsible defensively and it's important to have him out there with the kid. Tampa might not be able to contain Seguin offensively right now, but I bet they will come strong on the counter-attack and try to take advantage of his young defensive game. Kelly needs to be out there with him. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly Seguin-Kelly-Ryder Paille-Campbell-Recchi
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Im cool with moving Peverly back there to the fourth line. I feel both kelly and peverly are sound defensively and play hard, which is a good fit on both the third and fourth lines. Until then peverly fits the second line better than kelly, but you can see how much of a difference Bergy means to Marchand and Recchi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Recchi

Agreed. its the only solution if bergie comes back. Seguin and ryder have had chemistry sinece day 1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Peverly hasn't shown much recently. Solid, but not a huge factor. Another possibility is Pevs drops to the 4th and Recchi keeps his 2nd line place. I wouldn't touch that 3rd line right now. Kelly is very responsible defensively and it's important to have him out there with the kid. Tampa might not be able to contain Seguin offensively right now, but I bet they will come strong on the counter-attack and try to take advantage of his young defensive game. Kelly needs to be out there with him. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly Seguin-Kelly-Ryder Paille-Campbell-Recchi
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I agree, and it sounded like Bob Beers also agreed on the radio (98.5 T&R) this morning.  He also brought up the intriguing possibility of Seguin with Bergeron and Marchmont.  IMO that is an experiment for next year.  Right now I don't touch the third line until they start to break down.  So yes I send Recchi to the fourth line.  He can be used in spot situations throughout the game, but in the basic package he is no longer in the top 9 forwards.  If Peverley, Marchmont and Bergie don't click you can make an in game adjustment to get the old trio back together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what a great "problem" to have. imagine if they had a healthy savvy! what to do, what to do? deepest team in the league- skaters and goalies both!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]what a great "problem" to have. imagine if they had a healthy savvy! what to do, what to do? deepest team in the league- skaters and goalies both!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking this. If everyone were healthy, this team would be unstoppable. Of course, the same can be said of most teams when injuries are involved. Just imagine what next year could bring, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just because Recchi goes to the 4rth line does not necessarily mean he will become insignificant. He will likely replace Thornton and a Paille-Campbell-Recchi line can play 11-12 minutes of 5 on 5 effectively. Toss in 2-3 minutes of PP time and Recchi can have15 minutes a game which would be perfect for him in my opinion. By the way, that would be a very good 4rth line....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns : I was just thinking this. If everyone were healthy, this team would be unstoppable. Of course, the same can be said of most teams when injuries are involved. Just imagine what next year could bring, too.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'm doing my best to keep focused on what's unfolding in front of us right now, but at the same time it is tough not to get excited about the possibilities beginning next year.  I mean I know it usually comes down to money but FAs know our window is opening and it's got to be an intriguing possibility for them.  We don't have many holes to fill so hopefully we have the opportunity to load up on quality instead of quantity.  I think this position of strength makes it much more plausible for us to go after a big name FA or even RFA like Weber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Just because Recchi goes to the 4rth line does not necessarily mean he will become insignificant. He will likely replace Thornton and a Paille-Campbell-Recchi line can play 11-12 minutes of 5 on 5 effectively. Toss in 2-3 minutes of PP time and Recchi can have15 minutes a game which would be perfect for him in my opinion. By the way, that would be a very good 4rth line....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I would rather see his minutes closer to 12 with the same amount of PP you mentioned but, I agree with the premise completely.  It's just that in order to give your stars 17-20 mins your bottom 3 to 6 guys have to take diminished minutes, and Recchi is certainly in that group.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

no, I don't think you want move Recchi down.  That line's been big all year.  They have good chemistry. 

Ryder and Seguin played well together.

I do think you have to sit Thornton, though (although, I think Claude will sit Paille before Thornton, which I disagree with)

Lucic-Krecji-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Ryder-Seguin-Peverly
    Kelly-Campbell-Paille

All 4 lines are solid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Claude Julien will not move Mark Recchi to the 4th line, not unless Chiarelli puts a gun to his head. He'll never do that to Recchi; third line possibly but not to the fourth line not at this point in the season.  Peverly would be my guess. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

You all seem to recognize that Thornton is a liability, as some of us have pointed out all year. Best bet IMO is that Claude replaces[ or is ordered to replace] Thornton with Peverly because Bergie will want Recchi to stay on his line, and the trio, with Marchand, have provided good chemistry. Marsh is a sniper as his 20 goals attest, but he reads off his linemates as any rookie would, so keep them together. if Recchi tires during the game. both Peverly and Campbell can fill in, but that might be too much of a mental challenge for Claude. Kaberle looked good leading the PP into the Tampa zone, but Boychuck needs to have a few brain cramps replaced. Tampa also was focusing on running Timmy by pushing a Bruins D man into Tim. Is it time to consider the same strategy?? Finally, please eliminate slap shots on the PP; keep everyone moving, use aimed wrist shots, and do it without hesitation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns : I was just thinking this. If everyone were healthy, this team would be unstoppable. Of course, the same can be said of most teams when injuries are involved. Just imagine what next year could bring, too.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Imagine.... A healthy non concussed Savard and if Giroux didnt take that extra shot at Bergy in gm4...

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Seguin-Krejci-Peverley
    Kelly-Bergeron-Marchand
    Recchi-Campbell-Ryder

Good god!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from njbrufan. Show njbrufan's posts

its good to have a place to dump some of the post game energy and this is the most interesting topic headed into game 3.

From my perspective, and leaving all allegiances out of it, Recchi is the player most deserving of a scratch.  I understand his leadership role on the team and his history of playoff performance.  But a huge part of the success of his game is having some burst or jump to get the space neccessary for him to get his shot of.  He looks so much slower this season, compared to last.  I love the guy and would enjoy seeing him finish strong, but in my opinion, he lacks the juice to get to loose pucks and he isn't uses his quickness to get space for scoring opportunities.  He's been out of place on defense occasionally, and unusually soft on the puck, and his contribution has been slight.

Thornton's game is simple and sometimes effective, for the few minutes a game he gets on the ice.  He is what he is.  I would rather have his contribution of energy than Recchi, who seems to be at about 60% of what he was even just last year this time.

Obviously Seguin needs regular minutes.  I kindof thought that if it played out like this, Paille would be the healthy scratch.  But he seems to be handling himself well in a limited role 5 on 5, and has been very good shorthanded.  And obviously Ryder won't be scratched again any time soon.

Sit Recchi in Tampa Bay if Bergeron returns for game 3.  And if all the same players are available for game 4, play it by ear.  I'd like to see Recchi be a major contributor in these playoffs, but performance-wise, he has been looking his age for a while now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

The second line has been a ghost of it's former self this series without Bergeron to complete  the chemistry.

My lineup when he comes back would be:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Seguin-Kelly-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Peverly

You could easily swap Peverly and Kelly in differnet situations but this lineup has the making of a total shutdown 4th line and 3 legit scoring line threats.

As much as Thornton brings to the locker room, and as much as I love the guys heart, he is the only of the 4th line players that is not multi-dimensional enough to keep in the lineup the way Seguin is playing.

Paille single-handedly killed a penalty last night and his speed is needed over Thorntons toughness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

What's wrong with these lines?

Lucic - Krejic - Horton
    Marchand - Bergy - Recchi
    Seguin - Kelly - Ryder
    Paille - Campbell - Peverely

No one said you have to have a 4th line that doesn't play, just roll the 3rd line more when the Bs are down or it's tied, play the 4th when the Bs are up to protect the lead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Oh man, put Seguin, Marchand & Bergeron on a line and Tampa will sh*t their pants seeing those three roll out together. Those three will cause all kinds of problems for any team. Seguin skates like the wind, Marshmont is a little tornado, and Bergy is a magician. And Bergeron is responsible enough defensively that we don't have to worry about that aspect. These three would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys to watch together. DO IT CLAUDE!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with these lines? Lucic - Krejic - Horton Marchand - Bergy - Recchi Seguin - Kelly - Ryder Paille - Campbell - Peverely No one said you have to have a 4th line that doesn't play, just roll the 3rd line more when the Bs are down or it's tied, play the 4th when the Bs are up to protect the lead.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with these. It really does display the B's depth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Because Recchi's playoff experience is invaluable, you could see Paille as a healthy scratch. The Seguin, Ryder and Peverley line was magical in game 2. Recchi should play on the 4th line if CJ has the guts to do it.

In Response to Time to cut Recchi's Ice time when Bergeron returns:
    [QUOTE]Claude can't simply bury Seguin on the 4th line when Bergeron returns, and quite frankly, I don't want to see Kelly on the 4th line either.  I'd like to like to see Recchi lose some ice time.  They have to give Seguin regular minutes, and that won't happen on the 4th line.  Who bumps down to line 4?
    Posted by taylorhall10[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

The team, and Recchi, will be far more successful dropping Thorton and having Recchi in his slot with less minutes along with some PP time.  He will be more productive with less minutes.

whether it is Seguin or Peverly with Bergeron and Marchand i dont think matters, but think the added speed will be a huge bonus and create trouble for Tampa D.
    The resulting 3'rd line is better off as well.

4'th line of Campbell, Paille, and Recchi can be counted on and would be solid.

I have bashed him so hats off to Paille for solid PK duty last night.